Trailer and cargo masses.

flotob842

Re: Trailer and cargo masses.

#121 Post by flotob842 » 02 Jun 2021 15:53

Steve Pitts wrote: 01 Jun 2021 17:11 By my calculations there are two variants of lowbed (but none of the lowboy) - scs.lowbed.single_41_ln.long and scs.lowbed.single_5_ln.long - on which you can load the loco. I'm not in a position to fire up the game and check that just at the moment, but the numbers suggest it should be possible.
First thanks for your answer, but I'm not talking about the lowbed trailer as you mentioned. I mean the lowloader, which can transport the transformer. There I only find the 2 ax, 2ax ext, the 4ax, 4 ax ext and the 4_2 ax + ext in the def files. The 1+4 ax exists but has only the short body. An extended version 4_1 ext is missing to be able to transport the loco.

Kind regards

Flo
GT182

#122 Post by GT182 » 11 Jun 2021 14:38

Actually SCS should be giving loads where the truck, with fuel, should only total 80,000 GVW. And yes, fuel is figured in with GVWR. Less fuel means you can haul more product in the load. Many times I'd start out with only half of my total fuel capacity. Anything over that needs an overweight permit. If caught at the scales one pound over 80,000 lbs you get a ticket if there's no permit. That's the way it is in the USA. Been there done that many times over the years hauling freight and produce. You load and scale your rig before leaving for the trip. If it totals more than 80,000 you take off some of what your hauling to get legal.

Also moving the trailer tandems and 5th wheel will help distribute the load for each axle's weight limit...... 12,000, 34,000, and 34,000 for a 5 axle rig.
Found here if you want to look at it. And for each State to. https://www.bing.com/search?q=axle+weig ... 7e575e20c9
Gary - CB code name: CW
Formerly from Northern NY on the Ontario/Quebec borders.
I've hauled ass down the road to deliver new cars and trucks, fuel, freight, and produce. Now I'm addicted to ATS doing the same thing in a simulation. :roll:
vmfrlt

#123 Post by vmfrlt » 15 Jun 2021 08:47

In ETS2, HCT is only allowed in Finland. Will HCT be updated to be allowed in the Netherlands and Spain in the future?

It is quite interesting to see a 4x2 Tractor towing an 8-Axle double trailer.
My PC Specification
  • Motherboard: ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Extreme
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen™ 7 1800X
  • VGA: Gigabyte AORUS GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti Xtreme Edition 11G
  • RAM: G.SKILL TridentZ RGB F4-3200C14Q-32GTZR (8G x 4)
Fenway

#124 Post by Fenway » 15 Jun 2021 10:46

Don't expect it to be added in the Netherlands soon. The first tests on public roads seem to be cancelled because of safety concerns. Especially the so called first and last mile on smaller roads are considered to be to complex. Authorities see the following 8 risks:
The following risks for fellow road users are greater at the SEC than at the LHV:

overtaking the SEC on single carriageways,
the covering of exits and entrances on the motorway,
the extra space required in bends,
maneuvers at exits and entrances to breakdown ports
the same with parking lots,
the additional space required by the overall described orbit of the SEC in various situations,
the lateral movement of the SEC in crosswinds,
a bend to the right in the vicinity of cyclists and moped riders (blind spot and too little residual space).
According to this dutch article
https://www.ttm.nl/materieel/lzv/super- ... op/137427/
scaniadriver01

#125 Post by scaniadriver01 » 16 Jun 2021 07:54

Fenway wrote: 15 Jun 2021 10:46 Don't expect it to be added in the Netherlands soon. The first tests on public roads seem to be cancelled because of safety concerns. Especially the so called first and last mile on smaller roads are considered to be to complex. Authorities see the following 8 risks:
The following risks for fellow road users are greater at the SEC than at the LHV:

overtaking the SEC on single carriageways,
the covering of exits and entrances on the motorway,
the extra space required in bends,
maneuvers at exits and entrances to breakdown ports
the same with parking lots,
the additional space required by the overall described orbit of the SEC in various situations,
the lateral movement of the SEC in crosswinds,
a bend to the right in the vicinity of cyclists and moped riders (blind spot and too little residual space).
According to this dutch article
https://www.ttm.nl/materieel/lzv/super- ... op/137427/
In the netherlands we are only allowed to have double trailers on highways, assigned B roads and industrial ereas.. anywhere else we need to split up the trailers.. and extra space in bends is false... as most companies will use the steered axle option on the doll and trailer to make the turn tighter
If i come to an innersection wity 2 lanes going right IRL i block the 2 lanes if the turn is tight.. same goes for if you have a B-double or htc

About parkingspots.. they are overcrowded with a normall truck. Expect the same with anything larger.. so the best place to rest is at your destination or industrial area...
Fenway

#126 Post by Fenway » 16 Jun 2021 09:18

@scaniadriver01
I was only quoting the article, saying we won't have any (what they call over here) Super Eco Combi's on the road soon. The 25,25 m combinations are pretty common nowadays like you say (i even aproved some routes for them in the past). So what is currently in game seems quite realistic to me.

About the mentioned risks, i was just quoting the findings traffic safety researchers. They can be a bit conservative on these things in my experience.
scaniadriver01

#127 Post by scaniadriver01 » 16 Jun 2021 09:44

Fenway wrote: 16 Jun 2021 09:18 @scaniadriver01
I was only quoting the article, saying we won't have any (what they call over here) Super Eco Combi's on the road soon. The 25,25 m combinations are pretty common nowadays like you say (i even aproved some routes for them in the past). So what is currently in game seems quite realistic to me.

About the mentioned risks, i was just quoting the findings traffic safety researchers. They can be a bit conservative on these things in my experience.
I know.. no worries there.. some articals are usually made people who dont have the experience about the item they are writing about.. like news or other stories..
Like people saying trucks have a longer braking distance when they are longer.. thats b*llsh*t.. they got more axles on the ground so they have the same braking force and distance as a normall truck and they are redicioulessly close to a normall car..
MagicMikey

#128 Post by MagicMikey » 18 Jul 2021 08:12

vmfrlt wrote: 15 Jun 2021 08:47
In ETS2, HCT is only allowed in Finland. Will HCT be updated to be allowed in the Netherlands and Spain in the future?

It is quite interesting to see a 4x2 Tractor towing an 8-Axle double trailer.
Also, isnt HCT also legally in Sweden ?
Or atlest semi-legal ?
I know i read about a 30m and 80+ ton - loggintrucks in the northern parts of sweden.
And also that DB Schenker has a couple of 32meters DUO-trailers (double semi trailers.)

Im sure someone will correct me if im wrong. ;)

/Mike.
dahaka

#129 Post by dahaka » 27 Jul 2021 08:54

I saw an HCT in Sweden, on my way to stockholm about 2 years ago. So they definitely drive around with them.
j7n

#130 Post by j7n » 21 Oct 2021 15:52

The new shiny Pressure Tank is now 12 tons instead of 22 tons as it used to be. It is kinda small, so probably shouldn't have been as heavy.

Return to “General discussion about the game”