This mission style should be implemented into ETS2/ATS

danbywinby

This mission style should be implemented into ETS2/ATS

#1 Post by danbywinby » 14 Aug 2017 21:30

I have decided to go back to this game after many years and have found it rather enjoyable to do challenges like the drivers licence, dangerous drives instead of always doing long drives.

I think it would be great to see something like this implemented somehow into ETS2/ATS possibly through world of trucks.
Reinhard

Re: This mission style should be implemented into ETS2/ATS

#2 Post by Reinhard » 14 Aug 2017 21:49

Excellent idea. Cries for a DLC. Integrated into the existing map, and making use of a new exclusive kind of job. The difficult and challenging maneuvers I really loved. The "racing" settings, not as much. And I think those wouldn't fit seamlessly into the ETS 2/ATS world, anyway.

While doing this, the Scania Truck Driving Simulator recording/replay function - but not only mission based, I think of a simple start/stop - should be revived and put into ETS2/ATS. People would love it. So much better than any outside camera. I never understood why this wasn't incorporated into the actual games. And this is from a person who never watches youtube cuts of the game.
LeafeonGold

#3 Post by LeafeonGold » 15 Aug 2017 06:20

I had a thought of "what if STDS was updated to where ETS2 sits with better models, and better physics", which could be branched off from that idea.

Imagine trying to back your Streamline with a set of double trailers in the closed road scenario. :lol:
"Don't try extra hard to make your presence known, but make sure your absence is noticed."

Intel I7-4790K |//| XFX Radeon RX 590 8GB |//| 16GB RAM |//| 1TB HDD​
Workshop |//| ATS Screens |//| ETS2 Screens
JUseeTV

#5 Post by JUseeTV » 15 Aug 2017 06:38

Mine is the yacht delivery (always liked to play Jesus on the water😂)
I am not giving any sort of support, requests or Q&A through private messages, such messages will be ignored. Please use the appropriate topics, they are there for a reason.
rookie31st

#6 Post by rookie31st » 15 Aug 2017 19:44

What about Paccar Truck Driving Simulator?
:)
Have a mature suggestion to improve American Truck Simulator? Fahgettaboudit!
KaliBF

#7 Post by KaliBF » 17 Nov 2017 16:04

As a truck driver with over 10 years experience I like the idea of this game. It familiarize the general public with the complexities of truck driving. People think it is so easy driving a big truck through city streets until they experience it for themselves. When I was a driver trainer I would always have my students drive the truck in downtown city traffic and then back into an old loading dock at the end of an alley. If someone is thinking of getting into truck driving I would highly recommend a game such as this to get your feet wet.
Last edited by ohaha on 17 Nov 2017 16:32, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Quote removed. Do not quote preceding message. Do not quote entire message.
The current build: CPU-Rayzen 7 1700,MB-Gigabyte GA-AB35- Gaming 3,RAM-DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 16 gb 3200 MHZ.
My development.Current in BETA
ariqs

#8 Post by ariqs » 30 Nov 2017 03:01

I agree as well. The newer games are brain dead and boring compared to this one. I have no idea why anyone likes to play the newer ones. It's mind numbing.
erkinalp

#9 Post by erkinalp » 31 Dec 2017 20:03

ETS2 had already branched off of STDS 1.3.
kendrick69

#10 Post by kendrick69 » 07 Jan 2018 21:32

After a one year break, I have recently come back to playing it too. I really like the idea of implementing the challenges you mentioned. It would make the game more interesting, especially for people like me who have had a break for a while.

Return to “SCANIA Truck Driving Simulator”