Fuel Issues and performance.

Wamjo96

Fuel Issues and performance.

#1 Post by Wamjo96 » 13 Oct 2016 09:17

I just want to know if there is a way I can make the trucks push much more fuel into the engine to match the real life amounts. I'm basing this on the fact that the more fuel pushed in the engine the more power output.

I'm asking this because for all the credit that SCS deserves they failed to get the engine performance parameters right for all trucks in the game. I mean we haul only 25 tonnes and at that I don't believe we have any hill with a % exceeding 13%> in the game, so I don't think it is right that I'll get to a hill in the game and the speed drops from 90Kph to under 20Kph in a truck like an R730. It's simply unreal. If a 730 drops to 20Kph then a 420 is not meant to get up such a hill.

There are videos from Norway where a guy is accelerating up an 11% with 50T up to 46Kph with ease in a 730! In the game with 25t I guarantee you can't exceed 25Kph on an 11% in the game. It leaves me wondering why it's such topics that SCS ignores the most.
https://youtu.be/GF7GLi_xD0Y This person was hauling >50T on a hill I presume to be around 13%-15% but he never got below 30Kph, only happened when he changed gear.
https://youtu.be/h2Nl8NbS8vc Same truck 50t 11% gradient, managed to accelerate to 45Kph

The other thing is you always have to go full throttle to accelerate at a stable speed, If you go 75% on the throttle youll just be trying to maintain speed not gain speed, yet to maintain same speed on a flat road surface you need about 30% of throttle.

Another disturbing fact, an AI truck lets say an Iveco with a trailer loaded can pick speed quicker than me in an R730 from lets say a toll both OR in extremely disturbing circumstances overtake take you on a hill you're struggling to get over with 20t in an R730! Doubt stuff happens that way IRL.
Max
SCS Software

Re: Fuel Issues and performance.

#2 Post by Max » 13 Oct 2016 22:01

main issue of map scale is that hills are much steeper that they are in real world.
the most steep hills in map is over 17 degrees (yes, degrees not percent !! 17deg = 30.6%). typical highway exit has between 5-9 degrees (8.7%-15.8%, that is near limit for long haul trucks).

camera fov in game is good if you want to see dashboard and mirrors at once but its not too real so spatial perception is at least problematic. if you try to keep zoom on for a while and try to drive you will perceive distances and sizes much better as its closer to real fov.

yes, there are known issues with engine output, but they are elsewhere.
Nobody can tell you anything about it. Those who know about it aren't allowed to talk. And those who talk know nothing.
Wamjo96

#3 Post by Wamjo96 » 16 Oct 2016 07:05

Then that poses the question, how are AI trucks able to overtake me in an FH750 with a load of 20t when struggling at 30kph or less? Note that these trucks are in most cases renaults, ivecos, daf's, and at times having pulled the trailer they are pulling at that particular moment, I can predict the weight so at times they're heavier but still overtake me in the most powerful truck.
They even pick speed faster than my truck (R730 or FH750) from standing starts, how? can't happen irl

If there is an issue with the engines please rectify it ASAP. Thanks
Max
SCS Software

#4 Post by Max » 17 Oct 2016 19:11

ai trucks are not fully simulated. there is simplified formula that takes into consideration their engine power, vehicle gross weight and actual hill steepness. it was calibrated to reach similar behavior as player's truck, IIRC. but i can check that once more.
Nobody can tell you anything about it. Those who know about it aren't allowed to talk. And those who talk know nothing.
Wamjo96

#5 Post by Wamjo96 » 21 Oct 2016 08:07

Well it would annoy when a person driving a Prius overtook you in a Bugatti, wouldn't it? I mean I get so pissed everytime I can't accelerate faster than a lower spec AI truck :(
SiSL
SCS Software

#6 Post by SiSL » 21 Oct 2016 08:25

No, it would annoy more when you can actually take the ramp but AI in front of you can't...
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#7 Post by Mohegan13 » 21 Oct 2016 09:27

I've seen a Prius overtake a Ferrari 458 IRL.

I was with my dad when he overtook a Lamborghini in his Suzuki Alto... TBH the Lambo driver didn't seem to fussed at all. :P
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.
natvander
SCS Software

#8 Post by natvander » 21 Oct 2016 12:11

I've overtaken plenty of sports cars (Porsche, Audi, even a Ferrari) in a Scania. I've even done it in an early 1980s International. Mind you, they were either doing the speed limit or were stationary at traffic lights. I was neither. :D
Never argue with idiots. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Return to “General discussion about the game”