time critical deliveries?

pe2dave

time critical deliveries?

#1 Post by pe2dave » 08 Sep 2017 10:23

I've just failed to deliver 2 loads marked as 'urgent' - curious if my allowing rests for the driver is what is taking the time?
No diverging, reasonable speeds.

Can such deliveries be done in the allotted time (with rests?)
Fenway

Re: time critical deliveries?

#2 Post by Fenway » 08 Sep 2017 10:28

You should be fine delivering those within the given time. Just make sure you have rested before taking the job, so you don't have to rest during the job.

And when a job takes longer than you're allowed to drive the game will calculate rest time in the time you get to deliver.
xXCARL1992Xx

#3 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 08 Sep 2017 10:41

you can look up how much time you have till delivery (standard should be F6 key) so if you sleep (10hr) it will be subtract from the time

so if you have 12h left to deliver the cargo but you need 2 1/2h to get there AND you need to rest, then you cant make the job in time

before you take such a job you have to look ho much time you have left until next rest or you drive over your time and risk fines
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Steve Pitts

#4 Post by Steve Pitts » 07 Oct 2017 19:27

The game generally factors in the sleep time that you'll need even for urgent deliveries and I've not yet come across one that I could not complete. Are you using any mods??
Cheers, Steve
WESAYSO Dev. Corp.

#5 Post by WESAYSO Dev. Corp. » 07 Oct 2017 19:50

i never do them anymore, why bother...they almost always screw you with accidents...but there is a mod out there (steam workshop) that delays the delivery time with 10h i think, good luck.
Why are all those cars crashing into my truck ? Hey, i told them diesel would kill them ! :lol:

ETS-player sinds nov. 2014 and still my favorite game ever !
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#6 Post by Mohegan13 » 07 Oct 2017 19:55

The only real issue with these types of deliveries is silly people who don't look at how many driving hours they have left vs how long the job gives you.

3hrs to sleep, 5hrs to complete job... Yeah don't take that job then. :|
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.
flight50

#7 Post by flight50 » 08 Oct 2017 18:20

I loved them. When you are maxed out on everything, you get way more experience points and you can level faster. As stated, you need to always be aware of the hrs you have remaining before resting. In ET2, note that you have less on road time than in ATS. If you need a rest in anything under 4-5 hrs, I would avoid it. But gauge how long it will take to make the delivery with the rest you need before accepting the job. Safestest bet is to rest up and fuel up after every long haul.

Return to “General discussion about the game”