What is the purpouse of HDR?

Bocaj

What is the purpouse of HDR?

#1 Post by Bocaj » 12 Sep 2017 16:22

Hey fellow truckers :)

Recently i have been obsessed with fan noise of my gpu, and i try and keep as much as silent (yes abit silly i know but still) so i have played with many settings over time, and yesterday i tried turn the HDR off, and i reduced the noise a bit in some parts of the map where it use to rev up normally, but my question: what does HDR accutually do or add, because i can not really tell any differences?
ETS2 + Going East DLC + Scandinavia DLC + France DLC + alot of xtra DLC's
ATS + New Mexico DLC + xtra DLC's

TarsoMagno
Beta tester

Re: What is the purpouse of HDR?

#2 Post by TarsoMagno » 12 Sep 2017 16:45

HDR in a simple way balance the brightness between darker and bright areas on the screen, it is a feature that demands more processing power, this explain why your GPU chilled a bit with it turned off.

HDR works combining images with more and less brightness of the same frame and take the best composition of them to make the entire image more clear and uniform.

The odd part of disabling is you will need to fine tune the brightness manually for your taste and even doing this sometimes you will find some "too bright" or "too dark" areas on the image.

In case you want to explore more what's HDR: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-dyna ... ge_imaging

Bocaj

Re: What is the purpouse of HDR?

#3 Post by Bocaj » 12 Sep 2017 18:56

okay thank you for your answer, so i can see that i dont miss anything from HDR so i will leave this off from now on :)
ETS2 + Going East DLC + Scandinavia DLC + France DLC + alot of xtra DLC's
ATS + New Mexico DLC + xtra DLC's

Return to “General discussion about game”