BDF Tandem Truck Pack v149.00 (11 November 23)

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Flemming V
Global moderator

Re: BDF Tandem Truck Pack

#31 Post by Flemming V » 21 Jan 2014 19:05

cleber_oro wrote:
rocknrollDaVE wrote:I was driving through Poland with my DAF Tandem and got held up in heavy traffic at a toll gate, when I saw my truck jolt around a bit. it turns out that the toll gate will close down on the trailer and cause damage
I could not reproduce this error. I tried in my DAF with trailer at the Toll in both France and Poland. I had no Issue.
So this should be fixed in Build 1.9.x when it comes.
michbret

#32 Post by michbret » 21 Jan 2014 20:16

Hello Flemming V

I tried to reproduce this supposed bug on a clean game (1.8.2.5s + all the DLC + your BDF pack mod only) but cannot, at least in Poland.

So I never got this problem at toll gates in Poland, with or without trailer.

However, I noticed that, when driving without trailer, I got hit in the back (let's stay polite) by another truck. This happens 3 times, always in Poland, once at a toll gate but twice at a basic red signal in a town. This is quite strange since I don't remember such behaviour when I explored the "new" DLC.

I don't know if it is related to the "road properties" in the DLC (trucks arriving too quickly), to another AI flaw (may be solved in 1.9 ...) or a to "small" collision box.

By the way, thanks again for this wonderful mod. A new driving experience.

Best regards
Flemming V
Global moderator

#34 Post by Flemming V » 21 Jan 2014 21:38

michbret wrote:However, I noticed that, when driving without trailer, I got hit in the back (let's stay polite) by another truck.
I don't know if it is related to "small" collision box.
Yes, as you say, to "small" collision boxes are in place.
And this is on purpose, while if I make a bigger collision box, then the tandem trailer will hit it before its going in and under the truck to attach.
So yes, I know about that and will not do anything about it. ;)

I have made a collision box which fit the coolerbox and a smaller collision box just where the trailer attach so it feels like the trailer hits the hook.
But cars are just low enough to drive under the coolerbox and will hit the collerbox with windscreen before car front hit or stop for the hook box.
michbret

#35 Post by michbret » 21 Jan 2014 22:02

For this, you are the boss.

I don't know anything about truck modelling. I guessed this by observation and some deduction.

I understand the rationale behind your answer and I think that it's OK.

Let's see how things evolve. The original map (Europe only) was very well optimized with roads properties so it hid the AI flaws. The DLC going east is far less "optimized" as we can see in game. With map mods, that's another story, often worse.

By the way, these "collision" doesn't prevent to play since we don't get damage (or very small).

I like beta testing and did a lot in my professional life (in avionics) on more critical software than this game. I should have developed some sharp eye on it.

Again, a very nice mod. Thanks
boychyk

#36 Post by boychyk » 22 Jan 2014 00:21

I also observed tremors in the back when driving
hippo

#37 Post by hippo » 22 Jan 2014 07:23

I have driven thre of these trucks now. Magnum, daf, and volvo 2012. The magnum drives a bit different. It seems like the rear steering axel is turning faster and it causes oversteer. It caught me out and i crashed almost immediately. Then i tried steering erratically and it really pushes the front tires across the road. I do not know if this is just a function of the chassis or what, but it was a nervous drive indeed. Not undrivable, just different to the other two that feel alike.
Flemming V
Global moderator

#38 Post by Flemming V » 22 Jan 2014 08:00

Hi Hippo
I will adjust this as soon as possible. This could easily be because not all 3 axles are in level on rear of truck.
There is an update on its way for the comming weekend where all trucks are with only 2 axle (6x2), I will adjust this before then.
Thanks for reporting this, I would never had time to find this my self. ;)
rocknrollDaVE
Beta tester

#39 Post by rocknrollDaVE » 22 Jan 2014 08:09

Flemming V wrote: I could not reproduce this error. I tried in my DAF with trailer at the Toll in both France and Poland. I had no Issue.
So this should be fixed in Build 1.9.x when it comes.
ok, so this is older version of the game error im guessing
I'm on a mission to ensure the city of Pittsburgh is accurately represented in ATS.
◇ Link to World of Trucks profile below ◇

[ external image ]
Flemming V
Global moderator

#40 Post by Flemming V » 22 Jan 2014 08:18

I am not sure, but I know they have or had the exact same problem lately with the new AI.
That the toll did not open or close to early. But this should be fixed. As said, I could not reproduce it with the DAF tandem.

Return to “Trucks”