euro coach sim spoiler

TwinShadow

Re: euro coach sim spoiler

#11 Post by TwinShadow » 18 May 2017 07:08

It's partly to do with the fact it'd be something different to drive. So, instead of driving a truck, one could drive a bus to ferry passengers around for a bit. It gives a bit of a different feeling to the game basically.

But currently, I still think SCS shelved it temporarily for now so they can figure out the logistics of how to implement it in the first place, among other things. Much like they shelved double trailers for ETS2 until just recently when they announced it out of the blue.
johnporter29

#12 Post by johnporter29 » 18 May 2017 08:27

+1 to TwinShadow's post, it would be something different to drive.

And there are a lot of bus "spotters" out there who dote on coaches and buses and there isn't a coach sim out there that is anything as close to ETS 2 in terms of quality of playability and looks.

Fernbus is utter crap.
OMSI 2 is bug ridden.
johnporter29
Owner/Player of Euro Truck Simulator 2 & it's American brother!
PC: i9 9900K, 32GB RAM, RTX2070, 1TB M.2 (NVMe) SSD, 512GB SSD, Seagate 2TB, MSI 34" Curved 100MHz 1440p Monitor
Verloc

#13 Post by Verloc » 19 May 2017 17:31

@pigbrother

I think it boils down to how much a given player views ETS2 as a game game versus a simulation game.

Those who view ETS2 mainly as a game, care about things they would normally care about in an RPG, shooter or any other "gamey" genre: progression, challenge, instant gratification, achievements etc. From this point of view, it makes sense to only care about going bigger, faster and to be upset by things like the self steering wheels on the heavy trailers making the game "less challenging".

From a sim gamer perspective, the goal is an authentic experience. A new vehicle is judged by how accurate is the model, the physics, how detailed is the simulation, and most importantly how much is one interested in that vehicle. Some sim players like to drive big, others small, some like show trucks others drive factory standard. From this point of view, if someone is interested in coaches, it doesn't matter whether it's less challenging to drive than a different vehicle or not.

Sometimes these two views align, for example in the case of tighter parking spots added after ATS. Other times it doesn't: a sim player won't be barrelling down the highway shoulder twice the allowed speed, just to make things more "challenging", while the game-y player might be less than enthusiastic about closely following the rules of the road.

If you want to see this in action, just visit the MP forum. The game-y players want to wreck havoc, race on highways, ram other players, while the sim players want to play seriously,- observe the rules of the road, wait for each other to dock at the destination, etc., - kind of like a VATSIM for trucks.
EricF

#14 Post by EricF » 20 May 2017 00:13

Coaches would give a different twist on the familiar ETS environment. The bus stations are present in various cities, and have their own challenges for maneuvering in and out of. Bus speed limits are generally higher than for trucks -- which makes a difference in how you drive on the highways and roads. A bus route or job would have its own schedule to adhere to. It's just another way to enjoy the ETS world.
System Specs for Beta and performance comparisons:
Ryzen 9 5900x - 32GB RAM - NVMe SSD - RTX2080 Super - 3440x1440 Ultrawide - TrackIR - T248 Wheel/Pedals
IonutL

#15 Post by IonutL » 20 May 2017 09:42

ETS2 has already quite a large and detailed map, which is definitely gonna be expanded and/or remodeled, so why SCS shouldn't profit from this huge asset they have build? They have nothing to lose in the end.
pigbrother

#16 Post by pigbrother » 20 May 2017 12:48

Actually, maybe this Euro Coach DLC could be the perfect opportunity to update the old map. I'm guessing those coaches will be used not only for scheduled routes, but also for charters, so we need more scenic routes. Update Germany and Benelux, refresh a bit Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia and Hungary, slap a 25€ price and we have a nice big update.
I have approximate knowledge of many things
husni_1210

#17 Post by husni_1210 » 29 Jun 2017 07:30

what is this? i found this (spoiler again) in my save data (game.sii) i think euro coach sim still alive.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]
SiSL
SCS Software

#18 Post by SiSL » 29 Jun 2017 07:41

It's a long lasting subject because there are still countries that their primary intercity transportation is coaches instead of high speed trains, which becomes huge part of their daily lives. However I don't really find a point of asking it from a truck simulation game.

Return to “General discussion about the game”