Real European Companies Reloaded [DX11; v1.40+]

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
JazzGuru

Re: Real European Companies Reloaded [DX11, v1.37+]

#51 Post by JazzGuru » 11 Jun 2020 18:55

I'm using most of Jazzycat's packs, and most of the Trafficmaniac ones as well. I'm not sure if I've ever seen any of your trailer skins, because there is so much variety already in my game. What's important for me, though, is the companies themselves, which work fine. This mod rocks... :D
danbywinby

#52 Post by danbywinby » 12 Jun 2020 07:45

I just have one thing to say about this mod and that is that it looks very very impressive. So great work, well done.

There are so many companies in the game now that this kind of mod takes so much time and effort. Seriously I already know this because I did my own Real European Companies mod ages ago. Then SCS released Scandinavia which added more companies to the game and eventually I did manage to release a version for Scandinavia but the biggest pain for that mod was the 3D company depot logo for one or two of the companies. Like you I'm not a blender person. I eventually managed it but it was such hard work and just not worth it in the end. Technically I'm in the middle of working on a France DLC version but with so many companies in the game and more being added with each DLC and SCS switching more and more to the 3D company depots it's just so much work and time now.

So seriously well done.
NiHao

#53 Post by NiHao » 12 Jun 2020 10:09

I‘ll push update later today not only with the last two remaining companies replaced, but with some nice bonus updates, too ;). I‘m going to uplift various textures to DX11 in the future
updates, but without upping textures‘ resolution so frame rate is not going to be affected.

mk82 wrote: 11 Jun 2020 04:12 @NiHao
Maybe these are useful: https://imgur.com/a/hEm3EVH (scaled to 10000 px)
I don‘t know how you get them nor I care, but big THANKS! Those two logos are actually the highest resolution one I used. Absolutely mind blowing :o.

@danbywinby

Thank you very much. To be honest, even if I was good in Blender, I still wouldn‘t do it. It‘s the colossal waste of time, and you do it for free anyway (but other people still earn money
from our mods). I mean, I spend almost one month on just textures, and I‘m going to become crazy :?
And then there are SCS updates which from time to time break 3d models, and then you get yourself in the situation like Schumi with his 3d logos. Not going to happen with my mod.
It‘s going to work even if one day I abandon it because there is nothing to be broken, and it‘s even DX11 so it‘s future proof. The small minority who bitch about in game 3d sign are
free to use mods which has them done if they can find non-broken one.
And another thing – IMO, in game 3d companies signs are mostly for screenshots, and their impact on gameplay is barely noticeable. You just come inside company to pick up cargo,
and that‘s it (unless you constantly drive inside towns). What impact are UI logos and trailers. Again, IMO ;).

P. S.
You have some pretty nice mods, too :mrgreen:.
NiHao

Re: Real European Companies Reloaded [DX11, v1.37+] - update

#54 Post by NiHao » 12 Jun 2020 20:21

That‘s it – ALL companies has been replaced!!! But more improvements in DX11 are coming, too :mrgreen:.

UPDATE
Massive change of mod description as mod is basically finished.
In game sign of DAF has been updated to DX11.
ADR signs have been updated to GHS hazard pictograms and DX11. Details at UNECE.

Fully replaced the last two remaining companies:
Kolico –--> Caroli Foods Group (Black Sea)
Rimaf –--> Smithfield România (Black Sea)

More screenshots:
[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]
JazzGuru

#55 Post by JazzGuru » 12 Jun 2020 21:16

Nice! :D
NiHao

Re: Real European Companies Reloaded [DX11, v1.37+] - update

#56 Post by NiHao » 16 Jun 2020 21:03

UPDATE
Replaced 4 loading screens for Eurotunnel for the real one taken from Getlink Group official press releases.
Replaced 4 loading screens for ferries for the real photos of Calais port, and ferry ships.
Packed paper cases has been updated to DX11.
Haddock-Floyd ship has been updated to DX11 with as much as possible parts as are IRL. The half of texture file is the literal copy from this source :).
Updated flags at showrooms of the all 7 truck brands to DX11.
Replaced SCS SEAWAY logo to IRL at Felison terminal in Amsterdam (IJmuiden) port.
Light industry (Trameri) has been partly updated to DX11 to not look as an ugly ruin.
Updated textures of coal, gravel, ore and sand in the tipper trailer called Schmitz in file.

More screenshots:
[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]
Last edited by NiHao on 17 Jun 2020 17:51, edited 1 time in total.
Darkcaptain

#57 Post by Darkcaptain » 16 Jun 2020 21:39

Great, don't take 1 break @NiHao :lol: , thanks a lot!
JazzGuru

#58 Post by JazzGuru » 16 Jun 2020 23:24

So have you actually updated the Hapag-Lloyd container ship? I've been using a mod that fixes that for the last 5-6 years! ;)
NiHao

#59 Post by NiHao » 17 Jun 2020 12:38

Well, I didn‘t even knew about that mod… It‘s totally ok solution. Only if you are in really pure realism which maybe <1% care then you notice few mistakes:
a) Stern is still semi-fake, and
b) The real names of containers just for the sake of it – no, Hapag-Lloyd doesn‘t ship containers of their main rivals like Maersk. There are hundreds of pictures
of their ships, and that simply doesn‘t exist. And makes no business sense. They ship their own containers (Hapag-Lloyd and UASC) and reefers (Hapag-Lloyd),
and containers from smaller competitors.

Is it my rework perfect? Of course not :lol:.

I create everything on my own, and if my mod uses somebody else‘s work, it‘s credited like in REGSR. I posted link to the photo which SCS Soft literally used
in creation :mrgreen:. I reapplied every part in DX11.

Another thing, I checked every model, prefab, and trailer texture file to see what can be improved. I could release everything as a separate mods but I‘m not
that type of person. For example, I could release GHS hazard pictograms as mini mod as ADR goes to history. You can see on DFDS site they already use them.
-------

There are two types of textures which practically can‘t be improved:
1) Textures which are done properly by SCS. Good example is RMS Queen Mary 2 which you can see in the many ports even multply times at one port :lol:.
There is nothing to improve.
2) Textures which I wanted to improve but their application to model is weird so you practically can‘t do almost anything useful. The best example is
probably Eurotunnel train which really disappointed me :?.
NiHao

#60 Post by NiHao » 17 Jun 2020 17:56

Do you remember the original 3rd most popular mod in Steam ever – Real European Companies by Tamiel18? It‘s broken because of 3d models... Well, I‘ll see what 3d models can be salvaged
for the mod with the full credit because mod is abandoned for 2,5+ years. Not much can be reused anyway as most companies are different but a few maybe can be fixed like Ikea. If only pmg
files need update, it‘s good then.

UPDATE
Updated big ferry ship at Calais, Dover, Amsterdam, and Newcastle to DX11 as much as possible. It was actually SeaFrance Molière IRL when ETS 2 was published.
Updated logo of Fjordtime cruise ship at Bergen to the real one as except the logo, it‘s already the very close replica of MS Stavangerfjord :).
Updated Stela Line ferry ship to the real one. It‘s already good but a bit flawed replica of MS Stena Baltica (wrong windows on the right side but who cares ;)).
Updated ferry in Scandinava DLC to the real one. It‘s already pretty good replica of MS Superspeed 1.
Updated ferry in France DLC to the real one. Unfortunately it‘s reused model from SC.
Updated ferry in Italia DLC to the real one. Unfortunately it‘s reused model from SC.

More screenshots:
[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

Return to “Others”