[1.24.3.2] Unrealistic Economy Mod (+"Less extreme" version)

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check chapters [4] and [5] of Forum Rules.
Cadde

[1.24.3.2] Unrealistic Economy Mod (+"Less extreme" version)

#1 Post by Cadde » 27 Sep 2013 00:56

Unrealistic Economy Mod
(For ETS 2 Version 1.24.3.2)

Now with a "Less Extreme" version for those who just want's a little push.
!!! NOT Available for 1.24.3.2 !!!

About

This mod is aimed towards players who for some reason needed to create a new profile. (due to broken mods or disused map packs etc)
But of course I will not stop anyone else from using it if they find they want to make lots of cash per run.

It will make it so you earn a fixed rate of 1 (one) million per job. (plus other job related payouts such as distance, which remain at the defaults)
It will also make it so when you manually park your trailer you earn 2000 XP (enough to get to level 10 in the first run) where the default is 45 XP. (Plus other job related XP rewards such as distance and good service, which remain at the defaults)
Finally, it makes it so you have about 6x more time to finish your delivery. I just added that as an extra bonus.

What does it change?

/def/economy_data.sii

Code: Select all

minimal_driver_salary:	10000000	# fixed part of driver's pay (minimum) (Up from 150)
	simulation_avg_speed: 10.0	# km/h (Down from 62.5)
	fixed_revenue: 10000000  # (Up from 600)
	exp_park_bonus: 2600         # bonus for not using the autopark feature (Up from 45)
Note: See change log for the "Less Extreme" version for changes in that.

Installation instructions
  1. Download the appropriate mod version that matches your game from the link(s) below.
  2. Move the downloaded file into your "My Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2\mod" folder.
  3. Start the game and edit the profile you want to use. (Edit button is on the bottom left of the profile selection screen)
  4. Check the box next to the mod file named "zzzzzzzzUnrealistic Economy ..." in the panel on the right hand side of the profile edit screen.
  5. Take on a job, a short one perhaps?
  6. ...
  7. PROFIT!
To uninstall, disable the mod in the profile (or you will get a "missing mod" error and need to reload from an autosave) and *optionally* delete the mod file from the mod folder.

Bugs/Notes etc

Be aware that if you are running on an already existing profile that the jobs created may be using old payout values. Thus you might have to sleep or pass the time some before the paying jobs start to show up.
Also, be aware that after having used this mod and you disable it, some jobs may be around that still pay out the million and the 2000 XP. Same here, sleep or pass the time some if you don't want to get one of these by accident after disabling the mod.

DOWNLOADS

For ETS 2, Version 1.24.3.2

Less Extreme version for ETS 2, Version 1.6.1 (Still works on 1.12.1, albeit missing two variables for maximum drive time and sleep time, doesn't break the game if you use this)

ARCHIVE (Older versions)

For older ETS 2 versions

Changelog

Version 1.5.2:
--------------------------------
[INFO] Initial release.
[ADDED] Simulation average speed - From 62.5 to 10.
[ADDED] Fixed revenue per job - From 600 to 1,000,000
[ADDED] Fixed XP bonus for parking trailer - From 45 to 2,000

Version 1.6.1:
[INFO] No changes, straight up port from 1.5.2 to 1.6.1 (Identical files)

Version 1.12.1:
[ADDED] Fixed driver revenue per job to 10,000,000, this makes it so you get extra cash for completing quick jobs as well. It also affects hired drivers!
[CHANGED] Fixed revenue per job to 10,000,000
[CHANGED] Experience for parking trailer to 2,600 (Instant level 10 on first job)
[NOTE] These changes were made for this mod to be useful for debugging purposes. Not having to take a loan first to buy a truck. This beats using cheatengine.

Version 1.24.3.2:
[UPDATE] Nothing changed, brought to 1.24.3.2 version definitions.
Less Extreme version - Changelog

Less Extreme Version 1.6.1:
[INFO] Initial release.
[CHANGED] Simulation average speed - From 62.5 to 55.0.
[CHANGED] Fixed revenue per job - From 600 to 1,000.
[CHANGED] Revenue per KM - From 15 to 20.
[CHANGED] Fixed XP bonus for parking trailer - From 45 to 120.
Licencing

Err? Share it with everybody, turn the contents upside down, turn it into ASCII art, claim ownership, defame the original author, post on 4chan about it... For the lulz?
I don't care what you do with it, you have my explicit permission to re-post as much as you'd like everywhere. Even on forums not even remotely associated with ETS 2.

That said, i reserve the rights to revoke these permissions if SCS were to ask. It's their work after all... I am just the modder.

Enjoy!
Last edited by Cadde on 27 Nov 2013 19:44, edited 6 times in total.
On extended hiatus.

Cadde

Re: [1.6.1] Unrealistic Economy Mod

#2 Post by Cadde » 21 Oct 2013 20:49

Updated to 1.6.1, sorry for being late about it. I forgot this even existed.
As always, feel free to ask for an update.

In this case, nothing really changed. I just copied and renamed the file because nothing changed in game.
On extended hiatus.

abasstreppas
Location: On an island outside another island, outside another island...

#3 Post by abasstreppas » 21 Oct 2013 20:55

Nice, guess you read my post were I linked to your mod, so now I :evil: have to update that one :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edit: Strange, I can't find the thread were I posted that :roll:

n4gix

#4 Post by n4gix » 22 Oct 2013 01:12

abasstreppas wrote:Edit: Strange, I can't find the thread were I posted that :roll:
viewtopic.php?f=111&t=26947#p99127
Fr. Bill
Interests: Gauge Programming - 3d Max Modeling for Eaglesoft Development Group & Military Visualizations
It is not wise to contest forum moderators; they have more ways to admonish than you have of evading, (Shin'a'in Proverb) :)

Cadde

#5 Post by Cadde » 22 Oct 2013 08:50

Hah, cross posting deluxe. ;)

And thanks for the comments on the actual mod... :P
On extended hiatus.

Contradanza

#6 Post by Contradanza » 22 Oct 2013 20:46

Hey, how do you make mods? I like your idea, but i dont want it to be so extreme, a little xp/money boost would make wonders. Just recently lost all my save games, and i have to start all over but i like driving it just takes ages to get where i was.

Contradanza

#7 Post by Contradanza » 22 Oct 2013 21:20

Great mod, is it posible to make it a bit less extreme? :)

Cadde

Re: [1.6.1] Unrealistic Economy Mod (+"Less extreme" version

#8 Post by Cadde » 22 Oct 2013 23:55

Modding isn't hard at all but i won't re-explain it here. Use the forum search function until i can muster up a guide.

I have uploaded a "Less Extreme" version for those that want that.

----------

@ Everyone else, if you want a "Hard Economy mod" that really keeps you on your toes in terms of economy, especially with this new fuel consumption thing i can release that after some testing. (Wanna beta test? PM me)

That is of course if anyone is interested.
On extended hiatus.

thebigbadonion

#9 Post by thebigbadonion » 23 Oct 2013 00:12

Would it be possible to do it the other way? and make the economy far more realistic? I kind of fancy the challenge, but can't find any mods that offer it in a decent way.

By that I mean the following:

Realistic pay for jobs, (in line somewhere with real charges for moving goods)
A much smaller salery a trucker would recieve for the quick jobs.
more realistic fuel prices, toll fees, and repair costs, and fines
Unable to get the 500,000 bank loan to expand your company until a much higher level, say level 20?
Everything in the upgrade shop costs a realistic amount, and obviously realistic truck prices
Since the biggest barrier to getting a new truck would be money, remove the level locks

Cadde

#10 Post by Cadde » 23 Oct 2013 00:25

Yes, that's what i said below the divider line in my last post.

As for fuel prices, i feel they already are rather realistic. Of course they aren't up to date but they aren't horribly off either.
One could make some sort of auto update application for it though if one where to be really picky about them. ;)

As for quick jobs, both freight market and quick jobs are affected by the changes in "economy_data.sii" as with this mod and the "harder" one i use personally.

Bank loans, I don't think i can control when you can take a certain loan but i can control how big of a loan you can take throughout.
Now it's 10k, 50k, 100k and 400k. I could make it 10k, 25k, 50k and 100k. With higher interest rates and longer durations of course.

As for the upgrade shop, that would be an ONGOING project because each part would need revised costs. There are hundreds of them. For that i would need a team of people helping out.
Same with level locks.
On extended hiatus.

Return to “Others”