Jezza8's Nvidia Freestyle Presets (TrueLite, Apex4 and more...)

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Jolakottur

Jezza8's Nvidia Freestyle Presets (TrueLite, Apex4 and more...)

#1 Post by Jolakottur » 20 Apr 2021 19:11

Jezza8's (Jolakottur) Nvidia Freestyle Preset - Index

Coming soon : V5 'Numero5' (SCS Weather, Grimes, RBW + every other released weather mods, free or not

UPDATE 18.07.22 / V4 'Apex4' (SCS Weather, Grimes & other $ weather mods) RELEASED : https://youtu.be/Z-nFaODY1pk

UPDATE 06.02.22 / V3 'TrueLite' (SCS Weather, Grimes & other $ weather mods) RELEASED : viewtopic.php?p=1662160#p1662160

OUTDATED/ Update 01.07.21 / V2 (SCS Weather, RBW...) RELEASED : viewtopic.php?f=34&p=1576926#p1576564

---------------------------------------

V1 PRESET :

Hi fellow ATS & ETS2 players,

after a lot of fiddling with the sliders in Nvidia Freestyle during my previous recorded trips, I'm happy to present you my own custom preset in this new video. You'll be able to see in action in various areas and hours (featured maps are SibirMap by 10Avoid, Iberia DLC, and Finnmark add-on for ProMods by Some-Thing). I'm using the texture packs from DamianSVW's Project Next-Gen Photorealistic Experience mod, but this preset works very well with Grimes mods or vanilla game too. I'm not sure yet how this will go with the upcoming version of JBX as it may bring some changes in lighting, exposure and color variant, but I'll make an adjustment in a new video if needed.

Nvidia Freestyle is an alternative to ReShade, and is the only available option to further enhance your game graphics if you're using NPI - Nvidia Profile Inspector - settings to improve the game's antialiasing (see RoEx forum link below for more details). As you may already have guessed, this solution isn't available to AMD GPU users.

A lot of awesome quality presets for Freestyle are already available and are worth mentioning, if you need some change and maybe find your sweet spot as I did : Koolizz Extremely Realistic Preset for ATS is certainly the most acclaimed, but you can also check JohnDoe Sickx's Urule preset, and I also highly recommend you to check Outlaw Trucksim's latest videos to get his preset details, as well as OnBoard's. They're all pretty fantastic alternatives that'll suit your tastes if you want colder/warmer tones, more or less contrast or exposure, and a tad more sharpness to give the game graphics a welcome little bit of oomph. I initially started from their presets and progressively tweaked most settings to get my own "perfect" balance. I'll also add the links to their channels below.

As for my preset (V1), now, here are the exact values you should adjust your filters' sliders to :

DETAILS
Sharpen : 13
Clarity : 23
HDR Toning : -14
Bloom : 5

COLOR
Tint Color : 0
Tint Intensity : 0
Temperature : -5.5
Vibrance : -9.6

BRIGHTNESS/CONTRAST
Exposure : -4
Contrast : -4
Highlights : -14
Shadows : 5
Gamma : 15

(if you have trouble adjusting the sliders to the aforementioned values with your mouse, you can use your keyboard arrows after positioning your mouse cursor on the desired setting)

Feel free to leave any feedback or suggestion below or in the video's comments section :)

By the way, ATS having a slightly different color scheme, I'm using the same preset with a few tweaks. I'll make another video for that one at some point.

---
LINKS TO NPI SETTINGS & OTHER PRESETS
---
RoEx forum / NPI settings for a better AA
https://roextended.ro/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1000

Koolizz's Extremely Realistic Preset for ATS
viewtopic.php?f=202&t=292506

JohnDoe Sickx's Urule Freestyle Preset
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=290530
https://www.youtube.com/user/SiCKXMEDIA

Outlaw Trucksim's Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/c/OutlawTrucksim

OnBoard's Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBxEcz ... q3qI6O6LXw

Graphics : ProjectNG 1.0 by DamianSVW (payware) - FYI Damian will also release his own Freestyle preset soon, along with PNG's next update.
-> Due to payware rules on the forum, link has been withdrawn. Check video description for more info.

Enjoy your enhanced graphics and have a safe drive ! ;)

Jolakottur (Jezza8 on YouTube)

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zqCgAGA1yY[/youtube]
Last edited by Jolakottur on 17 Sep 2022 17:19, edited 13 times in total.
Don_Lisper

Re: Jolakottur's Nvidia Freestyle Preset

#2 Post by Don_Lisper » 21 Apr 2021 03:11

Works great! What about the in game settings?
Jolakottur

#3 Post by Jolakottur » 21 Apr 2021 05:00

Glad you like it :) I'm using RoEx's NPI settings, so my in-game settings are exactly those recommended in their thread (requires scaling to be left at 100%, SMAA and Anisotropic filtering off, and SSAO off as well since it won't do well with the current NPI profile)
Loki1349

#4 Post by Loki1349 » 21 Apr 2021 05:07

Great preset! Using it with RBW 6.4 at the moment with great results.

Also thanks A LOT for linking the Nvidia Profile Inspector guide! I've tried to make it work before but without any success, until I followed the exact steps from the guide :) NPI actually improved performance while making the game look better. Now I can drive around in Iberia without annoying FPS drops :D :D
Saspunas

#5 Post by Saspunas » 12 Jun 2021 13:08

Looks good.
Jolakottur

#7 Post by Jolakottur » 01 Jul 2021 15:38

V2 is out now!

Changelog : Thanks to the newest version of GeForce Experience, the result went even better than expected thanks to the "Sharpen+" filter that helps make the textures look a little more photorealistic. Other changes include slightly warmer colors (compared to the somewhat washed-out look in v1), and various adjustments in more particularly regarding exposure, gamma, shadows/highlights.

Now, to the details :

SHARPEN+
Intensity : 30%
Texture detail : 25%
Invert Z Axis depth : On
Invert Y Axis depth : Off

DETAILS
Sharpen : 15
Clarity : 20
HDR Toning : -20
Bloom : 8

COLOR
Tint Color : 0
Tint Intensity : 0
Temperature : -1.5
Vibrance : -5.5

BRIGHTNESS/CONTRAST
Exposure : -8
Contrast : -8
Highlights : -12
Shadows : 5
Gamma : 5

I hope you'll enjoy this new look!
MrPapaBear

#8 Post by MrPapaBear » 02 Jul 2021 19:15

2 Questions Jolakottur. Because u use NPI, do you have all Sharpening set in Freestyle or somewhere else too? JBX mod is out did you have time to test it or are you waiting for his next update that should be even more adjusted? Thanks for the great work. Clarity is the only one refusing to go on 20, so what you think 19 or 21? :D :shock:
Developer of Economy Evolution
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2457732493
The Economy Mod for ProMods Players with addons for Map Mods and other Cargo Mods :D
[ external image ]
MrPapaBear

#9 Post by MrPapaBear » 02 Jul 2021 20:19

I think and I'm far from beeing a perfectionist and good with this stuff. But Sharpening ohnly in Freestyle looks perfect with NPI. I use JBX and those settings look amazing, brings out the details that get lost with NPI i believe. No matter it looks good the last one I don't see a big difference when changing the Clarity so i just let it be on 21, if you have any inside on that its appreciated.
Developer of Economy Evolution
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2457732493
The Economy Mod for ProMods Players with addons for Map Mods and other Cargo Mods :D
[ external image ]
Jolakottur

#10 Post by Jolakottur » 02 Jul 2021 21:24

Hello @MrPapaBear :)

I think I may have left sharpening set twice, actually :? Both in the Freestyle preset and in NCP (@0.60 + Ignore Grain 0.17). I should probably cut one of these two. [EDIT : Actually not really, sharpening in NCP only. I don't use the regular Sharpen filter in Freestyle, only Sharpen+ which has different options]

Regarding the exact value for Clarity, I occasionally have a similar issue. A workaround is to close the overlay, open it again and you should be able to correct the value (Sometimes I can only get -2 or -4 for Temperature, sometimes it's -1.5 or -3, go figure...). +/-1 won't make too much a difference with Clarity, so you're good with your set value.

As for JBX, well, my opinion about it can strongly evolve between updates. I thought the first versions for 1.39 looked overexposed and overburnt, but the 1.6.7.3 and following series were awesome. When it comes to 1.40 versions : Curiously, something bothered me a lot especially on the ETS2 update. The skyboxes are superb, but there's something odd with the lighting imho, I found it very artificial, maybe still 1.39ish, compared to the more natural light from the new SCS lighting. I think some textures don't look good at all under JBX lighting, especially sand/dirt which are way too bright (probably why he insists on it being compatible with the base game only for now, don't even try to run it with Red Sea Map, for instance). I also tried to switch JBX base & vegetation for ProjectNG 1.01 but the same issues appeared, and I couldn't really fix them with Freestyle filters. Maybe lowering exposure even further, as well as contrast and highlights, while increasing shadows... I look forward to trying his next update though. From the early screenshots it looks a little better in that field...

Also, unlike the default skyboxes/weather, or even other mods such as RBW, PNG weather or DowL's High-res Skyboxes, I noticed that this version seriously hit my FPS count, while the whole Freestyle + maxed out NPI settings scheme is already pretty demanding. For reference, I couldn't get a stable 60 FPS and resorted to run the game @4K locked at a smooth 30 FPS with r_vsync=2 and t_averaging_window_length=60 on a 60hz TV with heavy mods such as Jazzycat traffic packs, and ProjectNG texture & vegetation packs. Hardware is 5600x/3070/32gb. Bottomline, for now I'll stay away from it and hope the next update fixes those issues. Maybe then I'll try again to adapt the preset.

Anyway, it's down to personal preference in the end, and it's great that you found a satisfying solution, it's all that matters eventually :)

Return to “Others”