[1.49] Krone Profi Box Carrier Pack [Krone DLC required]

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Space_Night

Re: [1.42] Krone Profi Box Carrier Pack [Krone DLC required]

#71 Post by Space_Night » 23 Oct 2021 18:36

i like the new update (which works on back-rolled 1.41 too :D ) however @Sebastian7870 One thing I think would make this trailer look better would be optional full fenders on the front dolly (like the ones on the rear axle)
Sebastian7870

#72 Post by Sebastian7870 » 23 Oct 2021 19:54

@Space_Night I know there is another trailer configuration with a missing front fender part. I have plans to rework the trailers but as I have so many plans I can't tell you how long it will take to realise that.
Creator of the Swap Body Carrier System
[ external image ]
Steam | WorldOfTrucks | SCS Profile
Space_Night

#73 Post by Space_Night » 23 Oct 2021 20:08

Thanks Seb.

the fender on the dolly is a "quarter fender" with a full fender over the rear axle. just thinking it would look better with a full fender option.
Sebastian7870

#74 Post by Sebastian7870 » 23 Oct 2021 20:34

@Space_Night I thought you meant a look like this:
https://pic.truckscout24.net/images-big ... 781001.jpg

Because full fenders aren't available for the front wheel.
[ external image ]
Space_Night

#75 Post by Space_Night » 23 Oct 2021 21:08

so i see, having looked at the Krone website. I am surprised
Yukine

#76 Post by Yukine » 02 Nov 2021 07:21

@Sebastian7870 Hello, I want to share with you what I noticed.
During my 5-6 hours of gameplay I couldn't understand why I couldn't correctly park the dolly trailer, it was like if the dolly was sliding around..
I changed "weight_distribution: spreader" to "weight_distribution: semitrailer" and it did the trick, the dolly doesn't feel like sliding any more and feels "logical" to the point I could park it in a couple of tries.

The spreader attributes "removes the pitch degree of freedom", which seems to explains why it was so rigidly moving (and sliding) around.

It's only a workaround, but this is what I'll use for now. :)
Modders forgot sometimes there is also a life, so work on your speed. Don't think ''People need it fast.'' -Milan1NL
Sebastian7870

#77 Post by Sebastian7870 » 02 Nov 2021 15:00

@Yukine I'll have a look at it and will maybe change it in the future. I've never had problems with the dolly but I can understand the problem. Sadly ETS2 does not support pitchable drawbar/towbars (as a dolly trailer has in real life...).
A problem when changing the weight_distribution to a semitrailer is that the whole chassis will then pitch like a semitrailer although a dolly trailer cannot pitch at the turntable/slewing ring.

SCS uses the "spreader" weight_distribution in America Truck Simulator for the lowboy trailers which also have a turntable/slewing ring.
As I said, I'll have a look at it :)
I am happy that you found a solution by yourself ;)
[ external image ]
king1

#78 Post by king1 » 03 Nov 2021 13:39

As someone who drove these IRL for a while, it did feel kinda weird backing up the turntable trailer, but I always figured it's because we got 900 degrees steering, which is only half of what you have in real life.
But I tried it with "weight_distribution: semitrailer" and I gotta say, it feels way more realistic now. Thanks for the tip @Yukine.
For those who don't know where to change it, it's located in the trailer pack (\def\vehicle\trailer_owned\krone.boxcarrier\chassis\chassis.sii).

And it may be off-topic, but having a steerable third axle is really rare in swapbody configurations. It also changes the behaviour of reversing quite alot. Maybe make it optional for people who specifically want it. (sure you can change it in the defs, but not everyone is smart enough to do so lel)
Also big thanks for everything you do @Sebastian7870, couldn't enjoy the sim without your mods. :)
Sebastian7870

#79 Post by Sebastian7870 » 03 Nov 2021 13:59

@king1 Thank you for the feedback. I think I'll then change it in the next version. :)
[ external image ]
seth_haveron

#80 Post by seth_haveron » 03 Nov 2021 14:05

king1 wrote: 03 Nov 2021 13:39 As someone who drove these IRL for a while, it did feel kinda weird backing up the turntable trailer, but I always figured it's because we got 900 degrees steering, which is only half of what you have in real life.
But I tried it with "weight_distribution: semitrailer" and I gotta say, it feels way more realistic now. Thanks for the tip @Yukine.
For those who don't know where to change it, it's located in the trailer pack (\def\vehicle\trailer_owned\krone.boxcarrier\chassis\chassis.sii).

And it may be off-topic, but having a steerable third axle is really rare in swapbody configurations. It also changes the behaviour of reversing quite alot. Maybe make it optional for people who specifically want it. (sure you can change it in the defs, but not everyone is smart enough to do so lel)
Also big thanks for everything you do @Sebastian7870, couldn't enjoy the sim without your mods. :)

i have to disagree with the last bit.

i havent seen any swapbody chassie without a steerable axle so far.

and changing a line form true to false is nothing that get you a Nobel prize....
i dont care if you like my Opinion i shove it in your face anyway ....unlike you i have one.

Return to “Trailers”