Poll: Which area should SCS add to ETS2 after Iberia?

Which area should SCS add to ETS2 next?

Western Balkan (Croatia, Serbia, B+H, Albania, Slovenia, Macedonia, Montenegro, Kosovo, Greece)
45%
Further East (Ukraine, Belarus, Moldova)
8%
More of Turkey
6%
Expand Scandinavia
20%
More of Russia
6%
Ireland
11%
Iceland
1%
(Parts of) North Africa
2%

Total votes: 966

dahaka

Re: Poll: Which area should SCS add to ETS2 after Iberia?

#1531 Post by dahaka » 08 Dec 2020 14:28

@Some newbie driver Yes, usually we take the ferry from Barcelona to Civitavechia when we are going back to Greece fully loaded from Portugal or Spain. Going to southern Italy would also be done with this ferry. The only two reasons for not taking the ferry is when we drive illegally around skipping our mandatory breaks, that way we save around 11h, or when we pick up a return load from France, or northern Italy. But those are kind of the only two reasons not to take the ferry.

@krmarci Yes, I know, that's what I fear, that they won't add Civitavechia as a new port. They added Travemunde with the Baltic DLC, so there is still hope. It will be a really bad choice not to add it.

I guess most players who aren't in the know about how logistics are conducted won't be bothered by it though.... :?
Some newbie driver

#1532 Post by Some newbie driver » 08 Dec 2020 14:30

I know that IRL it doesn't exist the line between Barcelona and the Îlle Rousse. I'm not talking about IRL but in the fact that we have in game a functional Eolo Lines yard at the side of a ferry modeled port.

And there's no single yard of a ferry-related company in the game that doesn't have an active ferry just at its side. Only when the ferry line could still not be established (because destination isn't on the map already or a player doesn't own the necessary DLC). So, there's where it will be for sure a ferry to Spain, otherwise there would be no Eolo Lines yard at all.
Shiva

#1533 Post by Shiva » 08 Dec 2020 14:43

Yeah, Porto Torres is a possibility.

Valencia to Livorno. And Valencia to Salerno is possibilities too. Including Cagliari.

https://www.freightlink.co.uk/map and https://www.directferries.co.uk/freight ... routes.htm
These 2 differ a bit.
https://www.grimaldi.napoli.it/pdf/sche ... etwork.pdf is it up to date? It should be, right?

Grimaldi Spain lines https://cargo.grimaldi-lines.com/en/tim ... pain-lines
Grimaldi Sicily lines https://cargo.grimaldi-lines.com/en/tim ... cily-lines

Eco Valencia is one of the newest ships.

Grimaldi's webpage is a bit slow to load today.
I would have checked out https://cargo.grimaldi-lines.com/en/tim ... inia-lines ,but it refuses to load.
/edit: Now it finally loaded. + fixed misspelling Savona -> Salerno.

With current map ports and if Barcelona and or Valencia gets added as ports to Iberia DLC.
Then the following should be possible.
Barcelona - Porto Torres
Valencia - Cagliari

I forgot that Salerno port is not ingame, it is Naples that is ingame and it does not have connections to Spain.
But if we/SCS redirect Salernos traffic to Napoli, then it would have connections to both Barcelona and Valencia.
If Livorno's port could be finished, it could traffic Barcelona and Valencia.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
oldmanclippy

#1534 Post by oldmanclippy » 08 Dec 2020 15:14

On the subject of ferries, one thing I decided to do to allow myself to enjoy Italia and Road to the Black Sea more while I wait for Greece and/or former Yugoslavia to come and connect them, is to allow myself to travel to and from my garages in Bari and Sofia and pretend I drove through Greece to get between them ;) It is nicer than only having one way in and out of RttBS and only two ways in and out of Italia. I tried throwing together a ferry connection between Pernik and Bari yesterday but we'll see if I ever bother finishing it.
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#1535 Post by Mohegan13 » 08 Dec 2020 15:42

Time to get this back on topic. This is not an Iberia discussion topic.
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.
natjer3

#1536 Post by natjer3 » 08 Dec 2020 18:40

I think, adding the ex-yugoslav countries, Albania and Greece rather than being particularly difficult due to the land covered, I think that its diversity will be of a headache. 9 countries, including Kosovo, means 9 new different types of signage, some different languages and many border crossings. In fact this will most probably the mother-of-all DLCs for border crossings with different border crossing prefabs and a multitude of borders which mostly require border checks.

The RttBS DLC will be another headache, as it will literally border all of the easternmost points of this DLC.
dahaka

#1537 Post by dahaka » 08 Dec 2020 18:45

I think SCS was smart enough to know this in advance, and they probably designed the RttBs in a way that will allow for the addition of the surrounding countries. And since they said that the DLCs for the next 3 years are already decided, I wouldn't be too surprised if they have the solution already. Plus they've had the public research threads for a long time, and many player's have already helped.
Some newbie driver

#1538 Post by Some newbie driver » 08 Dec 2020 21:48

Probably they will deploy some border checks more compact and simplified than in other DLCs. And unless there's some "iconic" border check due some kind of very remarkable building or layout; probably they will stick with that model for all the countries.
IvanKuz

#1539 Post by IvanKuz » 11 Dec 2020 18:48

Some newbie driver wrote: 07 Dec 2020 22:46Ancona is also ready for the ferry, they just need to polish 2 details and almost done when they want.
dahaka wrote: 07 Dec 2020 21:14@IvanKuz, @Some newbie driver If you look closely on google maps and ingame, the little roundabout that is almost under an overpass in Ancona and has one of its exits barred, that is the one that would lead into the port of Ancona. There is a model of a large ferry in the background too, which is in the right spot, so technically with very small changes and polishing the ferry connection is done.
Yes, I'm aware of the ferry in Ancona. However, it is merely part of the background and the area around isn't built. The roads leading in that direction simply end behind corners like all scenic roads do, and out of the five sides of the pentagonal Lazzaretto building, only three are built in the game. For a functional ferry terminal to be added, a whole new area would have to be built and populated with detail, and hills in the background would likely have to be moved to make space for it.
Of course, all of this is entirely possible and doable. It's just that it would be a bit more work than in Bari, where the placeholder for the ferry terminal already exists. Since not all existing ferry routes make it into the game, there is a small chance that they might decide to simply not bother with the extra work that Ancona requires compared to Bari.
dahaka wrote: 07 Dec 2020 21:14As for Venice yes, it needs a complete rework, from the ground up. And by the way, google maps is wrong about the ferries in Venice. I've sailed to Greece about 20 times from there, this is the actual location the ferry departs from and arrives to: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ferry ... 12.2569992

Trucks no longer travel to the island of Venice.
Ah, good to know. Thank you for this information.
I think, in theory, it would actually be possible to create this port with a separate exit from the highway, without even touching the existing part of the city.
krmarci

#1540 Post by krmarci » 11 Dec 2020 19:23

The port of Ancona could get in even if the Ancona-Greece ferries are not included - there are also ferries to Zadar and Split.

Return to “General discussion about the game”