[REL/WIP] Arnook's SCS Containers Skin Project (V4 + FIX - 1.37 & 1.36 - 20ft, 2x20ft, 40ft & 40ft reefer - 25/05/2020)

Arnook

[REL/WIP] Arnook's SCS Containers Skin Project (V4 + FIX - 1.37 & 1.36 - 20ft, 2x20ft, 40ft & 40ft reefer - 25/05/2020)

#1 Post by Arnook » 25 May 2019 08:46

Howdy people,

I thought, instead of talking about it for ages, why not make a thread !

As some of you may already know, I was getting sick and tired of the default SCS container skins, so I decided to make some, with correct codes, decals, details, etc.. .

Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image

Features :

- Full compatibility with the SCS, Krone & VAK V-Slider chassis configurations (HCT, B-Link, singles, doubles, flatbeds, etc... everything that uses 20ft, 2x20fts and/or 40fts)
- Available in the freight Market & for owned trailers
- The skin-selection is made randomly by the game (same system as SCS's original containers)
- All container variants in traffic
- Supports both default & custom dedicated cargos :
--> Default cargos : just use the same cargos as you usually do and the default skins will be replaced by mine
--> Dedicated cargos :search for "Box Container" OR "Reefer Container", depending on the type of container that you want

IMPORTANT NOTE :
" I have selected a reefer cargo but I got regular box containers, why is that ??"
ANSWER :
I had to make some compromises in order to make the reefers appear for default cargos.
The reefer container isn't actually used by the game, it's present in the defs but never used by any cargo ...
The 40ft reefer has been added for default reefer(ish) cargos : cauliflower, lamb meat, cod filet, etc...
BUT, I can't make those cargos available for only 1 type of container-chassis (here it would be 40ft), that means that if you use a 20ft or 2x20ft chassis, the reefer cargos (cauliflower, etc.) will still be available.

Therefore, to avoid having empty chassis, I added the 20ft and 2x20ft to those cargos as well. I know it's a little unrealistic since those aren't reefer containers but it's the best I can do to make sure you don't get empty chassis.

Game versions compatibility :
- V4 is compatible with ETS V1.37, V1.36 and 1.35 (tested on 1.36 & 1.37).

Included skins :

20ft corrugated sides : STATUS : 20/20
De Rijke, CAI, Triton, Hanjin, MOL, NOL, Maersk, Beacon, Safmarine, DHL, Cronos, IRISL, UASC, Evergreen, China Shipping, MACS Shipping, Nedlloyd, Matson, NYK Line, TS Lines (Dong Fang Lease)

Click on the thumbs below for a bigger look :

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

2x20ft corrugated sides : STATUS : 20/20
ONE x2, ContainerShips x2, FinnLines-Teamlines/Cronos & FinnLines, Maersk Sealand & SeaLand, Bay Lines & Balearia Cargo, Emirates Shipping Line & UASC, Hamburg Süd & Alianca, ACL & UES HK, Titan Containers x2, CCNI & Royal Arctic, PIL & OOCL, Nile Dutch & Swire Shipping, P&O Nedlloyd & Northland Shipping, HMM & CMA-CGM, ZIM & Linea Messina, MSC (Leased from GOLD) & Touax, Young Brothers & Matson, Nordana Line & NYK Logistics, Kramer Umzüge & Wan Hai, MOL & Capital Intermodal

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

40ft corrugated sides : STATUS : 20/20

Nile Dutch, Magellan, Seaco (HNA Group), Raffles Leasing, OOCL, Hapag LLoyd, Evergreen, ONE, Eimskip, Hyundai, APL, MSC, CARU, Finnlines (Cronos Lease), Hamburg Süd, Eucon, OPDR, COSCO, Yang Ming, Samskip

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image Image

40ft Reefers : STATUS : 20/20
Maersk Sealand, ONE, Grimaldi Group, ZIM, China Shipping, Cooltainer/K&N, Horizon Lines, CMA-CGM, CSAV/Beacon, Chiquita, TAL (50 Yrs), Hapag-Lloyd, Evergreen, Dole, Hamburg Süd, Hanjin, TS Lines/Triton, UASC, Seatrade/CAI, Seaboard Marine/Tex

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Tank containers -> In next versions

Credits :
Base containers : SCS
Templates & Multi-skin rework : MDModder & ModsStudio
Skins, defs & everything else : Arnook

Special Thanks to : MDModder for his help with the mapping & multi-look, Carl1992 for the all the help with codes, traffic,etc., NARS for the help with the default cargos, Niepa (<3) and Tristan for beta-testing

Changelog :

V4 - FIX : 25/05/2020
- Additional Fix added that resolves potential crashes on Kast's VAK chassis (the main V4 file is still needed)

V4 : 24/05/2020
- added 20 skins for the 2x20ft Corrugated side
- Updated cargo defs
- Added support for default SCS cargos for all container types (Freight Market + Owned trailers, thanks to NARS for his help)
- Added compatibility with Carl's B-Double & 1-Axle SCS Flatbeds
- Added all variants in traffic (thanks to Carl for his help !)
- Compatibility with ETS V1.37

V3 : 07/04/2020 :
- added 20 skins for the 40ft reefers
- updated cargo defs
- added missing companies froms all map DLCs

V2 : 08/03/2020 :
- added 20 skins for the 40ft Corrugated side
- updated cargo defs
- fixes on the 20ft skins
- Compatibility with the VAK V-Slider vy Kast (20ft + 40ft)

V1 - 24/02/2020 : 20 skins for the 20ft Corrugated containers (single)

IMPORTANT NOTE REGARDING LOAD ORDER :

PLEASE LOAD MY MOD AND THE FIX UNDER THE VAK FILES (If you use them) !!
Mod manager :

--Top--
VAK Files
Arnooks SCS Container Skinpack V4 - FIX
Arnooks SCS Container Skinpack V4
--Bottom--

Download links (For 1.37 & 1.36) :

DOWNLOAD - V4 (24/05/2020)
DOWNLOAD - ADDITIONAL FIX FOR V4 (25/05/2020)

Previous versions archive (for 1.36) :

DOWNLOAD - V3 (07/04/2020)

DOWNLOAD - V2 (08/03/2020)

DOWNLOAD - V1 (24/02/2020)

YOU CAN SHARE THIS MOD BUT KEEP THE ORIGINAL LINK !!!

Please report any bug in this topic, you can mention (@) me if necessary
Last edited by Arnook on 07 Jul 2020 19:38, edited 28 times in total.

xXCARL1992Xx

Re: [WIP] Arnook's SCS Containers Skin Project

#2 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 25 May 2019 08:57

there is a much easier way, and i takes advantage of the randomized cargo algorithm

you need to make the container skinable first, then you just add a look with the skin to it, write a new def that links to said looks and add it to the cargo for the 20ft container

i already worked on it since 1.35 beta started, but at first it only worked with fright market only but now it works for owned trailer also
| !!!NO SUPPORT OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Video Thread | Youtube Channel | World of Trucks Profil |

Arnook

#3 Post by Arnook » 25 May 2019 09:15

Well that looks great Carl , thanks for sharing that info ! :)

If you want, we can collaborate on this project as I don't fully understand how the whole cargo/looks system works, especially since i'm still on 1.34

xXCARL1992Xx

#4 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 25 May 2019 09:18

if you need help with the Def files i can provide it, isnt really that hard and the container dont have much cargo to begin with, but with the models i have all hand full with my own little mod already :lol:
| !!!NO SUPPORT OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Video Thread | Youtube Channel | World of Trucks Profil |

abasstreppas
Location: On an island outside another island, outside another island...

#5 Post by abasstreppas » 25 May 2019 09:31

Great guys, keep on workin' :P :D :D :D

Arnook

#6 Post by Arnook » 25 May 2019 10:34

Thanks abass

@Carl : i'll send you a PM ;)

TvKleunen

#7 Post by TvKleunen » 25 May 2019 14:05

awesome work mate! i was sick of the stock containers to, this might be a reason to start container driving for me again :mrgreen:
is it also working on the v slider by kast?

xXCARL1992Xx

#8 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 25 May 2019 14:10

kast has to reposition the cargo locator on his container trailers for it to work, for whatever reason SCS decided to turn the 20ft container model around

Arnook

#9 Post by Arnook » 26 May 2019 08:31

I presume it could work with Kast's V-Slider, but his mod might need some adjustments indeed as Carl said... We'll have to test that and see what we can do.

In the meantime, i've added the last 20ft skin to the thumbnails (UASC) and the first 40ft skin is ready. Pictures will come soon ;)

TvKleunen

#10 Post by TvKleunen » 26 May 2019 08:34

good to hear!!

Return to “Trailers”