BDF Tandem Truck Pack v149.00 (11 November 23)

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
RobslinG

Re: BDF Tandem Truck Pack

#21 Post by RobslinG » 20 Jan 2014 11:51

Is it possible to have several box skins and trailer skins at the same time? as in i can choose between more than just 1 at the paintshop and there's more than just 1 skin on all the jobtrailers?
Did you hear Peterbilt, Kenworth, and Freightliner are going to make a truck together?
They are going to call it a "Peter Worth Shakin"
rocknrollDaVE
Beta tester

#22 Post by rocknrollDaVE » 20 Jan 2014 12:04

it is possible. but I have not looked in to how to do this exactly
I'm on a mission to ensure the city of Pittsburgh is accurately represented in ATS.
◇ Link to World of Trucks profile below ◇

[ external image ]
tery

#23 Post by tery » 21 Jan 2014 11:58

Flemming V, did you thing to add a dolly for all your truck to have the posibility to take the trailer from the game not only your?
ohaha

#24 Post by ohaha » 21 Jan 2014 12:51

dolly's are not supported by the game
it would be just a rigid... thing, hanging at the back of the truck...
Retired, but still loving it.
tery

#25 Post by tery » 21 Jan 2014 14:13

i don't like what i hear about dolly
maby it's other whay to take the original trailer with this kind of truck
ohaha

#26 Post by ohaha » 21 Jan 2014 14:51

ETS2 does not support an extra articulation point.
And, even if it would support it, it should be in the trailer model, not the truck. Otherwise you would have to perform two attachment operations, one for the dolly, one for the trailer...

And, anyway, to everyone asking about dollies or doubles or smoke out the exhaust or owning a trailer, the things are simple:
  • ETS2 is out of the design phase - no major code rewriting is going to take place to accommodate such game changers.
  • If SCS Software was going to do all this, they might as well release a new game, because it means a lot of work and a huge rework of the whole principle behind the current economy system.
  • And that's not going to happen, because all those people working on it must be paid.
  • Free patches have their own purpose, but there must be some revenue source, to justify the efforts.
  • Some of the improvements seen in the latest patches, like normal maps, various add-on additions and the upcoming AI and physics overhaul are also meant to help with the development of future titles, like ATS, so they are justified.
  • We should all be glad that SCS Software gave them to us, ETS2 players, in form of patches, too.
  • They could've kept them for the new game, exclusively, to draw more attention and to entice people to buy it.
  • But they made us a huge favor by letting us have a taste of it, for free.
  • So, bottom line, if your idea for a feature has the potential to be a major rework of the game (like the aforementioned) don't be surprised they are not implemented in ETS2, but think that they have a chance of appearing in a future title.
Retired, but still loving it.
bang-setia

#27 Post by bang-setia » 21 Jan 2014 15:56

hi fleming

whether it can change its interior
because in some mod I downloaded
only have 1 interior can't be changed in service place
and I am used to driving in the UK with the right hand drive

sorry for bad translation ... i'am used google translated
michbret

#28 Post by michbret » 21 Jan 2014 16:08

rocknrollDaVE wrote:I was driving through Poland with my DAF Tandem and got held up in heavy traffic at a toll gate, when I saw my truck jolt around a bit. it turns out that the toll gate will close down on the trailer and cause damage
it turns out the truck has a hard time with toll booths in general
I have seen a similar problem reported on the TSM bugtracker, rejected of course since caused by a mod ;)
cleber_oro

#29 Post by cleber_oro » 21 Jan 2014 17:42

rocknrollDaVE wrote:I was driving through Poland with my DAF Tandem and got held up in heavy traffic at a toll gate, when I saw my truck jolt around a bit. it turns out that the toll gate will close down on the trailer and cause damage

I made a video of this bug
it turns out the truck has a hard time with toll booths in general
This problem happens without the trailer too. But if you drive very slow (eg 1st gear) nothing happens.
Flemming V
Global moderator

#30 Post by Flemming V » 21 Jan 2014 18:55

setiawebid wrote:hi fleming
whether it can change its interior
because in some mod I downloaded
only have 1 interior can't be changed in service place
and I am used to driving in the UK with the right hand drive
I think you have another mod that destoy this, because you should be able to drive with ALL interiors with my mod.

Return to “Trucks”