[REL] Next Generation Scania P G R S [v.2.5.4 - 30.12.2023 - SW Only]

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
piva

Re: Next Generation Scania | Improvements and Rework (WIP)

#31 Post by piva » 18 Nov 2017 06:30

Do not hurry.
Hidden accessories of new Scania.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9l2jQHTQug
Tigerclaw

#32 Post by Tigerclaw » 18 Nov 2017 09:52

Okay, nice video, and a nice insight into what they intend to implement in the future.

One thing I'd like to point out to SCS about these accessories however, and I hope they look at this:

@SCS On the roof bars, I didn't see any slots near the back of the bars for Air Horns. Please don't leave this truck like some of the others, where putting Air Horns on the Roof Bars makes them stick out in front of the Truck. It looks stupid to be honest. If at all possible, please add hookup spots nearer the back of some of the Roof Bars. Or even better, add hookups to the roof itself.

I realise this is just a Beta view of what "may" or "may not" be in the final release, but I just wanted to give you guys at SCS a "Heads Up" as to what at this stage, you may have missed. I hope you don't feel insulted, that isn't my intention.
Tony
Wolfi
Beta tester

#33 Post by Wolfi » 18 Nov 2017 09:58

Tigerclaw wrote: 18 Nov 2017 09:52 @SCS On the roof bars, I didn't see any slots near the back of the bars for Air Horns. Please don't leave this truck like some of the others, where putting Air Horns on the Roof Bars makes them stick out in front of the Truck. It looks stupid to be honest. If at all possible, please add hookup spots nearer the back of some of the Roof Bars. Or even better, add hookups to the roof itself.
This has been discussed with SCS, yet we (testers) didn't get any official statement on it yet. However it may (or may not) be the reason why the roofbars (and other tuning parts) are currently disabled ingame ;)
The smallest details always make the biggest difference.
pero

#34 Post by pero » 18 Nov 2017 10:00

I believe lots of tuning will come from SCS (painted air intakes, painted side panes, etc...) - via Mighty Griffin DLC, but I am looking forward to your rework of the model.

The amazing work you`ve done on the Volvo is showing us, that we can expect something awesome.
Tigerclaw

#35 Post by Tigerclaw » 18 Nov 2017 10:08

That's all cool with me Wolfi, thanks for the information. I see so much potential in a lot of ways, and anything to eliminate the use of a mod is all for the better. If SCS can add something that a mod does, that is better for everyone, and lessens the chance of a broken mod come next update. They have come a long way since I first started playing, and both games/sims are getting better all the time.
Tony
piva

#36 Post by piva » 18 Nov 2017 10:16

I just want to say, that no hurry to create Scania tuning, when SCS will out this tuning, so you can decide - need your tuning or not. :lol:
ronnie._1

#37 Post by ronnie._1 » 18 Nov 2017 12:54

Hi Eugene, I love your Volvo mod so I am looking forward to this. Please add the ability to put lights on the front of the truck without bars and stuff.

Thanks, Ronnie :)
Follow My Adventures:

Ronnie's Adventures
(New Update Up Now!)
johnny_91

#38 Post by johnny_91 » 18 Nov 2017 15:52

Also love your Volvo mod. These details, just damn. But today when i first played with the new Scania i must say, that SCS has done a super awesome job on it. The truck is simply awesome, especially the interior. What brings me to my wish for it. Its a bummer, that till today SCS has still not introduced a proper cabinlightning for the trucks. So maybe you could make a decent cabinlightning for the Scania S, just like in knoxs Renault Magnum. Also the interior camera, where you can rotate the mouse inside the cab to sit on the other side of the truck.
LeafeonGold

#39 Post by LeafeonGold » 18 Nov 2017 16:00

Regarding the Airhorns, I wonder if SCS is going to do like they did in ATS and have them on a separate hookup slot (That would be nice!).
"Don't try extra hard to make your presence known, but make sure your absence is noticed."

Intel I7-4790K |//| EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW |//| 32GB RAM
Workshop |//| ATS Screens |//| ETS2 Screens
RichardH

#40 Post by RichardH » 18 Nov 2017 17:46

@ RIXeN,

Did you already see 50Keda's rework of his accessoires mod? It now includes some parts for the nextgen Scania and also nodes for airhorns.
Maybe it's old news but here you go..
viewtopic.php?f=175&t=246467

Return to “Trucks”