Scania 2016 S & R Custom Dashboards v1.9 (Updated)

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
NemesysTrans

Scania 2016 S & R Custom Dashboards v1.9 (Updated)

#1 Post by NemesysTrans » 23 Aug 2021 19:04

Custom dashboard for the Scania R & S of 2016. Re-arranged elements to have more information at a glance. Larger font sizes make it easier to read. Also has steering animation.

This was originally the work of @piva and the help of @AlexeyP . This mod has been cancelled by @piva and I'm taking over with his permission.

Version History:
  • 1.9:
    • Added time to rest and estimated time to arrival on the last screen
    • Replaced the "piva" font that was no longer compatible with 1.44
  • 1.8.2:
    • Made the speed indicator slightly smaller to allow speed over 99km/hr
  • 1.8.1:
    • Made odometer, speed, trip and clock slightly smaller
    • Replaced the dummy and useless radio icon and station with the cruise control icon and speed
  • 1.8:
    • New update and maintenance taken in charge by @NemesysTrans with the permission of @piva
  • 1.7.1:
    • Last update made by @piva
[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

Download: Scania 2016 S & R Custom Dashboard

Note: I rearranged the cruise control icon and the speed after taking the screenshots so it will look better in the game.
Last edited by NemesysTrans on 13 May 2022 21:32, edited 3 times in total.
ZeFrango

Re: Scania 2016 S & R Custom Dashboard

#2 Post by ZeFrango » 23 Aug 2021 21:24

good. continue supporte
Milosz07

#3 Post by Milosz07 » 23 Aug 2021 21:40

Hello @NemesysTrans

First - Thank you for taking over the mod!
My question is, is it possible to do that it does not overwrite the Original SCS SCANIA Next Generation Interior?
This is a Signature.
NemesysTrans

#4 Post by NemesysTrans » 23 Aug 2021 22:12

Hmmm... I guess that would be possible. I'm not familiar with the interior. Is the interior a single part or is it made of multiple parts?
Milosz07

#5 Post by Milosz07 » 23 Aug 2021 22:27

Interiors are generally made of Animation and the Interior Model
This is a Signature.
NemesysTrans

#6 Post by NemesysTrans » 24 Aug 2021 03:18

I will have a look but I don't promise anything. I can modify dashboards but 3D models are new to me. But I hate when modders put something behind the scene in their main mod...
Zizu

#7 Post by Zizu » 31 Aug 2021 13:43

Make an option without a Model please, that would work with this Scania viewtopic.php?f=35&t=247941
NemesysTrans

#8 Post by NemesysTrans » 31 Aug 2021 18:28

I'm thinking about making a basic version, but there are still a few things I need to figure out, specially some lights on the dashboard.

Checking the interior animations again, they all seem related to the dashboard, like blinkers, the steering wheel moving up when stopping the engine, warning lights coming on. You will need to be more explicit or detailed about what you don't like. I don't think I can remove those animations safely. For example, there is an animation for the flashers. If I remove it, the flashers won't flash anymore. The problem with this mod is that it radically changes the dashboard. I've made other custom dashboards but they were mostly making the font size larger or adding some new information, retaining the original dashboard from SCS.

So, what is it that you don't want?
Shyfty221

#9 Post by Shyfty221 » 31 Aug 2021 19:51

NemesysTrans wrote: 31 Aug 2021 18:28 I'm thinking about making a basic version, but there are still a few things I need to figure out, specially some lights on the dashboard.

Checking the interior animations again, they all seem related to the dashboard, like blinkers, the steering wheel moving up when stopping the engine, warning lights coming on. You will need to be more explicit or detailed about what you don't like. I don't think I can remove those animations safely. For example, there is an animation for the flashers. If I remove it, the flashers won't flash anymore. The problem with this mod is that it radically changes the dashboard. I've made other custom dashboards but they were mostly making the font size larger or adding some new information, retaining the original dashboard from SCS.

So, what is it that you don't want?
I don't think it boils sown to not wanting something, rather this dashboard mod completely overrides the Scania NG Interior Addon mod which is basically an interior custom mod with color options, extra toy nodes etc. With this dashboard mod it no longer works. So the question is, does this dashboard mod block or overwrite something from the other mod
NemesysTrans

#10 Post by NemesysTrans » 01 Sep 2021 01:17

If this Scania NG has its own identifier (like it should), this dashboard should not be loaded. I tried a Scania R4 and an RJL before and the Scania S and R dashboard was not used. Where did you get this Scania NG? I’ve tried the mod for the P, G, R and S Scania. I build a Scania S with it and everything was ok. I decided not to use it because it messes with the standard SCS S and R Scania and is preventing ReMoled from working. I wish modders would create new trucks instead of modifying the standard ones.

Return to “Others”