ETS2 John - Your buddy for ETS2 and ATS

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Koen

ETS2 John - Your buddy for ETS2 and ATS

#1 Post by Koen » 16 Nov 2015 23:01

Good day,

This topic will be the home of ETS2 John, a collection of tools to enhance the ETS2 and ATS driving experience.
These tools will unlikely be mods, but more external programs that read game data and act on that.
You'll need ETS2 Telemetry Server to use these tools.
It will be one set of ETS2 John, but they can be used independently.

Anyway, let us get to the tools themselves.

The first one:
Your butler: http://www.mediafire.com/download/b2dym ... John+2.zip
Together with either VoiceBot or VoiceAttack (or some other program), you can use this to create your own Siri.
My own config for VoiceAttack is included, together with a readme and a program called "ETS2 John terminal", that takes a parameter and speaks a message combined with game data.

Enough text, a video: (My voice cannot be recorded by two applications at the same time, but image me talking :P) The second one:
A variation of the default skin for ETS2 Telemetry Server. When you're speeding, it starts flashing red and beeping (sound does not always work on mobile devices).
http://www.mediafire.com/download/4o7l7 ... d_beep.zip I'm more than happy to take suggestions. If you want John to learn more sentences or something, please let me know. ;)
Last edited by Koen on 04 Mar 2016 19:21, edited 2 times in total.
Axel Slingerland

Re: ETS2 John - Extra functions for ETS2

#2 Post by Axel Slingerland » 17 Nov 2015 05:07

Interesting choice of names. Do you mind if ask why you chose "ETS2 John"?
[ external image ]

Boycott YouTube for Blocking Ad Blockers
Araripe

#3 Post by Araripe » 17 Nov 2015 07:54

Nice! I am also curious about the name :lol:
R0adrunner

#4 Post by R0adrunner » 17 Nov 2015 08:11

That's an interesting idea. Especially the "speed-beep" makes perfect sense to me. Can we use the ETS2 Telemetry server Mobile Dashboard at the same time with your mod?
I've never done that before, so I'm sure I can do it (Långstrump, Pippi)
Hard Times in Scandinavia a.k.a. HTiS (story and pics)
Movin' on - my ATS adventures
My WoT page
SimulatorSam

#5 Post by SimulatorSam » 17 Nov 2015 18:40

Great job! :shock:
mkoch227

#6 Post by mkoch227 » 17 Nov 2015 21:26

R0adrunner wrote:Can we use the ETS2 Telemetry server Mobile Dashboard at the same time with your mod?
I'm (obviously) not the author of this, but I don't see why not. The telemetry server is designed to listen to multiple devices at a time, so I would be very surprised if it cannot handle multiple clients.
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#7 Post by Mohegan13 » 18 Nov 2015 09:24

Going by the replies, I see I am not the only one thinking the OP wanted toilets in ETS2.
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.
dadragon84

#8 Post by dadragon84 » 19 Nov 2015 21:22

I have made something similar to this almost 2 months ago except mine says "YOU ARE OVER THE SPEED LIMIT"
if anyone wants to download it goto www.seahaventrucking.com/downloads the source code is included in the download
Axel Slingerland

#9 Post by Axel Slingerland » 20 Nov 2015 07:44

Moh1336 wrote:Going by the replies, I see I am not the only one thinking the OP wanted toilets in ETS2.
I wasn't, because there are toilets in ETS2. Look near the Recruiters Offices and Construction sites. I was thinking about something else. Think about it, you'll figure it out... [ external image ]
[ external image ]

Boycott YouTube for Blocking Ad Blockers
Koen

#10 Post by Koen » 20 Nov 2015 20:08

Sorry for the relatively late response... I expected some kind of messages when the post got accepted, but perhaps I've just become lazy :lol:
Axel Slingerland wrote:Interesting choice of names. Do you mind if ask why you chose "ETS2 John"?
Well, I knew somebody would ask :lol:

The quick version:
In rFactor, my spotter is named John (default name)...

Then I created a voice control system for ETS2 (using VoiceAttack).
I created it like Siri, ie. first having to say "Siri" before saying any commands. Well, he became John. :P

Then I created this little program, and was thinking of a name. Since my voice control was already called John, I figured: "Why not call this app ETS2 John?"

So, that's why ETS2 John is called ETS2 John
R0adrunner wrote:That's an interesting idea. Especially the "speed-beep" makes perfect sense to me. Can we use the ETS2 Telemetry server Mobile Dashboard at the same time with your mod?
Yes. Basically, the way ETS2 Telemetry Server works is that it outputs a lot of data. Every app can then use that data. That means that you could (in theory) use a million apps simultaneously with ETS2 Telemetry Server ;)
(And in practice: I use both at the same time as well)

Return to “Others”