[1.49] Swap Body Carrier Chassis Pack [Krone DLC required]

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
xXCARL1992Xx

Re: [1.41] Swap Body Carrier Chassis Pack [Krone DLC required]

#331 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 12 Sep 2021 09:36

drove the mod for the last 2 days and it is great, was already contemplating to adapt the Krone Dolly i have to it but your hook point is higher then that from the dolly, so i wont even bother with it :rofl:

some changes i had to make regardless but mostly on the Cab and the Chassis also because of the stupid way SCS made the bottom part of the door part of the cab and the steps part of the chassis, so it is impossible to add plastic parts to it without modifying the cab and chassis files first :roll:

but when loading the MAN chassis i noticed the air tank on the driver side behind the trailing axle has a hole in the mesh, maybe you deleted to much somewhere along the line accidentally ?

[ external image ]
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Sebastian7870

#332 Post by Sebastian7870 » 12 Sep 2021 11:59

@xXCARL1992Xx Thank you for the information!
I will fix it in the next update!
SCS really did some stupid things in the past. It got a bit better with the new trucks, as they separated each part, that (might) has(have) plastic.
That is a reason why it takes quite long to get a good looking chassis even without a BDF-Carrier-System on top of it... ;)
Creator of the Swap Body Carrier System
[ external image ]
Steam | WorldOfTrucks | SCS Profile
xXCARL1992Xx

#333 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 12 Sep 2021 14:52

thats why i cut them up for me or else adding plastic parts was logically impossible :grin:

question, do you plan to add maybe the steered dolly from Krone ? this way it would be possible to make a 25.25m version, i have a model of one but it is so detail poor i dont really want to use it after i saw your chassis work and i cant find good material to recreate it with my limited skills
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
KieskutscherEF

#334 Post by KieskutscherEF » 12 Sep 2021 18:13

The Krone Swapbody Trailer for 2 Boxes where be nice. But for the Dolly you need a low cupling System. The Standart Coupling is longer than 25.25m. I hat seen one Time such a combo of Hermes Logistics at Friedewald, wo had carried 3 Boxes on the Combo. One on the Truck and two on the Trailer

Edit.. Here is a link of this combo, bit it is a train of fliegl
https://www.eurotransport.de/artikel/he ... 65995.html
Reallife Trucker SwapBody Carrier DHL

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/765 ... pid=227300

My YouTube Channel
[youtube]https://youtube.com/@kieskutscheref4608[/youtube]
Sebastian7870

#335 Post by Sebastian7870 » 13 Sep 2021 14:51

I don't think I'll add the Krone Dolly or the Fliegl Swap Train because I would have to model low-hitch systems for each truck. In my opinion, SCS has to work on that a bit more... I hope they do so :(
I didn't even expect to get that far (two trailers, two swap bodies and two chassis) :shock:

I'll focus on new trucks first and that is going to take a while but I keep those suggestions in my mind for the future :D
[ external image ]
xXCARL1992Xx

#336 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 13 Sep 2021 15:34

the dolly i mean has a range from 300 up to 900mm for the hook, yours is somewhere around 823mm, so it would be possible, it may look kinda strange but is within Krones specs

https://www.krone-trailer.com/fileadmin ... eLZ_DE.pdf

just a though you dont have to do it, in the meantime i found a high details (a bit to high detail) rigid dolly model which is used for Farm Sim maybe i will be able to make it less poly bomb and use this instead even if it isnt the one needed for EU regulations or at least German ones :grin:
[ external image ]
KieskutscherEF

#337 Post by KieskutscherEF » 13 Sep 2021 16:02

I think Sebastian will make it realistic. So is a hook from 900mm of an Dolly incorrect. The train will have with the high hook over 26m. 25.25 is the most regulary in Europe for this gigaliners. Nice will be when scs bring the Krone swap Liner. This Trailer is officiel listet as Lang LKW Typ 1 in Germany.
Reallife Trucker SwapBody Carrier DHL

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/765 ... pid=227300

My YouTube Channel
[youtube]https://youtube.com/@kieskutscheref4608[/youtube]
xXCARL1992Xx

#338 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 13 Sep 2021 16:10

did you read the schematics of Krone ? if the hook point is behind the truck at 900mm hight it is half a meter shorter then when it is under the truck, there is no 26m, the dolly is made for under truck and behind truck towing to be inside the 25.25m, the Profiliner is even longer for a Gigaliner then the normal Profiliner we have ingame (13.6m VS 15m for the Gigaliner)
[ external image ]
Sebastian7870

#339 Post by Sebastian7870 » 13 Sep 2021 18:13

@xXCARL1992Xx The Krone Dolly would work with a high-hitch setup (Drawbar: 900 mm height and 3.500 mm length).
The Krone Dolly might be a thing in the future but as I want to model new truck chassis first and I do not have many pictures of the dolly (it was a pain to find enough pictures with the tandem already) I won't think about it soon, I am sorry for that.
[ external image ]
xXCARL1992Xx

#340 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 13 Sep 2021 18:15

nah, is OK was just a question, i hope we will get it from SCS at least but for this we need their rigids first
[ external image ]

Return to “Trucks”