ETS2/ATS Fleet Monitoring System

airbus_sai

Re: ETS2/ATS Fleet Monitoring System

#21 Post by airbus_sai » 01 Aug 2016 16:05

You're welcome. :)
"Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of squirrels."
- J. Robert Oppenheimer, when asked about Trinity tests, as heard in Lost Years song.
airbus_sai

#22 Post by airbus_sai » 02 Aug 2016 19:49

Funny note: If you drive a 4x2 truck, and then change it to 6x2/4, game lowers the fuel value, and it counts as a legit fuel consumption in the app. And technically - it is! You bought fuel and then... wasted it. I'm divided on whether I should fix that or not.
- J. Robert Oppenheimer, when asked about Trinity tests, as heard in Lost Years song.
Tarso
Beta tester

#23 Post by Tarso » 02 Aug 2016 19:59

So you should try to have less then the MAX for the 6x2/4 tank in the 6x2 bigger tank and make the same truck change, if no change happens there is no change needed
nIGhT-SoN

#24 Post by nIGhT-SoN » 02 Aug 2016 20:44

You can look at it this way, if you change from 4x2 to 6x2/4 you pay for the last one less since you "sell" the extra fuel too. So you could change it to show exactly what fuel is truly consumed while driving.
airbus_sai

#25 Post by airbus_sai » 02 Aug 2016 22:20

So I tested, and changing the chassis back from 6x4 gives you fuel, looks like it's based on percentage of fuel in the fuel tank. So (1) - if you ever need to fill up and fuel is expensive, get a 6x4 filled and translate it into 4x2, and (2) - I'll fix that and add to the next patch. It messes up recent statistics.
FalloutH4kk4

#26 Post by FalloutH4kk4 » 04 Aug 2016 22:16

Hey, I hope you can help me.

I have absolutely no idea how to get this to work. I downloaded it, started the Telemetry Web Server, started the app, started the game, connected the app with the correct and I drove some quick jobs and when I open index.html it shows me nothing besides the header. I use Google Chrome with activated JavaScript. The App shows Time and Scale so this works. After driving I saved several times but still nothing. Edit: I noticed, that it somehow works on Firefox but not on Chrome because of the fact that local files cant be displayed in Chrome (which is just a big Christmas tree). And it also doesnt work with Microsoft Edge. The Problem is that Chrome, Edge and so on dont allow cross requests which is why the json-data doesnt get displayed. It works with Firefox but since I dont use Firefox it is a bit of a shame that I cant use that.
Last edited by ohaha on 01 Oct 2016 18:26, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Let's keep it civilized.
airbus_sai

#27 Post by airbus_sai » 05 Aug 2016 07:16

Hi! Well, that's unfortunate... I don't use anything but firefox. I guess it's time for me to install all of them.

---

If all goes well, tomorrow evening I'll invite you all to a special alpha test. Stay tuned. ;)
airbus_sai

#28 Post by airbus_sai » 05 Aug 2016 08:29

New Version!

What's new:
- Fixed issue with changing chassis configuration. It should not count subtracted or added fuel in statistics.
- Changed default interval to 3 seconds to provide more reliable data.
- Added temporary solution for browsers with XSS-filter. Details below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/46juqrfxwrxwz ... 3.zip?dl=0

---

In this release, you'll find a second exe file, as well as the source code of it. It is an http-server, it will serve files from current directory to 8080 port. After launch, it will display any served request in a console window. You can access your data by opening http://localhost:8080 while the server is working.
FalloutH4kk4

#29 Post by FalloutH4kk4 » 05 Aug 2016 09:03

Thank you for that solution :)
nIGhT-SoN

#30 Post by nIGhT-SoN » 05 Aug 2016 10:13

Right now you need to separate the server from the client, meaning there should be an app that can connect the plugin telemetry .dll file to a specific online server. Right now the server has to be local, I'm talking about telemetry server.

Here is a graph I've made to make it more clear:
[ external image ]

Right now your app connect to a local server which is connected to the telemetry dll file and then your app creates a telemetry file that's saved local where another server read it. In simple words it would be nice to have just one app that you have to run on the client (PC that's running the game) and send the file to an online server when pressing save or do it automatically without pressing any buttons. I don't know which one of them is possible, but maybe using a ftp connection with a folder on a server.

Return to “General discussion about the game”