Poll: Which area should SCS add to ETS2 after Iberia?

Which area should SCS add to ETS2 next?

Western Balkan (Croatia, Serbia, B+H, Albania, Slovenia, Macedonia, Montenegro, Kosovo, Greece)
46%
Further East (Ukraine, Belarus, Moldova)
8%
More of Turkey
7%
Expand Scandinavia
20%
More of Russia
5%
Ireland
11%
Iceland
1%
(Parts of) North Africa
2%

Total votes: 875

tobrago

Re: Poll: Which area should SCS add to ETS2 after Iberia?

#1451 Post by tobrago » 14 Nov 2020 13:49

dahaka wrote:
14 Nov 2020 13:31
I am afraid my friend...
It's just a shame for SCS. :)
Google translator
Greetings and cheers
Keep truckin'

Image Image Image

Some newbie driver

#1452 Post by Some newbie driver » 14 Nov 2020 14:03

Why should SCS be ashamed for not releasing maps in the order you prefer the most?

isaac_mihai

#1453 Post by isaac_mihai » 14 Nov 2020 15:15

I think they even said it that they do preffer to release map dlc's in distant /even opposite compas parts of Europe year by year. So if the last DLC released was RttBS (east-south), followed by Iberia (west), the next one looks like it is East-north.

That means I expect the next DLC after the Russian expanison to be an west-north DLC and just after that the south DLC with western Balkans. There are still chances that balkans could come after the Russia DLC because of the playerbase pressure.

Forceous

#1454 Post by Forceous » 14 Nov 2020 15:25

I honestly feel like that the UK needs to be expanded with Ireland, Scotland and probably Iceland as the UK area has never been touched since the game release while every other edge in the game has been expanded. But it could be different who knows.

Shiva

#1455 Post by Shiva » 14 Nov 2020 16:54

tobrago wrote:
14 Nov 2020 10:22
@krmarci To be honest the picture is not the same, so that it can and can not be.Thanks for the link. :)
@tobrago. Let's adjust the google streetview just a tiny bit.
Google Streetview vs Ingame screenshot.
Found by Sametbey2.
I do call that 99,999% match. Tbh, a 100%.
And I did find another location close to it too, 1 of the intersection screenshots.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.

Madkine

#1456 Post by Madkine » 14 Nov 2020 23:55

isaac_mihai wrote:
14 Nov 2020 15:15
There are still chances that balkans could come after the Russia DLC because of the playerbase pressure.
Playerbase pressure doesn't help in the short term when map DLC decisions are made 2-3 years in advance.
Preliminary work on the 2022 map DLC would have started at least a year ago.

It may help for the long term, and may even have influenced the 2022 one to be the Balkans (if it is indeed the Balkans).

Ronny530

#1457 Post by Ronny530 » 15 Nov 2020 12:00

Don't get me wrong, i do like that SCS add more DLC every year, especially Iberia was highly anticipated by me, it was the finall touch the map needs. But what the map also needs is that SCS update the base map to 2020 standards. But that's my personal opinion.

oldmanclippy

#1458 Post by oldmanclippy » 16 Nov 2020 16:59

I am completely convinced that next year will be Road to Moscow and hopefully Belarus, so of course my mind is now churning over what will come in 2022.

On one hand, I think that it might be finally time for the Western Balkans to come in. This will have the effect of improving the playability of Road to the Black Sea in an immense way. I have never hated Road to the Black Sea, but every time I get to Turkey I am never very excited about the long slog back to Hungary. Having the Western Balkans will greatly expand the possibilities for getting too/from Romania, Bulgaria, and Turkey. Plus, the Western Balkans will be really really interesting to drive in if they can pull them off properly at the 1:19 scale.

On the other hand, the UK revamp is long overdue. I am of the belief that they won't touch the UK until they can also do Ireland, Northern Ireland, and the rest of Scotland and Wales as a paid DLC. So whenever they decide to do the UK revamp, that should come the same year as the Ireland + Rest of GB DLC. Maybe they decide to make the rest of Scotland and Wales free as part of the UK revamp but I would not be upset at all if they decide that it should be bundled with Northern Ireland and Ireland as a paid DLC. Also, I think that they should really drop the scale of the UK to 1:19. Having a different scale for one part of the map breaks immersion in my opinion, plus I think the UK and Ireland are large enough to where 1:19 scale will not feel too compressed. 1:19 will also help make the revamp go by quicker, allowing them to knock out Great Britain + Ireland in one go.

They wouldn't do Ukraine/Moldova right after Russia/Belarus I don't think, so that one is out of the running for 2022.

Fennoscandia, while it would be popular due to general positive views of Scandinavia, is a bit early I think. Same with Iceland. These would benefit a lot more from having winter weather.

More of Turkey would not go well, as expanding into Asia before finishing Europe would cause backlash. Same with North Africa.

So in my opinion, the only logical options for the 2022 map are either Western Balkans or Ireland + UK revamp + GB expansion. One would satisfy a group of fans who are very passionate about getting their home countries in game, while the other would set SCS up to retain more purchasers of the base map as recurring customers for future DLC, such as the Western Balkans for example. I think strategically the best move would be to do Ireland + UK revamp + GB expansion for 2022, but we might never hear the end of it from Western Balkans fans :lol:
ATS state release order concept map | Road to Moscow 2021 concept map
Freightliner Cascadia for OTR, Western Star 49X for Regional | Lamar, CO
Mercedes-Benz New Actros | Bern, CH

dahaka

#1459 Post by dahaka » 16 Nov 2020 20:53

If they do UK revamp in 2022, there are going to be a LOT of complaints, not only because they choose to do that instead of adding a lot of new countries with a lot more interesting landscape than (most of) the UK, but because they still haven't reworked old parts of the base map, which can not be avoided if you drive longer trips.
Finishing Germany should be the top priority, after that it should be Austria and Switzerland, then BENELUX, because having a UK rework first means I have to go through the pain of driving through old areas continually, just to get to the brand new reworked ones.

Jatruck

#1460 Post by Jatruck » 16 Nov 2020 22:57

I totally agree. Being UK an island it's easier to avoid than Aus-Swi + BENELUX.

So UK better at the end and then Going East DLC and few tweaks in Scandinavia.

Return to “General discussion about the game”