Trailer Kässbohrer for Volvo F88 by XBS

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
PikPikker

Re: Trailer Kässbohrer for Volvo F88 by XBS

#121 Post by PikPikker » 11 Jan 2021 13:35

@Kaldie, this is the addon which deals with one of your skins as an example. Any other skinners who have problems with my version of this trailers should have a look inside the archive as well. It contains the minimal amount of stuff needed to define a skin. Download link: https://sharemods.com/rcwu8x6qn16h/Kass ... n.zip.html

This addon also describes how to change the wheels. In trailer_dealer/kassbohrer folder, there are two files (if you don't need multiple wheel versions, you may have only one file). One has its own Kassbohrer wheels, the another has SCS basic wheels. Look inside the second to find out how to install any other tires and rims you want. This is probably should work with any modded stuff.

Also, you can pack your skins any way you like. You can make them as a separate mod or include the files right into the trailer archive, it does not matter at all. Make it just as you feel it comfortable.

If you want to customize your trailer right inside the game, I have bad news for you. To make this possible, the trailer must be remodelled due to SCS modern formats, and I'm not sure how to do this. This way, we can only customize them by the files, defining a new trailer at the dealer for each skin... So yes, we make a new trailer for the dealer for each new skin we install.

Feel free to ask if you still have questions.
Kaldie

#123 Post by Kaldie » 12 Jan 2021 10:57

PikPikker wrote: 11 Jan 2021 13:35 This addon also describes how to change the wheels. In trailer_dealer/kassbohrer folder, there are two files (if you don't need multiple wheel versions, you may have only one file). One has its own Kassbohrer wheels, the another has SCS basic wheels. Look inside the second to find out how to install any other tires and rims you want. This is probably should work with any modded stuff.
Hello PikPikker, I see that the skin now works, I will try to put in my other skins as well. As for the wheels, will it be possible to only use one of the files and remove the other from the archive ? So that I rename kassbohrer_cote2.sii to kassbohrer_cote.sii and delete the first file ?

Because with both files in the archive I can't change wheels and they remain red Kassbohrer wheels...

Thanks for the help !
PikPikker

#124 Post by PikPikker » 12 Jan 2021 11:31

Yes, of course that is possible to use only one of the files. The number of these files define the number of trailers to be sold, I mean, 2 files = 2 different trailers at the dealer's, 1 file = 1 trailer.
Kuschlik

#126 Post by Kuschlik » 16 Jan 2021 15:30

@klassieker I agree. Great paintjob! :)
Win11, 64 bit - Intel I9-13900K - Asus Z790F - 64GB DDR5 RAM - Nvidia RTX4090

My World of Trucks Profile ---> https://worldoftrucks.com/en/profile/737222
Virgile

#128 Post by Virgile » 17 Jan 2021 08:53

Thanks a lot
Kaldie

#129 Post by Kaldie » 18 Jan 2021 08:38

PikPikker wrote: 12 Jan 2021 11:31 Yes, of course that is possible to use only one of the files. The number of these files define the number of trailers to be sold, I mean, 2 files = 2 different trailers at the dealer's, 1 file = 1 trailer.
Ok, nice ! But what about the skins, I have added some more skins from myself to it, but they don't show up in the game...can I only use one skin at the time ?
PikPikker

#130 Post by PikPikker » 18 Jan 2021 09:01

@Kaldie, it's hard to say what you've done incorrect without seeing your files. Can I have a look at them somehow to help you?
And no, there is no limit on the skin quantity. You can make 50 skins (or even more) if you want and be free to choose it any time.

Return to “Trailers”