Congratulations SCS !

nicklasmp

Congratulations SCS !

#1 Post by nicklasmp » 07 Jan 2013 11:39

Congratulations for steam greenlight approval ! :D

Now this game will get even more publicity.
Zakxaev68

Re: Congratulations SCS !

#2 Post by Zakxaev68 » 07 Jan 2013 13:13

Yeah, congratulations to SCS Software for the success. :)
Hard truckin' on the virtual roads since 2002...

The Big Rig Rock is under indefinite hiatus!
celestra

#3 Post by celestra » 07 Jan 2013 17:57

I cannot understand the fascination with steam . i HAVE to use it to install a few games but if i had the option i would never use it as it is a pain to use and constantly wanting you to go online and update pointless extras .

Also for those who are unaware it sets it by default so that if you reinstall you then have to relog through steam you cannot just reinstall the games , and if you have changed your isp during that time it takes weeks to get them to authorise the changes to allow you to access steam again
maxter

#4 Post by maxter » 11 Jan 2013 23:48

Yes indeed well done SCS. Really good to see.
Docco

#5 Post by Docco » 12 Jan 2013 09:42

celestra wrote:I cannot understand the fascination with steam . i HAVE to use it to install a few games but if i had the option i would never use it as it is a pain to use and constantly wanting you to go online and update pointless extras .

Also for those who are unaware it sets it by default so that if you reinstall you then have to relog through steam you cannot just reinstall the games , and if you have changed your isp during that time it takes weeks to get them to authorise the changes to allow you to access steam again
Lol? Could you explain this further?

Since as far as I know, having used Steam since 2005;

1.) Updates are usually pretty painless, and if they're huge hours-long downloads that is not Steam's fault, they're a middle-man, blame the developers for having so much that has to be patched.

2.) I've reinstalled plenty of times, I've switched computers, switched ISP, moved house, moved country, I've never had to undergo any kind of "authorization" process. It sounds like you have done something wrong.

So yeah, elaboration please?
[PTG]Chef_uk

#6 Post by [PTG]Chef_uk » 18 Jan 2013 22:29

At the beginning Steam was woeful but that was many years ago. Now, they are the best at what they do and are expanding to new levels far beyond game content management.

As long as your account details are up to date and your not using an email address from your ISP (which you would lose when you switch thus making authorisation harder ;)), It won't cause you any problems.

I've reauthorised my account dozens of time over the last 24 months. Always instant and pain free.
Stronghold

#7 Post by Stronghold » 19 Jan 2013 00:37

Well as i post this it is the top seller on steam :)

Great job guys and girls

Return to “General discussion about the game”