Poll: Which area should SCS add to ETS2 after Iberia?

Which area should SCS add to ETS2 next?

Western Balkan (Croatia, Serbia, B+H, Albania, Slovenia, Macedonia, Montenegro, Kosovo, Greece)
45%
Further East (Ukraine, Belarus, Moldova)
8%
More of Turkey
6%
Expand Scandinavia
20%
More of Russia
6%
Ireland
11%
Iceland
1%
(Parts of) North Africa
2%

Total votes: 966

Shiva

Re: Poll: Which area should SCS add to ETS2 after Iberia?

#1201 Post by Shiva » 04 Aug 2020 13:24

jackalnxt, I have been close to change my vote from Western Balkans to more of Scandiavia, more than a few times.
Road to Moscow, is a possibility too, after Iberia.
We'll have to see what comes next.
Ukraine, that I think might take a while before it gets released.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
fra_ba

#1202 Post by fra_ba » 07 Aug 2020 09:09

I actually changed my vote from Western Balkans to Further East, Belarus, Moldova and Western Ukraine (Chernihiv, Kyiv, Odessa and everything west of theirs)!
CarbonGTGaming

#1203 Post by CarbonGTGaming » 07 Aug 2020 13:06

I would love to see more Scandinavia expand right up to the border of Finland thus connecting Scandinavia DLC to Beyond the Baltic Sea DLC by Road
flight50

#1204 Post by flight50 » 07 Aug 2020 16:21

I am definitely on board for further East. It sets up road to Moscow. I am not sure if its easier for ETS2 to stop getting such large map expansions to perhaps get two smaller maps a year like ATS. Or if its just customary to keep doing bundled large dlc's. Baltics was pretty big. Then came Balkans and it was the largest content pack dlc. Now Iberia will take those reigns. These large maps takes a ton of time and the size has been getting larger and larger. Now Iberia is perhaps in jeopardy of a release this year just like Colorado. The current world issues may have cause a slight delay in progress for our standard Winter map releases. I really wonder if the devs have considered down sizing for the future. Perhaps like Belarus and Ireland. Or even breaking up the West Balkans into two and Ireland.
Some newbie driver

#1205 Post by Some newbie driver » 07 Aug 2020 17:16

Well @flight50, Balkans wasn't the biggest DLC (by road length, the better comparison possible we have). That's maybe the reason some people from that zone missed roads that are reported to be important part of the road network (truck wise). It's simply that RttBS has less road content so it's "easier" that something was left out. But the detail level was a lot higher than previous DLC, and I suppose that consumed a lot of manpower even if less roads kilometers were depicted.

If Iberia keeps the detail level (it seems so, so far, and it would be strange for SCS to step back) and if it has even the GE road density (and we could expect more, almost sure), it would be by far the biggest DLC. I don't think they pretend to repeat often releases of that size. It's just that the European geography doesn't give them so much room to do it different. Probably Texas in ATS will be the only other so big in a looong time; and even so, they would had not to deal with 16+ "countries" in a single shot as they are doing now. I don't think that's something they would like to repeat often. :mrgreen:

Regards
flight50

#1206 Post by flight50 » 07 Aug 2020 18:09

I am going by what SCS said. SCS is the ones that said the Balkans was their largest dlc to date. Its not about the roads km, it about the total amount of content in the dlc across the board. Meaning roads, mapped cities, unmapped cities, assets, props, vegetation, etc.
harishw8r

#1207 Post by harishw8r » 07 Aug 2020 18:54

Downsizing is a good idea, releasing two dlcs per year is also welcome, at least that's something they could do with the Western Balkans and possibly Ireland, Iceland.

But atleast two dlcs definitely need a year time.
*Ukraine. It's large, almost the size of Texas, so grouping Belarus and Moldova along with it might not be the best idea. Ukraine and Moldova together is possible, which leaves Belarus to the semi-annual dlc club.
*Rest of Finland and Scandinavia.

Once the above mentioned locations are done, they could move to Russia and maybe Turkey.
plykkegaard

#1208 Post by plykkegaard » 07 Aug 2020 19:05

Scandinavia and implement the prospect of the new norwegian west coastal super highway, E39

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
flight50

#1209 Post by flight50 » 07 Aug 2020 23:50

Gesh. I guess I didn't realize how large Texas was. For some reason, I always looked at Ukraine as ginormous. But I just overlaid Texas on it and its not as big as I thought. https://thetruesize.com/#?borders=1~!MT ... NjkzNzU)MA. Most people always compare Texas and France. Texas over all is larger but France is still more compact. There are roads everywhere.

So yeah, Ukraine and Moldova could come together. Belarus would give Going East something new so I'd rather see it first. At least Romania is new off the see. Ukraine could wait a bit longer. Belarus add more space to the Baltic region. So Belarus and more of Russia would be cool.
Komen

#1210 Post by Komen » 08 Aug 2020 01:01

After Iberia releases it would be better if SCS release an Ireland DLC along with UK reworks in 2021 before they move into doing other parts of mainland Europe. Other than that a Western Balkan DLC or Further East DLC is defiantly a map DLC I would like to see in the upcoming future aswell and if they end up doing one of those areas next year then I'm fine with that.
Last edited by Komen on 08 Aug 2020 01:08, edited 1 time in total.
ETS2 map that I'm working on a time to time basis
https://www.google.com/mymaps/viewer?mi ... WbhJ&hl=en

Return to “General discussion about the game”