AI at Traffic Lights

celestra

Re: AI at Traffic Lights

#11 Post by celestra » 06 Jan 2013 00:15

The AI in general is terrible .

Either horrendously slow when turning or no idea of the rules of the road .

Often if something happens the AI will just sit there forever and the only way to get past the mess is to exit the game and restart it up .

To be honest i would be really scared if i had to drive anywhere near whoever programmed the game in real life if this is their idea of good AI and it being realistic . I would be expecting them to crash into me everywhere and then try and make me pay for them causing an accident

I read a blog early in the process of them making this game and they said they had got people working full time programming the AI to make it realistic . I am afraid i have to say they failed badly .

Michal
Site admin

#12 Post by Michal » 08 Jan 2013 09:47

Herbaceous wrote:I had an AI bug yesterday, while doing a very high pay-out job, long distance.

I went through the main inner lane of a toll-booth and was accelerating along nicely, when a car on the inside lane (give-way lane) decided it was okay to change into my lane while my trailer was next to him.

I checked my mirrors to see this stupid car scraping along my delivery load. It caused 20% damage to my trailer as it rocked my rig.

It made no attempt to stop at the give-way section of its lane and flowed straight into my lane. Clearly a bug on toll-booths, as this doesn't usually happen at other give-way junctions.

The downer is that it penalized my delivery payout on a 71,000 Euro job and the nearest auto-save I had was. ironically, a few seconds after the crash, and about 10 minutes prior.
BUGS: view.php?id=9259
QA: view.php?id=1554

JasonRain

#13 Post by JasonRain » 28 Feb 2013 09:09

Think about what would happen in real life if you crash into the car in front, at a traffic light?

helifino

#14 Post by helifino » 01 Jul 2020 00:40

Herbaceous wrote:
05 Jan 2013 08:14
It made no attempt to stop at the give-way section of its lane and flowed straight into my lane. Clearly a bug on toll-booths, as this doesn't usually happen at other give-way junctions.
I have had the same issue at toll plazas.

Return to “Bugs”