Are you willing to pay for a upgrade of the base map?

How much are you willing to pay?

0 - not interested
4%
0 - I think we shouldn't have to pay
16%
Less than £5
6%
£5 -£10
15%
£10 - £15
25%
£15 - £20
34%

Total votes: 225

Moh1336
Beta tester

Re: Are you willing to pay for a upgrade of the base map?

#81 Post by Moh1336 » 13 Aug 2017 08:09

Stuferus wrote:
13 Aug 2017 01:48
stop the ets3 discussion.. there will be no ets3..
Pavel Sebor himself has said they plan to support ETS2 for five more years. That was February 2016, so that means we're just over 3.25 years away from finding out if ETS2 will continue or be replaced with ETS3. No one (important) has ever said ETS3 will not happen. Just that it won't happen yet.

It will really come down to what is best business wise. An ETS3 offers SCS far more good points than bad, right off the bat it means they can do what they have wanted to do for some time, completely ditch legacy (retail) versions and 32bit support.

The whole of the old base map can be rebuilt, which they can charge for, they can incorporate all the options they need to to allow future DLC to DLC dependency by-passes.

The downside would be trucks. Would they be able to renegotiate all the licenses? Scania and DAF would be easy, but the others might not be and there is a huge risk that we could lose the older models as well.

Fortunately SCS use their own engine, so they have options. The question isn't whether ETS3 will/won't happen, it's which option is the most profitable long term and I don't think any of us on the outside can even begin to cover all the possibilities to reach such a decision.
My Blog/Mod page: http://ijsmods.wordpress.com
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.

Rhythmosaur

#82 Post by Rhythmosaur » 13 Aug 2017 08:54

ThunderSky wrote:
13 Aug 2017 06:45
This no make sense..

Not all of us have 1000€ every month to spend.
And just to pay again the same thing, no make sense.
Let me put it that way:
Some time ago you bought a shirt depicting your favourite band. Though it was very basic at the time, you liked and bought it.

Now SCS comes up with another shirt depicting the band, but it's an all over print and with symbols of past albums. if you want it, you gotta pay once more, right? Because it's not "the same thing".

If your car comes out with a more comfortable interior (or your truck), you have to pay too in case you want these extras, right?

Hardware and software do chance constantly over the years, and SCS now takes advantage of the fact that our PCs can take more stress, calculate faster and have more sophisticated ways of dealing with code. To adapt the program costs additional man hours, man hours that SCS employees get payed for, every single month, feed their families with and pay their taxes from. But you don't see why you should pay? I'm sorry, you gotta be kidding.

I am very low on money, so don't tell me about not having much to spend. I really think SCS is still pretty damn generous.

Oh, and by the way: Promods also takes advantage of new DLC assets, so you won't get around buying DLCs one way or another unless you are satisfied with an older version of ETS2 and Promods and so don't upgrade. Steam gives you that opportunity.
Rhythmosaur Cargo - Experienced since the invention of the wheel
The Hannah Smith Foundation - Teens help teens

DanRO

#83 Post by DanRO » 13 Aug 2017 09:17

^Bad analogy with the car,you have the choice of choosing the extras when buying your car, you can only customize it afterwards using aftermarket parts (mods)

CARL1992

#84 Post by CARL1992 » 13 Aug 2017 09:21

^
yes and you have to pay extra for it, so the analogy is valid

for the extra interior(lether or alcantara) you have to pay extra money
Last edited by CARL1992 on 13 Aug 2017 09:25, edited 1 time in total.
Xbox 360 (CARL1992) ; Xbox One (CARL1992) ; PC (Windows 10)
Intel Core i5 6600K - Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming SLI - Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Ultra Gaming - 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4-3000
Samsung Evo 850 SSD (250GB) - Western Digital Blue WD10JPVX (1TB)

ThunderSky

#85 Post by ThunderSky » 13 Aug 2017 09:22

Rhythmosaur wrote:
13 Aug 2017 08:54

Let me put it that way:
Some time ago you bought a shirt depicting your favourite band. Though it was very basic at the time, you liked and bought it.

Now SCS comes up with another shirt depicting the band, but it's an all over print and with symbols of past albums. if you want it, you gotta pay once more, right? Because it's not "the same thing".
In that way, you have 2 shirt, 2 things you can dress with.
In that way, you just speaking about a New ETS, so.. ETS3? World Truck Simulator? Whatever would be the name..
If you have to pay the new map as a DLC or Not, you can't play with ets2 if you have the dlc / remastered version. If a new ets is realease, you can play with them both.
Cadde wrote:
14 Nov 2016 16:27
Actually no. MP is a mod. Plenty of people bought ETS 2 for Promods. That doesn't mean SCS have to make considerations for Promods when they plan or release DLC.
Scandinavia DLC made Promods Scandinavia pretty much moot.

Sure, SCS were working closely with the Promods team when building Scandinavia but that's more because SCS can appreciate quality content when they see it.
MP is not such content. SCS have assisted the team behind ETS 2 MP / Truckers MP to help them get rolling. But in no way does that mean SCS are bound to their mod project for all future.
Rhythmosaur wrote:
I am very low on money, so don't tell me about not having much to spend. I really think SCS is still pretty damn generous.
The consideration that SCS should make to Promods, truckersmp and other modders, is much higher than you can think.

As i sayd many times: SCS gain from daily banned kids from multiplayer that buy many keys. TruckersMP down forever? ProMods down forever? Jazzicat and other modders stop making mods? In that day, you can forgot 20€ Scandinavia and say "Hello" to 40€ Scandinavia DLC.

That's my opinion, a day, if modders will stop, we will see if i was right.. I really hope that never happen.

EDIT:
A good example is American Truck Simulator:
1 week: 10000 players;
2 week's later: no one is playing it anymore.

Community Hub
ETS2: 16.000 In-Game; 5.000 TruckersMP and 11.000 single player (8.000 minimum with promods / other maps mod surely)
ATS: 1.862 In-Game; 200 TruckersMP and 1662 single player.
Last edited by ThunderSky on 13 Aug 2017 09:38, edited 3 times in total.

DanRO

#86 Post by DanRO » 13 Aug 2017 09:23

CARL1992 wrote:
13 Aug 2017 09:21
DanRO wrote:
13 Aug 2017 09:17
^Bad analogy with the car,you have the choice of choosing the extras when buying your car, you can only customize it afterwards using aftermarket parts (mods)
yes and you have to pay extra for it, so the analogy is valid

for the extra interior(lether or alcantara) you have to pay extra money
Yes,but you had the options to buy extras from the moment you bought the car, not after

Moh1336
Beta tester

#87 Post by Moh1336 » 13 Aug 2017 09:31

For DanRO's sake, drop the car analogy and go with PC upgrading.

PC upgrades are optional, they get better all the time, but if you want to improve your PC it's gonna cost ya.

DLC is optional, they offer better content (debatable for some), but if you want it to improve your experience you're gonna have to pay for it.

Rhythmosaur wrote:
Oh, and by the way: Promods also takes advantage of new DLC assets, so you won't get around buying DLCs one way or another unless you are satisfied with an older version of ETS2 and Promods and so don't upgrade. Steam gives you that opportunity.
It's entirely possible that the next update (1.29) will drop temporary branch 1.17 (Scandinavia DLC update) so people would literally have to play in offline mode all the time. Unless SCS decide to keep that branch. If I am honest, I think SCS are really generous with the amount of "old branches" they keep alive. I would be tempted to drop it to only the last 5.
My Blog/Mod page: http://ijsmods.wordpress.com
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.

Rhythmosaur

#88 Post by Rhythmosaur » 13 Aug 2017 09:39

Modders are a welcomed and intended part of ETS and ATS. I bet SCS counted on them, in quite a clever way. Modders helped to overcome limitations in the early stages of ETS, for example when they didn't have brand licenses, modders provided the brand names for the trucks and so on. It is an intended and working mix of both; a major aspect that makes the Sim so exciting and long time motivating. SCS actually encourage(d) what we do by giving us tools and tutorials, and by making the relevant code available and processable by us. But after all, they still need to make profit to survive. Compared to other software brands, you really can't accuse them to be greedy and/or unmindful of what their fans want. So if they go to work, let'em be payed. It's as simple as that. It is not like as soon as a game is released and all bugs are fixed, they just spend their office day by sitting around, drinking Vodka and counting the money.
Rhythmosaur Cargo - Experienced since the invention of the wheel
The Hannah Smith Foundation - Teens help teens

JUseeTV

#89 Post by JUseeTV » 13 Aug 2017 09:40

When I read through all posts in this topic a idea came to my mind: Why not upgrading part by part of the base map for example they start in the west of Germany and the west of the UK and then with the next or the after next patch for example the north of Germany/UK and so on but I also would pay about 20€ for an upgrade of the basemap because as said before German is from GTS times with minor improvments and with the standards from now it would be worth to pay for it.
ETS2 Version 1.28(Steam) ProMods 2.18 -Going East, Scandinavia, Vive la France
Driver @ PWT Thermo Laakdal and going to Sweden for JP. VIS & ZN.
Links:

Flickr
My screenshotgallery

ThunderSky

#90 Post by ThunderSky » 13 Aug 2017 09:41

Moh1336 wrote:
13 Aug 2017 09:31
It's entirely possible that the next update (1.29) will drop temporary branch 1.17 (Scandinavia DLC update) so people would literally have to play in offline mode all the time. Unless SCS decide to keep that branch. If I am honest, I think SCS are really generous with the amount of "old branches" they keep alive. I would be tempted to drop it to only the last 5.
Can you explane me why offline mode only?

Return to “General discussion about game”