Poll: Which area should SCS add to ETS2 after Iberia?

Which area should SCS add to ETS2 next?

Western Balkan (Croatia, Serbia, B+H, Albania, Slovenia, Macedonia, Montenegro, Kosovo, Greece)
45%
Further East (Ukraine, Belarus, Moldova)
8%
More of Turkey
6%
Expand Scandinavia
20%
More of Russia
6%
Ireland
11%
Iceland
1%
(Parts of) North Africa
2%

Total votes: 966

doktorpixel14

Poll: Which area should SCS add to ETS2 after Iberia?

#1 Post by doktorpixel14 » 13 Nov 2017 21:15

Since we have this nice thread about which state people want to see next for ATS, I was wondering what area you want SCS to focus on next for ETS2. After the release of Road to the Black Sea they were pretty quick with announcing Iberia this year, so what do you expect or wish to come after it?
Last edited by doktorpixel14 on 22 Dec 2019 19:18, edited 15 times in total.
I talked to Pavel - don't have questions anymore ... 8-)

Admin of the Truck Simulator Wiki and translator, as well as part of the FSG 1:1 map team

Interactive ETS2 wiki map with cities, ferry lines and achievements
Tirol

Re: Poll: Which area should SCS add to ETS2 after Italy?

#2 Post by Tirol » 13 Nov 2017 21:22

I my opinion the rebuild of old base map areas has highest priority over new maps.

The old maps are simply unworthy in comparison with the new ones.
KINGPINN

#3 Post by KINGPINN » 13 Nov 2017 21:36

Personally, I would prefer that SCS focus on upgrading the game to a more current version of Direct X. Then what Tirol has suggested.
xXCARL1992Xx

#4 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 13 Nov 2017 21:37

mappers and asset guys have nothing to do with programming the engine

so why should they concentrate on DX11 implementation ?
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Tirol

#5 Post by Tirol » 13 Nov 2017 21:44

KINGPINN wrote: 13 Nov 2017 21:36 current version of Direct X.
Presumably it will be Vulcan instead of Direct X, because Vulcan is multiplatform and ETS is a multiplatform game.
xXCARL1992Xx

#6 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 13 Nov 2017 21:47

it will be both DX for Windows and Vulcan for Linux and macOS
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
KINGPINN

#7 Post by KINGPINN » 13 Nov 2017 22:13

Whichever is better, I'm not an expert in the subject from what I have read, this type of upgrade could provide better framerates among many other benefits.

All I meant was that more resources could be put toward this aspect of the game instead of map upgrades in the immediate future, because upgrading to Vulcan or whatever could bring more options to the map and asset devs to use when upgrading the rest of the map.
flight50

#8 Post by flight50 » 13 Nov 2017 23:06

doktorpixel14 wrote: 13 Nov 2017 21:15 Since we have this nice thread about which state people want to see next for ATS, I was wondering what area you want SCS to focus on next for ETS2. It won't take that much time anymore until Italia is out, so I'm ready for some speculations (or whistleblowers of SCS team ;) )
I started up the ATS "which state next" and I assumed there was one already over here in ETS2, lol. I am shocked to see it was just started honestly. I don't come on this side of the forum much but my curiosity got the best of me. Although I am more fond of ATS ( I am from the US) ETS2 has been good to me from Feb to Nov as SCS worked on NM as I stay away. I have gotten around ETS2 pretty decently I would say. I definitely had to rely on gps with out a doubt. I once had a Italy mod map loaded and thought it was pretty cool but removed it once I found out SCS was finally getting to it. SCS quality would be so much better as it was the first map mod I have ever tried. But I won't be using them again. Person preference so I will just wait on SCS. It will be a nice addition to have a SCS quality Italy. Anyways, the next addition to ETS2 that I would like to see is Spain and Portugal. France was a great dlc. I figure finishing out that area would be ideal. There will be two more updated dlc's bordering each other with will beef up that whole part of the map. France and Spain are two of the larger countries in Europe so getting them out the way considering they share borders would be cool. So my vote went to the Iberian Peninsula.

I am sure this thread will generate a lot more than the ATS one I started for there are more players in ETS2 than ATS currently. But hopefully, SCS will take both in consideration for what players would like to see next. Granted that SCS perhaps already has the next area in mind, this poll will help push them in a direction the fans would like to see. That was the intend when I made the ATS one. Let see how SCS plans things out.

I didn't choose to rebuild the old map because SCS stated that they plan to do that when they have a second team for ETS2. For now, the map is doable so I would push ahead and expand the map.
angrybirdseller

#9 Post by angrybirdseller » 14 Nov 2017 01:33

Like to see rebuild of Germany and Austria, but as paid DLC with new assets and interchanges. If it free rebuild likely just to remove dangerous intersections and no new assets like similar to ATS one. Spain and Portugal is acceptable too, but Eastern Europe not interested unless it's Russia so have space to roam.

Map team can hold off expanding the ETS2 map rebuild Germany and Austria, then rebuild UK with Ireland added.
MANTGX

#10 Post by MANTGX » 14 Nov 2017 01:38

I voted for the Iberian Peninsula why am I from there, I would also like them to reconstruct the original map, especially Germany, Austria and the United Kingdom (the latter on the same scale as the rest of Europe if possible, because the times are not the same). These are maps that were built in 2010, and since then these areas have hardly been modernized, remaining very obsolete in comparison with the current DLCs such as Scandinavia, France or Italy. They do not even they look real, many curves on the highways with big rises and downs, they seem more of a rally than an highways, and what to say about the intersections or gas stations, are totally unreal, they come from the old ETS1 (year 2008) and since then a lot of time has passed.

I would also like them to update the textures of the roads and the terrain, that they change the vegetation, the prefabs, that they made all the more real intersections as in France or in the same way is currently being done in the ATS, and they added some more roads in the initial countries.

I believe that the next expansion will be back to the East as it happened with the first DLC, I would bet for the Baltic countries, remember the course in the previous expansions: East, North, West, South ... now it touches the East again.

Everything that is add new content to the game in the form of maps will be very welcome, more maps more roads to drive, whatever the map, country or countries we will be waiting for it with many cravings, in the same way as rebuilding of the old map, let's cross our fingers for this to come soon.

Return to “General discussion about the game”