Dysfunctional traffic light at road (Geneva-Dijon) construction [NOT A BUG]

Thorium Flakk Inc.

Dysfunctional traffic light at road (Geneva-Dijon) construction [NOT A BUG]

#1 Post by Thorium Flakk Inc. » 22 Nov 2020 12:49

I'd grab coords, but as I've posted elsewhere, I can't seem to open the bug report tool with (shift+)F11... so I'm reporting this way.

On the road between Geneva's TREE-ET and Dijon, there's a persistent construction work (not a temporary event). The traffic lights there, in both directions, flash yellow in function of green signal, suggesting it's off. So you think it's off, but it's not, you drive through and it fines you because it just turned red a split second before you pass it. And also it's flashing yellow in the position where green should be. Actual flashing yellow (warning) should be the middle one anyway.

Edit: not a bug, see below.
Attachments
20201122134220_1.jpg
20201122133755_1.jpg
Last edited by Thorium Flakk Inc. on 24 Nov 2020 00:18, edited 1 time in total.
KrysEmlyn

Re: Dysfunctional traffic light at road (Geneva-Dijon) construction

#2 Post by KrysEmlyn » 22 Nov 2020 20:55

The French roadwork temporary signals display a flashing yellow light instead of a green light when it is safe to proceed.
This is intentional as that is the French standard operation for these signals and photos online confirm this.
The French roadwork temporary signals will display a solid yellow just before the red light like any other signal, though.
If you are getting a fine when it is your direction's turn to proceed, then something is wrong.
mel85
Beta tester

#3 Post by mel85 » 23 Nov 2020 08:00

KrysEmlyn is right, in France, for roadworks we have :
- orange blinking (on the bottom light) when we can move forward
- orange fixed (on the middle light) to say that the light will turn to red
- red light (on the top light) when we have to stop

To complete it, if the traffic lights are disabled, there is an orange blinking light on the middle light.
Thorium Flakk Inc.

#4 Post by Thorium Flakk Inc. » 23 Nov 2020 09:59

Gah, I see. I knew driving through France felt too good too be true, there had to be a price to pay. There it is, totally insane roadwork signalization :)

Thanks for explaining this, and I'll just revisit that part to check again if actually turns solid yellow before red. I could swear it doesn't, but then again yellow lights in this game are so short, chances are there's no difference from blinking... Got fined twice, near Geneva and up near Calais, there's another such situation.
Thorium Flakk Inc.

Re: Dysfunctional traffic light at road (Geneva-Dijon) construction [NOT A BUG]

#5 Post by Thorium Flakk Inc. » 24 Nov 2020 00:19

Welp, I was wrong. It does indeed switch to the middle light, holds yellow and then switches to red. But that's so short and barely noticeable... I got fined four times today..... Yep. So I guess this is not a bug, sorry for the noise.
avensis18

Re: Dysfunctional traffic light at road (Geneva-Dijon) construction [NOT A BUG]

#6 Post by avensis18 » 06 Dec 2020 17:55

Hi, thanks for sharing i also thought it was a bug.

Return to “Bugs 1.39”