NTM semi/full-trailers (05.05.20)

entryway

Re: NTM semi/full-trailers (29.06.19)

#391 Post by entryway » 18 Aug 2019 14:52

That was fast, wow. Thanks a lot.

Ric1987

#392 Post by Ric1987 » 20 Aug 2019 16:46

Who can i set a Skin for the ownable Trailer?? Can´t find it???

m1keY

#393 Post by m1keY » 21 Aug 2019 14:41

@Ric1987 , use the template, make your skin, then make a mod using the new way of doing the skins ...
you have the filepath required for the different trailers in the main mods (tandem addon and the main) acc_list for each part and so on ...seen in the main mod/addon mod in paintjob folders...

Ric1987

#394 Post by Ric1987 » 23 Aug 2019 16:26

@ m1key no plan how to do that. is there an explanation how to do that ??

m1keY

#395 Post by m1keY » 24 Aug 2019 17:19

@Ric1987 and others...
just check this mods filestructure and you'll see how it's done ...
( I could just make an template for it, but then people wouldn't learn it the proper way....
so with this I hope some of you learn something from it - if NOT I'm probably NOT the PERFECT teacher for this - and ENGLISH isn't my native language...so laughs on me if it sounds and looks funny
) ;)

main mod and the tandem addon (if you also are planning to use it) ...showing how the skinmod of your own should be like

you should (well it is a learning curve as with anything else) be familiar with editing and
looking in .sii-files / .tobj-files obviously ..use of notepad++ , tobj-editor / hexeditor to give the mod your unique stamp :P
AND create your own skin with softwares like paint, photoshop, gimp using the provided templates for this or any other trailer you are doing skins for .

************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Quick example to get you going ....only showing the owned_trailer ( there are some skinmods out there, check them out aswell )

main mod : open it/unpack it for easier access... ( winrar/ winzip/ 7zip )

ok, same filepath ( as seen in def-folder ) is required for your skinmod to work so you could copy it to start your own template.... (same goes for any other trailer/truck)
files to open and study/check:
filestructure should look like this ( main mod...same method for the tandem addon)

def\vehicle\trailer_owned\ntm\paint_job
in this folder you have the actual skinname - color.sii / color_settings.sui for the trailer which tells the game how to apply, where to find the texture for it
color.sii ( file content and explanation below )

Code: Select all

SiiNunit
{
accessory_paint_job_data :  color.ntm.paint_job
{
@include "color_settings.sui"
	paint_job_mask: "/vehicle/trailer_owned/upgrade/paintjob/ntm/white.tobj"
}
}
accessory_paint_job_data : color.ntm.paint_job = name of your skin, as seen here color ,
same as the file in the paint_job folder... get it, all files much be the same name for your skin - so give it a unique name ( never use default names - from any skinsamplemods ).

@include "color_settings.sui" - this is to look in that file same folder; paint_job ... tells the game ..well see content, name, price, location of the logo which is seen in the skinTAB in trailershop

name: "white"
	price: 24000
	unlock: 5
	airbrush: true
	base_color: (0.988200, 0.960700, 0.894100)
	flake_color: (0.988200, 0.960700, 0.894100)
	flip_color: (0.988200, 0.960700, 0.894100)
	flipflake: true
	icon: "body_logo/ntm/ntm_logo_dark_blue"
paint_job_mask: "/vehicle/trailer_owned/upgrade/paintjob/ntm/white.tobj" - filepath to your custom skin - filepath doesn't have to be as this one, you could (read: should) make your own.
I would recommend having this filepath to a one-colour ...like it is in default = white,
if doing so any trailermodel not specified with a custom skin will be white and not have any malfunctioning textureissues :lol:

********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

If you read this far, you're almost ready to start your own custom skinproject ....
let's take a look in the main mod again ....

def\vehicle\trailer_owned\ntm\paint_job

as you see there's also an accessory folder here ... ( **surprise look** ) :lol: :o

opening it ... well a new file and it's named :?: color.sii - and you know why :?: ( I believe in You now - You know this ) - yes...same name as skinname.... so all files are related and work together - UNITY :!: :!: :!: :D

This file have same function as the first one in paint_job folder ... it will specify ALL textures ( your customization of the trailers )
...main skin, fenders, chassi...you name it - any ACCESSORY on the trailer you can customize. So should we take a look inside this one ... :ugeek:

SiiNunit
{

simple_paint_job_data : .ovr1
{
	paint_job_mask: "/vehicle/trailer_eu/ntm_trailer/skin/default.tobj"
	acc_list[]: "body.4_4_box"
	acc_list[]: "body.4_box"

}

simple_paint_job_data : .ovr2
{
	paint_job_mask: "/vehicle/trailer_owned/upgrade/paintjob/ntm/fenders.tobj"
	acc_list[]: "fenders_a.parlok"
	acc_list[]: "fenders_a.parlok_ref"
	acc_list[]: "fenders_b.parlok"
	acc_list[]: "fenders_b.parlok_ref"
	acc_list[]: "fenders_c.parlok"
	acc_list[]: "fenders_c.parlok_ref"

}

simple_paint_job_data : .ovr3
{
	paint_job_mask: "/vehicle/trailer_owned/upgrade/paintjob/ntm/blue_parts.tobj"
	acc_list[]: "ntm_f_l.paint_box3"
	acc_list[]: "ntm_f_r.paint_box3"
	acc_list[]: "axles.axles_3"
	acc_list[]: "axles.axles_3s"
	acc_list[]: "frame.chassis_3"
	acc_list[]: "frame.chassis_3s"
	acc_list[]: "frame.dolly_tand"
	acc_list[]: "fueltank.fueltank"
	acc_list[]: "ntm_f_l.paint_cover"
	acc_list[]: "ntm_f_l.paint_box"
	acc_list[]: "ntm_f_r.paint_cover"
	acc_list[]: "ntm_f_r.paint_box"
	acc_list[]: "r_bumper.standard"
	acc_list[]: "r_bumper.custom"

}

simple_paint_job_data : .ovr4
{
	paint_job_mask: "/vehicle/trailer_owned/upgrade/paintjob/ntm/default_lp.tobj"
	acc_list[]: "custom_lp.custom_lp"
	acc_list[]: "custom_lp.custom_lp2"
	acc_list[]: "custom_lp.custom_lp3"
	acc_list[]: "custom_lp.custom_lp4"
	acc_list[]: "custom_lp.custom_lp_2"
	acc_list[]: "custom_lp.custom_lp_5"
	acc_list[]: "custom_lp.custom_lp5"

}

simple_paint_job_data : .ovr5
{
	paint_job_mask: "/vehicle/trailer_owned/upgrade/paintjob/ntm/r_mudflap_scania.tobj"
	acc_list[]: "r_mudflap.paint"

}

}
Ok, content seen ... .ovr# - new group for any other texture you are giving the various accessories, you could give ALL of them the same, so how many .ovr# you have doesn't matter...
important is that you CAN NOT have the same acc_list[] - item in multiple .ovr# :shock:

Well the FIRST .ovr# ..in this default ( color-skin ) is the filepath to your skin you have made by using the specific trailertemplate ... I always have the first .ovr for that purpose...
and yes, it doesn't need to be called .ovr either .. just keep it short and simple NOT too long (more than 12...is a No-NO )

********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
• Just a heads-up, I have yet not updated my skinpackages to 1.35 - so a need for a seperate skinname for each trailermodel might be a MUST; 4 meters and 4.4 meters different names ( same goes for tandemversions )
• done some small testing with the Ekeri's...and had that issues...might be human-error ;) viewtopic.php?f=36&t=252538&start=550#p1202137
• make the first one, copy and change names on the .sii-files where it is needed.... use the same textures except for the maintrailerskin... ( .ovr1 )

********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

HOW do you find and what acc_list are - I have explained that in another thread - CLICK HERE so it would be stupid to spam this thread any longer than neccessaa...argh, can't spell this :cry: - it's pretty self-explanatory by the name of them
( sorry for this m-a-s-s-i-v-e SPAM Kast ) :oops: :oops:

to END things ... for each accessory you see the different filepaths - ( which you can have whatever you wish to... changing names/filepaths are IMPORTANT otherwise there will be MODCONFLICTS ( possible game CTD )
using notepad++ isn't hard... using the .tobj editor and understand how-to might be as said in the beginning a learning-curve, there's plenty of information on the forum - SEARCH is an incredible invention :geek:

REMEMBER to download the TEMPLATES for this mod - link in first post ...they can all be perfectly related to any of the acc_list[] - items in the color.sii easy to make your own customization of it...
I have probably forgotten something here, but community here are usually helpful so ask away ... guess after this my profile will get a posting-limit-block activated :lol: :lol: so hopefully someone gives it a go

zippe

#396 Post by zippe » 24 Aug 2019 18:11

@m1KeY

It is always fantastic to see how much effort and time you invest to help others here 👍👍
Again and again we can see in many topics your more than detailed help!!! and I think you helped a looooots of people with your great "how to do" descriptions :) that´s really great 👏👏
sorry for the off topic Kast, but I think that had to be said once :)

cip

#397 Post by cip » 28 Aug 2019 14:41

Mike thanks also! I try to take your guide to skin some emergency vehicles :lol: editing dds images is still unknown territory for me :lol:
sorry also for off-topic! ;)
on-topic: thank you Kast for the 1.35 update, the wheels update, and also adding the trailers as ownable ;)
Enjoy driving with my Real Traffic Density for ETS2 and ATS
Enjoy listening my Real Ai Traffic FMOD Sounds for ETS2 and ATS
I have quit SCS forum...

ArthurMorgan

#398 Post by ArthurMorgan » 07 Sep 2019 16:23

friend of mine tried but didnt work.

Hannesfarming

#399 Post by Hannesfarming » 13 Sep 2019 08:52

Isnt there any short tandem trailer for Norway?

Mike Zadra

#400 Post by Mike Zadra » 18 Sep 2019 16:51

Hi kast, sorry if I ask ... in the future will there be short NTM trailers available for purchase like the one in the photo?

I don't know English, I use Google Translator ... if you read stupid things, here's the reason

Return to “Trailers”