(The Definitive) Realistic Physics Mod v1.9 for ETS2 v1.7+

rayfighter

Re: (The Definitive) Realistic Physics Mod v1.9 for ETS2 v1.

#21 Post by rayfighter » 27 Oct 2013 06:58

Ah so it's not just me, thanks for your comments towards realism guys! :)

BTW, Cadde, when I played this game for a 1st time, I was positively surprised by their trick they did with roads length vs time lapse. I did some road I know very well from real world (not truck in my case, just normal car, Passat or A4), and when I got there, I was like "What? Omg those guys are genial in SCS, it really felt like doing 1000km, except it was not that boring as it is in real after few hours! Fantastic scale of distance and time! Just right! Wohoo I'm gonna love this game!" etc...

BUT! When I got there and got my money, I thought "Meh, haha, easy money, yay! Umm..wait...this way I am gonna get my 1st brand new truck in no time... eek, here I smell the setting for todays typical unpatient lil Timmy.." ..and I was about right. Economy is so easy set, that it almost destroys the feeling of that immense achievement and satisfaction when you are saying that sentence to the dealer: "Allright folks, I've made my decision. I am taking this beauty home with me!" :mrgreen:

As a sim racing fan I better won't comment on ETS physics anymore. For me this game is not just a game, it's the therapy.
Got bad day at work? Kids dissapointed you? Wife pissed you off? Have a ride from Wien to Paris, tune your fav radio station, and enjoy sunrise, summer shower rain, coffee and smoke at sunset over Austrian Alps, and summer night over France!

ohaha
Global moderator

#22 Post by ohaha » 27 Oct 2013 07:23

OK, boys, thank you for your thoughts, but it's time we get back on-topic.

Thank you, OP, for not throwing us out of here and thank you for sharing your work with us.

Now let's get serious! :)
ImageImage
ImageImage

nfshp253
Beta tester

#23 Post by nfshp253 » 27 Oct 2013 09:52

ohaha wrote:OK, boys, thank you for your thoughts, but it's time we get back on-topic.

Thank you, OP, for not throwing us out of here and thank you for sharing your work with us.

Now let's get serious! :)
Haha. I quite enjoy the debate!
Check out my Steam Workshop mods: Realistic HD Dashboards, ETS2 Softer Suspension Mod 4x2 6x2/6x4, ATS Very Soft Suspension Mod

ND4SPD Racer

#24 Post by ND4SPD Racer » 27 Oct 2013 10:33

nfshp253 wrote:Yes, that's a new retarder sound that I'm using. I can't release it though since it's an asset from another simulation game. I can PM you if you want it.

The chassis suspension has gone through at least 20 revisions since the first version and I personally think it isn't too soft but just right. You must take into account that in the demo, generous amounts of throttle and braking was used.
Did you use the retarder sound from the OMSI MAN SD202? It sounds exactly like that if I'm not wrong.

nfshp253
Beta tester

#25 Post by nfshp253 » 27 Oct 2013 13:39

As a matter of fact, yes. I've just lowered the volume by a bit. That is why I can't release it publicly.
Check out my Steam Workshop mods: Realistic HD Dashboards, ETS2 Softer Suspension Mod 4x2 6x2/6x4, ATS Very Soft Suspension Mod

woniu

#26 Post by woniu » 27 Oct 2013 21:52

Hi Oscar. Can I have your new retarder sound mod ? :) thanks

Zakopianczyk

#27 Post by Zakopianczyk » 09 Nov 2013 19:14

What can happen if I activate both files of this mod (6-8 axles and 4x2)? I mean I'm not sure which truck I will be using. When I take quick job then I can drive truck with 4 wheels, and sometimes I can drive truck with 6 wheels. Can you make mod that could have all in one, without incompatibility problems?

Cadde
Global moderator

#28 Post by Cadde » 09 Nov 2013 20:17

What would happen is that you would only get the effects of the 6-8 axles mod as that would be loading last.
So no crashes or anything but you wouldn't get to experience the differences between the two mods if you have both loaded at the same time.
ImageGreen text = Moderator action.
ImageWhite text = Opinions and general banter.
PEBCAK errors... PEBCAK errors everywhere! If my life had a log file, it would be filled with PEBCAK.

PravusObzen

#29 Post by PravusObzen » 28 Nov 2013 01:04

I remember you used to use the physics testing ground mod for demonstration purposes... Is there a way for me to get a copy of the testing grounds? I found a copy, but it doesnt work in v1.7....

a03345678

#30 Post by a03345678 » 19 Jan 2014 15:42

Sorry, and really sorry if i am wrong i don't have time to read your comments but my question is that there is only two files right?

8*4 and 6*2 some, and the second video it shows mercedes safety its not included with these files right.
My first and best map; that I am going on, is to build UAE, as it is with the same names with same cities.
Visit and give ideas or help:- viewtopic.php?f=32&t=127225
facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ets2uaemap

Return to “Physics”