Poll: Which area should SCS add to ETS2 after Iberia?

Which area should SCS add to ETS2 next?

Western Balkan (Croatia, Serbia, B+H, Albania, Slovenia, Macedonia, Montenegro, Kosovo, Greece)
46%
Further East (Ukraine, Belarus, Moldova)
8%
More of Turkey
7%
Expand Scandinavia
20%
More of Russia
5%
Ireland
11%
Iceland
1%
(Parts of) North Africa
2%

Total votes: 875

oldmanclippy

Re: Poll: Which area should SCS add to ETS2 after Iberia?

#1421 Post by oldmanclippy » 21 Oct 2020 13:15

I really think they have to include Belarus, otherwise the map will be corridor driving again. I'm not super concerned that Belarus will be excluded, because:

Road to Moscow without Belarus would be significantly smaller than Iberia.

Road to Moscow with Belarus would be about the same area as Iberia but with lower road density.

They can reuse or tweak a lot of assets from Beyond the Baltic Sea, whereas Iberia required a ton of new assets (probably, my assumption not fact).
ATS state release order concept map | Road to Moscow 2021 concept map
Freightliner Cascadia for OTR, Western Star 49X for Regional | Lamar, CO
Mercedes-Benz New Actros | Bern, CH

Shiva

#1422 Post by Shiva » 21 Oct 2020 15:13

oldmanclippy, I do agree on the concept map you posted today.
Altho in my version, A-130 would have been in too.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.

oldmanclippy

#1423 Post by oldmanclippy » 21 Oct 2020 15:22

I agree, it looks like there are some nuclear plants on the A-130 corridor as well which would make for good delivery spots like Golfech and the other VLF plants.

supersobes
Global moderator

#1424 Post by supersobes » 21 Oct 2020 16:09

I actually like when there are corridors that you drive over and over again. I think it's interesting because you end up with one main route that you are very familiar with, and then you have all of the different branches from the route that go to your various destinations. Maybe it's just me since I don't use the navigation when I drive, but I really like becoming familiar with a route by driving it several times consecutively. Some good examples of this are the E-67 along the Gulf of Riga in the Baltics DLC and the motorway corridor down the East coast of Italy from Genoa to Naples. The different routes that branch off of the corridor make it so that you're not doing the exact same drive over again, but rather there's one central part of the route that gets used while everything else is not so repetitive. I think main corridors can work if executed in the same way as the two I just mentioned.

Some newbie driver

#1425 Post by Some newbie driver » 21 Oct 2020 16:58

I think it's nice to have such main corridors to be used if you wish. But I understand that lots of people don't like to be forced to take them forcefully because the lack of alternatives. Itali is what it is, we can't ask SCS to change IRL geography. But Baltics is a bit limited; there are just 2 main routes if you do long hauls north-south (the coats one you like and the Russian alternative). And both are separated enough so there's no sense or isn't practical to choose the other "just to have variety). You end stuck on the one that it's near to you or you are forced to take a long detour. A DLC that would add more Russia east to the actual part we have will completely change that Baltics sensation because would alow long hauls to be done east-west too.

BTW; to some extent, Iberia will have the same: only 2 highways exit from there so people will end driving on those 2 a LOT of times for sure.

oldmanclippy

#1426 Post by oldmanclippy » 21 Oct 2020 17:40

@supersobes I agree that main corridors if done well can be good. This is especially so with ATS: The I-5 corridor in Washington, the I-84 corridor in Oregon and Idaho, and the I-15 corridor between Las Vegas and Idaho Falls are all great to travel again and again. I also really like the Berlin and St. Petersburg ring roads (which can be thought of as corridors since they are required to get through the city but diverge in many directions). Similarly, the main corridor in Sweden (the E4 I think?) fits this bill.

Only the E-4 in Sweden is truly a corridor in the way you describe it since it's really the only way to get across Sweden in reasonable time (unless I am forgetting something). So a good corridor road can be the only option, but is often one of many options.

Some newbie driver

#1427 Post by Some newbie driver » 21 Oct 2020 18:40

Well, in Sweden the E4 has the alternative road that you can easily take if going to Örebro, Västeras and Upsala from the south. And it's a nice road... unless it's raining and you couldn't overtake a crawling truck in front of you. I mean, i slow down when it rains, but sometimes IA is excessive doing that.

YuLun

#1428 Post by YuLun » 25 Oct 2020 01:50

United Kingdom and Ireland: COMPLETELY FORGOT US???

Mohegan13
Global moderator

#1429 Post by Mohegan13 » 25 Oct 2020 10:28

UK is already there. 🤦‍♂
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
But on my tombstone when I go, just put 'death by rock and roll'.

angrybirdseller

#1430 Post by angrybirdseller » 25 Oct 2020 10:35

:lol: Russia has oblast regions makes it possible to release multiple regions in Russia alone. Hope to see improvements to base map and UK.

Return to “General discussion about the game”