BDF Tandem Truck Pack v149.00 (11 November 23)

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Anna K

Re: BDF Tandem Truck Pack v139.00 (03 November-20)

#5661 Post by Anna K » 05 Aug 2021 13:43

I've been dreaming about the ability for at least modders to have visible cargo for rigids for years now, realizing it's not gonna happen. The method of adding it via the 'workshop' is acceptable enough but it can get a little annoying when you're in a city that doesn't have a 'workshop', yet you pick up a trailer with different cargo on it - so you either teleport or drive 2 different cargoes visible around. Oh well, minor drawback for driving around stuff that this game engine hasn't a clue about. :)

EDIT: Even if it's just a small system that automatically adds the correct visible cargo on the front when picking the cargo on trailer. Like adding it from 'workshop' but when loading trailer cargo. Like a single locator with it's own def files or something for this. I don't know, just a random thing passing by in my head.
Flemming V
Global moderator

#5662 Post by Flemming V » 05 Aug 2021 13:56

I agree, it will be sad if this is not possible on the fly (I hopefully know that soon),
but I am more than ready to add it from workshop, if it fails to do it the right way.
At least we are able to drive around with something on the back of the truck and trailer that way.
I was thinking also to make some visible cargo in like boxes that could reflect almost anything, that way we perhaps don't need to go to workshop for every load. :-)
seth_haveron

#5663 Post by seth_haveron » 05 Aug 2021 13:59

Flemming V wrote: 05 Aug 2021 13:35 That's right, Mannu, now I remember.. :-)
I have worked on this all night and manage to make it work like a charm on trailer. (on the fly)
BUT BUT BUT, only on the trailer, I can not add cargo to the truck at all, no matter what I try.
SO, I probably have to give up the idea of dynamic visible cargo on truck and trailer, when loading at the company.

As I see it, the only way to continue this project with visible cargo, it to make it available in the workshop to buy (free).
In workshop it is possible to add visible cargo to both truck and trailer, you will even could add different cargo on front as back, even that is probably not that real. :-)
It would probably not be a big deal to add all cargo in game available in workshop to buy, but it was sadly not the way it was intended from the start.

I have asked SCS if this is not possible to add cargo on the truck (on the fly) as it is on the trailer.
They are my last chance to get this to work or to tell me that it will not work with current game code.
It would make sence if they did not make it available to add visible cargo direct to the truck. :-)

I remember when I used so many hours to crack/read the game code, to be able to add drawbar/dolly trailers to the game,
but this one with visible dynamic cargo to the truck it self, I don't think I can crack/read.. :-)
did you actually try to "abuse " the b-double def. ??? its funny how well all the def. - frankensteiner of all sorts work as they should including the visible cargo on the flatbed .. it might be the ultima ratio to do so ...

but it need to be quality tested to make sure it don´t dig to deep or fragment to much. or you might ask Teklic for a little help in this reguards ....
i dont care if you like my Opinion i shove it in your face anyway ....unlike you i have one.
Flemming V
Global moderator

#5664 Post by Flemming V » 05 Aug 2021 14:11

seth_haveron wrote: 05 Aug 2021 13:59 did you actually try to "abuse " the b-double def. ???
Yes, I have tried to "abuse" almost any kind of def files I could. (I think)
Problem with b-double is that both are trailers where the truck is not seen as a trailer.
Trailers have there own body def files which the truck don't have.

I have Including the Cargo object (which the trailers have in model) to truck, chassis and flatbed and even made flatbed accessory look like a trailer, without luck.
The only thing, I recall at the moment to be dynamic on a truck is the engine badge, I wish we had something dynamic on the truck chassis to compaire too that at the same time read the cargo type.

But I am VERY open for any suggestion to test until SCS will return with an answer, regarding if it's possible at all. :-)
bekoliko

#5665 Post by bekoliko » 05 Aug 2021 14:17

I guess we have to wait for SCS to introduce rigid chassis for all of our dreams to come true.
mannu

#5666 Post by mannu » 05 Aug 2021 16:00

I think that to have the loads on the truck, it will be necessary to go to a garage (workshop), if it is the only thing to do while waiting for something better.
It's already better than having nothing. So Flemming, if you can already achieve this by going to the workshop I'm already super happy.
As I play with a virtual business, I don't mind going to a workshop.
Keep us posted if you can do it for this next version.
seth_haveron

#5667 Post by seth_haveron » 05 Aug 2021 19:45

is there any chance to redirect or clone the cargo path over to a artificial nockpoint at the truck chassis ??

i somewhow cant believe that the games structure cant be Bend in this direction ... there should be some kind of cheesy move to do so...

even if its a full scale trailer without collision routine nailed on the chassis ..
i dont care if you like my Opinion i shove it in your face anyway ....unlike you i have one.
Flemming V
Global moderator

#5668 Post by Flemming V » 06 Aug 2021 07:48

I have just been confirmed from SCS that there is no code in game that would read body on truck,
which means in short that it is not possible to load visible cargo onto the back of the truck dynamic.
We can hope in future that game engine will allow this, and I will then be so ready to use it.

So I will now go and make it possible to load cargo onto truck (and trailer) from workshop.
BUT, as there are more than 120 different visual cargo to add, I will not make it within next week.
BUT, I will now make a load of cargo that could reflect anything, to both truck and trailer.
That way, we have something to add right away in update 1.41.
I will then use my time after my vacation to add those 129 other visual cargo types when time is there bit by bit.
mannu

#5669 Post by mannu » 06 Aug 2021 16:11

OK, thank you Flemming
bekoliko

#5670 Post by bekoliko » 07 Aug 2021 17:00

Will there be an update for the DAF XG as well?

Return to “Trucks”