[REL] [1.43] RJL Scania T v21.12.9

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Jacky_Twix

Re: [REL] [1.40] RJL Scania T v21.5.22

#61 Post by Jacky_Twix » 30 May 2021 01:56

LoaderSaints wrote: 29 May 2021 13:28 @Jacky_Twix Unfortunately there is no such option provided in the mod and I have no plans of adding such. Creating one on your own would require the use of Blender as you'd need to make a new variant or a completely new model along with definition files for it.
Ah poop. Thought it would of just set my rig off with a chrome front end.

I actually have been using Cinema 4d for about 15 years now ( just on a hobby basis ) So the modelling part in fine with but when it comes to writing files then I wouldn't know where to start!!

Thanks anyway and your work is awesome!!! has got me through some long days during lockdown.
gbrlmbrgs

#62 Post by gbrlmbrgs » 01 Jun 2021 00:33

On my old gauges T1 panel, where the odometer was supposed to appear and the onboard computer doesn't appear, only a few squares in place, would it be a bug or graphical configuration?
LoaderSaints

#63 Post by LoaderSaints » 01 Jun 2021 06:53

@gbrlmbrgs Please post a screenshot of the issue. Sounds like it could be a mod conflict or an unresolved issue with OpenGL.
Winchester1979

#64 Post by Winchester1979 » 01 Jun 2021 21:23

Jacky_Twix wrote: 30 May 2021 01:56 [

I actually have been using Cinema 4d for about 15 years now ( just on a hobby basis ) So the modelling part in fine with but when it comes to writing files then I wouldn't know where to start!!

Thanks anyway and your work is awesome!!! has got me through some long days during lockdown.
The defs are the easiest part though. Just copy the definition that points to the original part you modified (so if you took a painted grill and made a chrome one, find the painted grill definition), then basically change the internal name of it to match the filename of the new def (so if the old filename was shape1.sii, make the new one shape1_c.sii; then change the internal name from shape1.whatever to shape1_c.whatever), change the "exterior_model" path to point to your new model file, and maybe add "chrome" to the "name" statement.

That's basically all you need to do.

Getting blender and the blender tools installed and running; learning how to import and export properly; and figuring out how to make proper-looking chrome? Those are the hard parts. Especially the last, as the method changed with the 1.40 patch. I don't know if copy/pasting materials on top of each other works in Blender, as I 've never tried it, but if it does that would probably be your best bet.

(edit: the front mask models are, within the mod archive, in vehicle/upgrade/grill/scania_tcab_2009; and the definitions for them are in def/vehicle/truck/scania.t/accessories/f_intake_cab. The defs are just text files with funny file extensions, they're the easiest thing in the world to edit as you can just extract them and open them in notepad...)
Jacky_Twix

#65 Post by Jacky_Twix » 03 Jun 2021 18:29

Winchester1979 wrote: 01 Jun 2021 21:23
Jacky_Twix wrote: 30 May 2021 01:56 [

The defs are the easiest part though. Just copy the definition that points to the original part you modified (so if you took a painted grill and made a chrome one, find the painted grill definition), then basically change the internal name of it to match the filename of the new def (so if the old filename was shape1.sii, make the new one shape1_c.sii; then change the internal name from shape1.whatever to shape1_c.whatever), change the "exterior_model" path to point to your new model file, and maybe add "chrome" to the "name" statement.

That's basically all you need to do.

Getting blender and the blender tools installed and running; learning how to import and export properly; and figuring out how to make proper-looking chrome? Those are the hard parts. Especially the last, as the method changed with the 1.40 patch. I don't know if copy/pasting materials on top of each other works in Blender, as I 've never tried it, but if it does that would probably be your best bet.

(edit: the front mask models are, within the mod archive, in vehicle/upgrade/grill/scania_tcab_2009; and the definitions for them are in def/vehicle/truck/scania.t/accessories/f_intake_cab. The defs are just text files with funny file extensions, they're the easiest thing in the world to edit as you can just extract them and open them in notepad...)
Thanks , erm.... Im totally new to all this stuff so you lost me about 3 words in!!!. Is there any links etc on tutorials how to do this???? Also does it have to be blender or just something that can export an object in the correct 3d format?? Just I have other software ( which ive used for many years ) and am more comfortable using. It can export .obj files.
Winchester1979

#66 Post by Winchester1979 » 03 Jun 2021 22:24

Jacky_Twix wrote: 03 Jun 2021 18:29
Thanks , erm.... Im totally new to all this stuff so you lost me about 3 words in!!!. Is there any links etc on tutorials how to do this???? Also does it have to be blender or just something that can export an object in the correct 3d format?? Just I have other software ( which ive used for many years ) and am more comfortable using. It can export .obj files.
Blender is the only software which has conversion tools for the SCS file formats, and you really have to use those to get anything done. (Well, you could use Zmodeler, but Blender is free and Zmodeler isn't...)

And I meant it when I said learning how the definitions is the easy part, because basically you can just open up most mods out there as if it was a .zip file (because it is just one with a funny file extension... the ones you can't do that with are purposely broken but there's a tool to fix that) and the definition .sii and .sui files are just plain text files with funny file extensions. So you open a mod up, have a look around inside, and go "ahah! so that's how it works" after a little while. Well, at least if the mod is made the standard way....

There are tutorials on the forum, not sure how up to date they are, and if you get stuck you can always ask for help on the forums.
Jacky_Twix

#67 Post by Jacky_Twix » 03 Jun 2021 22:41

Winchester1979 wrote: 03 Jun 2021 22:24
Jacky_Twix wrote: 03 Jun 2021 18:29
Blender is the only software which has conversion tools for the SCS file formats, and you really have to use those to get anything done. (Well, you could use Zmodeler, but Blender is free and Zmodeler isn't...)

And I meant it when I said learning how the definitions is the easy part, because basically you can just open up most mods out there as if it was a .zip file (because it is just one with a funny file extension... the ones you can't do that with are purposely broken but there's a tool to fix that) and the definition .sii and .sui files are just plain text files with funny file extensions. So you open a mod up, have a look around inside, and go "ahah! so that's how it works" after a little while. Well, at least if the mod is made the standard way....

There are tutorials on the forum, not sure how up to date they are, and if you get stuck you can always ask for help on the forums.

Thanks, Ill look into it over the weekend.
Martinpitrmoc

#68 Post by Martinpitrmoc » 04 Jun 2021 20:52

@LoaderSaints please do you plan to make sisu r500 c500 c600 at 1.40?
Digital X

#69 Post by Digital X » 04 Jun 2021 21:02

He mentioned he will, earlier in the thread someone quoted:
Short answer is yes. However, it will require some more time as some extensive changes are being made to it.
LoaderSaints

#70 Post by LoaderSaints » 05 Jun 2021 10:24

That's right, it is under development. ;)

Return to “Trucks”