Euro Truck Simulator 2 on Windows 10

jellowiggler

Re: Euro Truck Simulator 2 on Windows 10

#231 Post by jellowiggler » 05 Jul 2017 17:06

Leen wrote:
28 May 2017 06:59
I had upgrade from win7 64 bit to win10 64 bit and as I said I have played ETS2 on time on win10 but the next day it won't launch anymore, I have tried everything.
Other 64bit games where working properly on win10 except ETS2, so I giving it up to searching for solutions because nothing was making ETS2 launch after one time.
This post is a bit old, but I thought I'd answer correctly for searches.

I have seen this happen on my computer and other's computers when overlay software is interfering. For me it was MSI Afterburner running a slightly older copy of riva tuner server. Once I updated to the latest version is was fine. It was quite a mystery why the 64 bit wasn't working, but the 32 bit was fine. Bad overlay.

Leen

#232 Post by Leen » 09 Jul 2017 08:14

Thanks, I will give it another try.
Iedere maf rijd in een DAF

vulchor

#233 Post by vulchor » 06 Aug 2017 04:49

Just wanted to say that I've been unable to solve the problem of the Steam overlay not appearing in DirectX mode of 64bit ETS2 and ATS in Windows 10 Pro x64. It works fine in Windows 7, it works fine in Windows 10 Pro x64 in ETS2 32bit DirectX, ETS2 and ATS OpenGL 64-bit, but never DirectX 64-bit. I have no overlay software like FRAPS installed at all, no monitoring software either, no plugins, and have disabled Windows 10 Game Mode. I've done a full, clean reinstall of my graphics card drivers (nVidia GTX 980 Ti). It may have to do with me being on the Windows Insider Program (slow lane). If that's the case and this doesn't get resolved, everyone with Windows 10 may have issues with this as soon as the build I'm using gets pushed to everyone. Lets hope that's not the case.

Applejack

#234 Post by Applejack » 07 Aug 2017 01:21

Yeah, RivaTuner's Statistics Server hates the Steam overlay. In its options, ticking Custom Direct3D Support to ON usually gets it working. I too had the weird overlay issues with 64 bit DirectX until trying that.

wolf_1992

#235 Post by wolf_1992 » 11 Aug 2017 04:39

Well im seem to have a problem well sort off im driving different trucks but the engine sounds different on all of them i do have pro mods installed whether that has anything to do with it i dont know but its weird has the game changed at alll or is it just me

vulchor

#236 Post by vulchor » 11 Aug 2017 10:02

Applejack wrote:
07 Aug 2017 01:21
Yeah, RivaTuner's Statistics Server hates the Steam overlay. In its options, ticking Custom Direct3D Support to ON usually gets it working. I too had the weird overlay issues with 64 bit DirectX until trying that.
I don't think I have RivaTuner installed, unless it comes with GeForce Experience.

cipinho

#237 Post by cipinho » 11 Aug 2017 10:06

RivaTuner is coming with MSI Afterburner and shows GPU/CPU/RAM readings while playing. I use it and do not interfere with anything else in my game, I am on Windows 10 but without Creators update.
Enjoy driving with Real Traffic Density v2.2

EricF

#238 Post by EricF » 17 Aug 2017 14:45

I don't know exactly what's wrong with RivaTuner versus Windows 10, but it's gotten to be a bit of a pain here and there. Not only can it have annoying issues with the Steam Overlay, it can also stop some self-contained Java-based applications from launching, like the "Minion" add-on manager for WOW and ESO. Unfortunately, RTSS was required to save and automatically launch advanced fan management and overclocking settings controlled through MSI Afterburner for my graphics card. I had to quit Afterburner and then re-launch it to run anything that it interfered with. And it kept up its bad behavior through several updates. If you don't need RTSS, it's better to disable it or not install it. (Afterburner runs fine without it if you don't need the functions it supports, which is fine if you run your graphics card at stock settings and just use Afterburner for monitoring and information.) It's just a shame because Afterburner/RTSS are great tools for managing even non-MSI cards.

I eventually ducked the problem when I changed video cards on a planned upgrade. The new card is an EVGA FTW-series card, and it needs EVGA's own PrecisionXOC software to access some of the card's features. I prefer Afterburner's interface, but at least now I have a good monitoring and OC utility without relying on RTSS.

Reinhard

#239 Post by Reinhard » 17 Aug 2017 14:57

Just for reference: Riva Tuner also can provoke problems with ALT-TABing out of the game. I once had severe problems when I wanted to interrupt the game and reach the desktop. Sometimes it was simply not possible. Took me a while to grasp that this was only happening when Riva Tuner was running.

Since then I haven't used this program anymore. But as this a good while ago, I'm not sure if that was with Windows 10 - or 8.1.

Return to “General discussion about game”