[REL] Next Generation Scania P G R S [v.2.5.4 - 30.12.2023 - SW Only]

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
AlwaysLonging

Re: [REL] Next Generation Scania P G R S [v.2.3.1 - 26.12.2020]

#2401 Post by AlwaysLonging » 25 Jul 2021 06:59

Ciobby wrote: 19 Jul 2021 05:36 I seem to encounter several errors after the 1.41 update for R and S trucks:

[model] Unknown variant name 'default' on model '/vehicle/truck/upgrade/badges/scania_2016/badges_r_730.pmd'
[model] Unknown variant name 'default' on model '/vehicle/truck/upgrade/badges/scania_2016/badges_r_520.pmd'
[model] Unknown variant name 'default' on model '/vehicle/truck/upgrade/badges/scania_2016/badges_s_370.pmd'
[model] Unknown variant name 'default' on model '/vehicle/truck/upgrade/badges/scania_2016/badges_s_450.pmd'

The left and right panels behind doors are missing. Is there a conflict with other mods? I have no other Scania NG mods.

I've also tried with a fresh profile and only this mod active and the result is the same...
I have exactly the same problem. I can also see that the left hand side panel is missing in the little icons beside the jobs in the quick jobs menu, so I don't think it is a mod conflict. Either way, it would be great if the mod author could take a look at it and hopefully fix it soon.
AlwaysLonging

#2402 Post by AlwaysLonging » 25 Jul 2021 07:05

yozza wrote: 24 Jul 2021 20:26 Hi guys since this mod has been updated on Steam to 1.41 I have come across a problem. I have noticed that the panels behind the doors on all models are missing.
I have the same issue, but since I started on a new profile and P and G cabs don't seem to be available with quick jobs, I can only report that I have seen this issue only with the R and S cabs. Even with the R and S cabs, the problem seems only to affect the V8 models and not the straight sixes, at least from what I observed briefly last night. Hope it is an easy fix and can be done soon, because this mod is absolutely brilliant!

Edit: I also just noticed that along with the panels behind the doors, the fog lights in the front bumper are also missing
JamesKirk

#2403 Post by JamesKirk » 27 Jul 2021 20:01

@yozza @AlwaysLonging ======================>>>>>> The truck continues to work normally, the problem mentioned by you is due to the renaming of the Scanias R and S NG files in the truck company folder made by SCS. As Eugene's mod was configured in a previous version you will have to rename the files in the truck_company, truck_company_uk folder and the files inside the double, heavy and oversize folders.

You must unzip the game's DEF file, go to the folders indicated above and correct the files.
Translated by Google Translate - sorry if any words become meaningless
Oh, no
You say goodbye and I say hello
Hello, hello
I don't know why you say goodbye, I say hello
Hello, hello

Beatles - Hello, Goodbye
AlwaysLonging

#2404 Post by AlwaysLonging » 28 Jul 2021 09:23

JamesKirk wrote: 27 Jul 2021 20:01 @yozza @AlwaysLonging ======================>>>>>> The truck continues to work normally, the problem mentioned by you is due to the renaming of the Scanias R and S NG files in the truck company folder made by SCS. As Eugene's mod was configured in a previous version you will have to rename the files in the truck_company, truck_company_uk folder and the files inside the double, heavy and oversize folders.

You must unzip the game's DEF file, go to the folders indicated above and correct the files.
I did try to follow what you said, but it did not change anything. The problem remains. I am not very good with computers, so I probably did not understand your solution correctly. I opened the def file of the game > vehicle > truck_company/truck_company_uk > and saw that all Scania NG files started with scania_r2016_xxxxx.sii or scania_s2016_xxxxx.sii. In Eugene's mod however, the names were scania_r_xxxxx.sii or scania_s_xxxxx.sii. So I changed the filenames in Eugene's mods only from r to r2016 and s to s2016. Should I have changed the whole filename? I also hope that I only had to change the file names and did not have to edit anything inside the sii files. If possible, could you please let me know in detail, the exact changes that need to be made?
JamesKirk

#2405 Post by JamesKirk » 28 Jul 2021 12:55

@AlwaysLonging ===========>>>>>>>> Try using my add-on, the original mod only included the G and P models, but with the mentioned problems I gave an update and decided to include the R and S models. Just put it above Eugenie's Scania mod.
In addition to the corrected R and S models, you will have Scania NG's P and G models in quick jobs

_ETS2_-_Quick_Jobs__-_Quick_Jobs_for_Eugene_Scania_NG_P___G.scs - 132 KB
Translated by Google Translate - sorry if any words become meaningless
Oh, no
You say goodbye and I say hello
Hello, hello
Hello, hello

Beatles - Hello, Goodbye
Eugene
Global moderator

#2406 Post by Eugene » 29 Jul 2021 19:28

I have uploaded a proper update for 1.41 on SW. If things go smooth, i'll get it here in a couple of hours, or tomorrow
SirVirgoTheMess

#2407 Post by SirVirgoTheMess » 29 Jul 2021 19:30

Thanks @Eugene for the update and new content for the mod :)
Your Scania mod is one of the best trucks mod i've ever downloaded ;)
W4X

#2408 Post by W4X » 29 Jul 2021 19:43

Thanks for the update @Eugene!
[ external image ]
Do Not Disturb
Eugene
Global moderator

Re: [REL] Next Generation Scania P G R S [v.2.4 - 29.07.2021]

#2409 Post by Eugene » 29 Jul 2021 20:14

Thanks!
Legacy download links are updated in 1st post.

2.4 changes (as far as i remember)
- Bug fixes for 1.41 patch
- Bug fixes in SISL pack patch, please redownload
- Customisable Multimedia screen. (Advanced FM + Premium-GPS,FM,Carplay,Camera. Turn on and off with ignition). Don't forget to buy it for your owned trucks. (known bug - brightness of backlight does not adjust)
- Separated Climate control unit. Turn on and off with ignition. Don't forget to buy it for your owned trucks. (known bug - brightness of backlight does not adjust)
- Separated Roof shelf on rear wall + added for Normal Cab (Top bed will come in future hopefully). Known bug - changes not visible in exterior view
- Some Black Gloss parts (headlight trim, mirrors, etc.)
- Retro style Mudflaps
- Customisable Trailer cables and hoses (black and coloured)
- Something else I might have forgotten
mr_geralt1

Re: [REL] Next Generation Scania P G R S [v.2.4 - 29.07.2021]

#2410 Post by mr_geralt1 » 29 Jul 2021 20:15

Great update only one problem gauges are not light when headlights are off, problem that scs fixed in 1.41 update

Return to “Trucks”