Who founded the SCS company?

MandelSoft
Beta tester

Re: Who founded the SCS company?

#41 Post by MandelSoft » 10 Jun 2017 10:39

Actually, adults can learn new languages, but the methods they use are vastly different than how children approach it. I have learned Dutch and English in my childhood, German for four years from when I was 14 and I've learned Swedish as an adult and I'm now busy studying Czech, which is vastly different in structure than all other languages I mentioned before. In childhood you learn by repetition and immitation, whereas an adult is more capable to see the structure of a language, but your previous knowledge of languages can get in the way of learning new concepts or exceptions to a rule.

In conclusion, adults learn languages differently simply because they know more how they work, and that's both a blessing and a hindrance.
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#42 Post by Mohegan13 » 10 Jun 2017 10:53

It the proceeding words sounds start with a vowel or an initialism with a letter that sounds like a vowel use 'an'. :P

@mandelsoft In adulthood I have chosen to learn Swedish and Japanese (using Rosetta Stone), I also decided to brush up on my French (since i haven't used it in 16yrs). In high-school I was in the top 3% for French, what I wasn't prepared for was that I would find it harder to do that than the two languages I've never had any previous experience with.
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.
Wolfi
Beta tester

#43 Post by Wolfi » 10 Jun 2017 11:17

Centrino2 wrote: 09 Jun 2017 23:30erhmm okay.... so can Polish people speak good Polish or do they screw it up too?
Polish people have no issues whatsoever in speaking their main, base language properly. They only have issues in writting it without grammar errors, since Polish is generally simple in spoken language but has tons of strange grammar rules. (mostly post-German remains)
Additionally some parts of Poland have a speciffic dialect, but even then they are able to easilly communicate. (even though the southern dialect is quite extreme)
Aaaaand, for the record, Polish is not the only official language spoken in Poland, there's also (and I'll probably spell it wrong) the Kaszebszczi language which used to be very common in the north-western part of Poland, now it's more of a "grandparents' language", however it's still official and taught at schools. Although it's quite drastically differrent from Polish, so you may require a translator :P (Though nowadays most people who speak Kaszebszczi speak Polish aswell)
MandelSoft wrote: 10 Jun 2017 10:39 Actually, adults can learn new languages, but the methods they use are vastly different than how children approach it.
Yes and no. It actually depends on how the brain memorises and stores the info. In most cases, you are right, adults learn differrently, since they try to memorise the language and it's rules. Some people however associate words with pictures, objects (usually more creative people with good spacial imagination) and those learn languages the same way throughout their whole life. (although they are less efficien when getting older, since brain usually gets slower with age)
The smallest details always make the biggest difference.
SiSL
SCS Software

#44 Post by SiSL » 10 Jun 2017 11:22

It's about generic education system those countries have about their language. Also about general reading ratio of the folk.

In Turkey, people don't read books and suck at education system. They can't even read or speak their own language properly. Just because others understand them on their daily lives but in internet, they don't even understand what they are reading. So it comes to a general laziness...
AlexO231

#45 Post by AlexO231 » 10 Jun 2017 12:44

I learned English from my mother (now it's dead), but when i haved 12 years old (now: I have 30 years) i knowed almost perfectly to speak english. :), but I struggle to learn German.

The language from parents are incomparable along from school, Parents learn us to speak the basic language, but school, teached us the extended part of language, so, the parents are the best teachers in the world, althought, when i haved 5 years old, i speaked Romanian like I haved nails in my mouth.

Return to “General discussion about the game”