Poll: Which area should SCS add to ETS2 after Iberia?

Which area should SCS add to ETS2 next?

Western Balkan (Croatia, Serbia, B+H, Albania, Slovenia, Macedonia, Montenegro, Kosovo, Greece)
45%
Further East (Ukraine, Belarus, Moldova)
8%
More of Turkey
7%
Expand Scandinavia
20%
More of Russia
6%
Ireland
10%
Iceland
1%
(Parts of) North Africa
2%

Total votes: 909

rip_c_bennington

Re: Poll: Which area should SCS add to ETS2 after Iberia?

#1501 Post by rip_c_bennington » 27 Nov 2020 03:08

xXCARL1992Xx wrote:
23 Nov 2020 20:27
why not just rename it to Eurasia Truck Simulator, done, Europe itself is just a political continent, the plate we are on is actually Eurasia

would just be bring legal issue with it depending on how strict the license is tied
Why not Afro-Eurasia or Eurafrasia truck simulator?

Some newbie driver

#1502 Post by Some newbie driver » 27 Nov 2020 15:37

I've a better name: We_map_what_we_want Truck Simulator. :mrgreen:

natjer3

#1503 Post by natjer3 » 28 Nov 2020 22:00

I think, if SCS steps out of what is politically known as 'Europe' they would most probably rename the game, unless there would be these licensing problems.

plinio.lisboa.br

#1504 Post by plinio.lisboa.br » 28 Nov 2020 23:31

All continents are political the geological or tectonic details are mere details which is the reality.
sincerely after the map of Europe is completed, I would very much like to see other projects continue, for example; Africa Truck Simulator, Asia Truck Simulator, would be very interesting.
I wish that at this moment there was a DLC the first, in which the Trucker could pass the Ural Mountains and at the same time pass the Bosphorus Strait, the Ural River, crossing the bridges and tunnels that exist in Istanbul.
It would be very interesting and the project.
Then it would go on; Middle East, Central Asia, Asian Russia, and other places would be very interesting and would also have a lot of sales, but that's just my thinking.

krmarci

#1505 Post by krmarci » 29 Nov 2020 08:49

There are two factors when considering Asia:
1. Licensing problems: a new game has to get new truck licenses to have trucks (as far as we know). From this perspective, continuing ETS2 would be better.
2. Demographic problems: most of the Asian market is in India and China, the Far East. It would take a lot of time developing low-population areas to be able to connect the ETS2 map to India and China, while the interest for these areas from either the European or the East Asian market is uncertain. From this perspective, it would be better to start a new game in the Far East.

+1. China is very restrictive about its map policies, and many of the connecting areas are war zones. Researching these parts would be a nightmare for SCS.

dahaka

#1506 Post by dahaka » 29 Nov 2020 14:39

The far east is totally different when it comes to trucks, so those areas don't really belong in ETS2. The whole of Russia could come, since they use euro trucks. Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Iran and the middle east, and the coastal north African countries all use euro trucks.

China, India, Japan and the multiple small countries around them use different trucks, Chinese/Japanese etc. So they would probably need their own game.
Also, trans-saharan trips are pretty much nonexistent nowadays, as far as I know, and I'm not even sure which route you'd had to take. Back 30-40 years ago they used to drive from europe to Sudan, but I haven't heard anything about sub-saharan destinations in the last 5 years I work as a driver.

xXCARL1992Xx

#1507 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 29 Nov 2020 14:41

China, India and Japan also use European trucks, maybe not all makes but they still use them, European made trucks are sold almost everywhere on the world with Australia being the big exception of having bot European and US styled ones officially sold there
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |

harishw8r

#1508 Post by harishw8r » 29 Nov 2020 15:34

It's rare to find a Volvo or a Scania in India and its surrounding countries. So are trucks with a trailer. There are some flatbeds and they are used to carry containers too. Old gen Volvo FH and Scania G are used as pullers. Apart from that, it's all rigid, and are mostly indigenous brands like Ashok Leyland, Tata, Eicher, and also Daimler's BharatBenz.

Another major thing in these countries is that most of the trucks have custom-built cabs, and that's another industry by itself. So adding India to ETS2 would be a bad idea.
:idea: Paint everything black!
Screenshots thread: ETS2 | ATS
Personal blog

dsf.fernando

#1509 Post by dsf.fernando » 30 Nov 2020 22:54

oldmanclippy wrote:
24 Nov 2020 16:10

Throughout 2023: base map rebuilds (UK)
Late 2023: Ireland DLC, priced like ATS maps

Throughout 2024: base map rebuilds (Switzerland/Austria/Czechia)
Late 2024: Iceland + Northern Fennoscandia part 1 (Iceland could come independent of Fennoscandia, but more releases means more testing overhead, and there will be plenty of testing overhead taken up by base map rebuilds so I don't expect ETS2 to switch to 2 paid DLC's per year, whereas ATS has much less need for rebuilds so they can handle it better)

Unpopular prediction: UK will be reworked as soon as possible, Ireland will come as free content then. Iceland won't ever be featured.
Polytechnic of Leiria - Portugal - Undergraduate in Games and Multimedia - Year 2 (para a tristeza dos bacanos)
#AddLeiria to the Iberia DLC

Some newbie driver

#1510 Post by Some newbie driver » 30 Nov 2020 23:07

Ireland isn't coming for free, not at all. Ireland has size and potential content more than enough to deserve a DLC, specially if paired wit the parts of UK still not mapped (most parts of Wales and north Scotland). Maybe not a whole year DLC as we are used, but for sure an ATS-sized one.

And it's not a question of popularity, it's a question that SCS isn't a charity organization.

Return to “General discussion about the game”