Scania 2016 S & R Custom Dashboards v1.9 (Updated)

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
NemesysTrans

Re: Scania 2016 S & R Custom Dashboard

#41 Post by NemesysTrans » 09 Oct 2021 22:25

@shmrtz : I think you misunderstand me. You DON'T use both mods. You either pick the old one, the 1.71 one or my mod, which is an update of 1.71. You should not use both mods at the same time.
DarkD3stroy3r

#42 Post by DarkD3stroy3r » 10 Oct 2021 17:57

@NemesysTrans Thanks for taking the mod over and keeping it alive. One bug I've found is that there is a gap just above the steering wheel. It's noticeable when driving in the dark and when there a source of light in front of the truck. Is is possible for you to fix this?
Attachments
Screenshot_7.png
NemesysTrans

#43 Post by NemesysTrans » 12 Oct 2021 14:09

@DarkD3stroy3r : I'm not sure. That seems to be some geometric problem with some parts. I'm just beginning to explore Blender to do 3D so I will look but I'm not sure I can fix it. You could try to reach out to @AlexeyP . He's the one who did the different parts of the dashboard while @piva did the dashboard display. Right now, I can only effectively make changes to the display, not the parts around the display.
DarkD3stroy3r

#44 Post by DarkD3stroy3r » 19 Oct 2021 21:02

NemesysTrans wrote: 12 Oct 2021 14:09 @DarkD3stroy3r : I'm not sure. That seems to be some geometric problem with some parts. I'm just beginning to explore Blender to do 3D so I will look but I'm not sure I can fix it. You could try to reach out to @AlexeyP . He's the one who did the different parts of the dashboard while @piva did the dashboard display. Right now, I can only effectively make changes to the display, not the parts around the display.
Fair enough. Luckily its not too bad of a problem when driving
rookie_one

#45 Post by rookie_one » 31 Oct 2021 18:50

@NemesysTrans nice update, that said you have one bug : Transmission mode

it display D instead of A when driving, instead of A. the solution would be to do a separate font file (that refer to the same dds file) and point D to the letter A.

I can make a fix and send it to you to integrate it in your mod if you wish.
Engine and Transmission compilation mod : here
NemesysTrans

#46 Post by NemesysTrans » 01 Nov 2021 14:35

@rookie_one: are you sure this is incorrect? Isn't it like in regular cars with automatic transmission, where the current mode shifts to "D" when you put the transmission into driving (like it shows "R" when you go in reverse)?
rookie_one

#47 Post by rookie_one » 01 Nov 2021 15:01

@NemesysTrans I'm sure.

North American trucks use D for drive on automated transmission by convention, but European trucks use A instead (cars use D), even if the physical selector use D.

You can see it on this Video :
I already made the correction on my own computer, and at the same time changed the fuel consumption bar to use the instant fuel economy data instead of the turbo boost data, if you want me to send the files to add them, just ask me and i'll send them to you.
NemesysTrans

#48 Post by NemesysTrans » 01 Nov 2021 15:13

@rookie_one : do you know if this indicator changes with the transmission or is it static? Some transmission information are using a special ID in the dashboard def file.
rookie_one

#49 Post by rookie_one » 01 Nov 2021 15:28

@NemesysTrans it change, in the mod it use ID 1380, which is describe as following in the wiki :
1380 - transmission mode, detailed (D/N/R/M)
It just a matter of altering the template to use a different font file, which point D to use the texture for A instead.

At that point, I can just send it to you for you to use, and you can examine them at your leisure if you wish
NemesysTrans

#50 Post by NemesysTrans » 02 Nov 2021 14:38

You mean a different ID? What would that be? I don't think changing the font used to display the transmission will make any difference. A font has a set of characters which are the same for any other font. Or I don't understand what you mean.

Return to “Others”