realistic clutch physics for ETS2 and ATS

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
mho

Re: realistic clutch physics for ETS2 and ATS

#11 Post by mho » 04 Apr 2020 05:03

Hello @Leen Does it work for Automatic transmission ??
Leen

#12 Post by Leen » 04 Apr 2020 06:35

In my opinion yes but try it and let me know in this topic.
cosm1c gam3r

#13 Post by cosm1c gam3r » 06 Apr 2020 22:05

Is it change only range of clutch or does it do more?
I would like to see changes in how cluth works as for now it forgives almost anything. Rev matching is not needed at all. RPM needle drops instantly or while gear down it rises very saft and in those situations there is no reaction on speed and cabin physics.
I wonder if there is some parapeter regulating this?
In real vehicle if you not match REVs and for example would reduce gear from 3rd to 1st you would almost lock wheels and could lose controll over the vehicle as it is almost like applying brakes to hard.
In ETS2 it is totally ignored and I can make lots of mistakes with bad rev matching and this will not result even in damage on gearbox.

It would be great to have in game option yo have simplified gear box and realistic gearbox.
Max2712

#14 Post by Max2712 » 07 Apr 2020 09:13

Nice mod Leen, but could it be possible to let the RPM rise and drop a bit slower? For example making the flywheel heavier or something like that?
cosm1c gam3r

#15 Post by cosm1c gam3r » 07 Apr 2020 19:31

Max2712 wrote: 07 Apr 2020 09:13 Nice mod Leen, but could it be possible to let the RPM rise and drop a bit slower? For example making the flywheel heavier or something like that?
That is what I am also talking about. RPM gauge is adapting to fast like flywheel and clutch would be made out of rice!
It is not near relistic. It is very arcade approach.

I vote to make 2 options for transsmision. One default like it is now and simulation/realistic. So when we mismatch/fail at revmatching then it should damage a little bit our clutch. In game gearbox as it is all in one sadly.
Also we should see that if we mismatch rev matching then our cabin should dip if we had to low RPM for current speed while releasing clutch. All mistakes should slightly damage clutch (gearbox in game)
Richi Knight

#16 Post by Richi Knight » 14 May 2020 17:12

Hi Leen, thanks for your work. I have installed your MOD with higher priority than Knox Physics rework v6.1 but I have not seen any appreciable differences. I use the Scania R2012 from FreD, always in manual gear with clutch and maybe you can help me.
Thanks!!!
marvix

#17 Post by marvix » 03 Aug 2020 02:02

Does this mod have any effect on starting off the truck without having to step on the accelerator? Kinda silly how SCS has modeled the need to increase the rpms to get the truck moving as if it were a car...........
avenger

#18 Post by avenger » 26 Mar 2023 22:06

Even with a car, we can at least keep it from coming in reverse in a hill if we half hold the clutch. The game clutch simulation is... how did is survive like that for so long?.. hehe SCS welp!

Return to “Physics”