[REL] Cistern Menci | v1.35.xx

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
LAFAYET47

Re: [REL] Cistern Menci | v1.35.xx

#291 Post by LAFAYET47 » 08 Nov 2020 10:33

@Justin7190 please give a little bit more of input, what is not exactly working for you?

1. Did you give a higher priority to the fix than main menci mod in mod manager?

2. Make sure to go to shop and select the correct chassis, ADR or Foodtank
Justin7190

#292 Post by Justin7190 » 08 Nov 2020 13:07

I have selected the ADR chassi.
My Problem is that i have for example a Cargo of Milk to the Company "NSOil". Thats wrong.
And for Example i have "Benzin" from Transinet to Trameri. This is okay, but something it goes for example from transinet to a Farm. (a farm....)
I think there is something wrong.
LAFAYET47

#293 Post by LAFAYET47 » 08 Nov 2020 16:18

@Justin7190 That's because my patch doesn´t delete the original cargoes that MDModder made for this trailer. If you want to do that, open main mod and delete the cargo and company folders (and also the files cargo.menci01.sii and so on)

Other than that I can´t help you, it's working fine for me.
Aburaffat

#294 Post by Aburaffat » 17 Nov 2020 15:24

Nice mod indeed but unfortunately for ets2 1.33 not working because a lot of errors makes the game crashed, please kindly if you can share a download link.
Many thanks in advance.
Mahad

#295 Post by Mahad » 19 Nov 2020 11:40

The game is now 1.39. Why you stay on 1.33 ? No legit version ?
MDModder

#296 Post by MDModder » 19 Nov 2020 12:34

one day it may come for 1.40 LOL :)
Trucker_71

#297 Post by Trucker_71 » 19 Nov 2020 15:03

Mahad wrote: 19 Nov 2020 11:40 The game is now 1.39. Why you stay on 1.33 ? No legit version ?
I wonder if his avatar means something. :shock:
Georg Haeder

#298 Post by Georg Haeder » 25 Nov 2020 16:15

Yup, it means exactly what you were thinking. Arrrrrrr
--JV--

#299 Post by --JV-- » 11 Dec 2020 20:56

@LAFAYET47 Thanks for FIX, all works good!
mropods

#300 Post by mropods » 06 Jan 2021 12:21

@LAFAYET47
Thanks for your fix!
But I have some suggestions.
Do you really know how to edit the manifest.sii file?

Code: Select all

<ERROR> [unit] File '<D:/Documents/Euro Truck Simulator 2/mod/Menci_Cistern_Cargo_Fix.zip | >/manifest.sii', line 14:
<ERROR> Expecting attribute name or closing bracket, found ','
<ERROR> [unit] File '<D:/Documents/Euro Truck Simulator 2/mod/Menci_Cistern_Cargo_Fix.zip | >/manifest.sii', line 18:
<ERROR> Expecting attribute name or closing bracket, found ','
<ERROR> load_unit_tree() - Failed to load unit tree from file (/manifest.sii)
Although these insignificant minor errors don't prevent your mod from working normally, they cause the mod manager not to show any information you specified in manifest.sii, including the mod icon and the description.

Line 14 you wrote is:

author: "MDModding", "LAFAYET47"
And line 18 you wrote is:

category[]: "trailer","cargo"
As the comment prompts, Author can be any string with any length. A string is a sequence of characters embraced by quotes. So "MDModding", "LAFAYET47" is not a string but two strings separated by ','. You should have written it this way:

author: "MDModding, LAFAYET47"
Categories is an array of strings, each of which follows "category[]:" instead of being separated by ",". And the game doesn't recognize "cargo" as a valid category name. The correct name for the cargo category is "cargo_pack". So line 18 should be:

category[]: "trailer"
category[]: "cargo_pack"
I modified manifest.sii of your mod, and the mod manager now shows all the info about your mod correctly. Maybe someone, such as @Seimeizhou, will again say I don't respect the author and it's meaningless to correct these minor errors. The purpose I modify others' mods is to make my gaming experience even better. It's bad experience to see the mod manager unable to show a mod's info as the author intended. Why is it meaningless to achieve better gaming experience by modifying mods? For example, @Seimeizhou often throws rubbishes from his room into the dustbin outdoor to make his life feel better. Why does he always do such a meaningless thing? He should bear with a room full of rubbishes in order not to do such a meaningless thing.
Yesterday, I modified a truck engine sound mod by deleting the definition of the gear sounds which I don't like. That weird guy @Seimeizhou said I had done "such a meaningless thing". I wonder since when removing something you dislike to make you feel better has become meaningless. Frankly, playing ETS2 and doing anything about ETS2 is itself meaningless, so was his replying me with those words.
Maybe @Seimeizhou thought it's very easy to delete a folder in a mod, so he said it's meaningless. I bet he is unable to figure out which def files are responsible for the gear sounds, and he can never find the correct files or folder to delete. It's not easy for him to modify mods. Just because I described my effort as a single operation of deleting a folder, he thought it's very easy and therefore meaningless.

Return to “Trailers”