Euro Bus Simulator DLC when?

FAres

Re: Euro Bus Simulator DLC when?

#41 Post by FAres » 20 Oct 2020 08:41

Those bus stations were introduced more than 7 years Ago,back in July 2013 with 1.4 update, I'm sure they are intended for Euro coach simulator.

Tirol

#42 Post by Tirol » 20 Oct 2020 08:48

Fortunately, the Fernbus simulator is available since 4 years, because we are still waiting for the SCS bus simulator after 7 years.

Some newbie driver

#43 Post by Some newbie driver » 20 Oct 2020 09:22

What it's good (that Fernbus exist) for several reasons:
- People who like to drive buses has something to play with instead of just having to wait SCS decides to release something
- SCS should had to release something of an adequate level of quality if they want to attract players to their game
- And at long term, competition in the market will force both companies to do their best

plykkegaard

#44 Post by plykkegaard » 20 Oct 2020 10:32

Some newbie driver wrote:
20 Oct 2020 09:22
- SCS should had to release something of an adequate level of quality if they want to attract players to their game
Better, I'd hope, but it depends on what you're aiming for :)
No jaaged lines is on the plus side, but otherwise the environment jumping in like it does can be annoying
Very small map, which scale is used?
Office moved to Fort Collins, Colorado

Some newbie driver

#45 Post by Some newbie driver » 20 Oct 2020 11:37

Yes of course, every game propose a way of playing and we could like it more or less the whole thing or some details. But at the end, the possibility to chose and the existence of competence is always good. It makes both companies to have to do their best. I don't know the exact details of that one specifically,but I remember there's a thread in the off-topic talking about it and maybe there is the info about the map scale

Tirol

#46 Post by Tirol » 20 Oct 2020 12:57

SCS could have secured a big slice of the pie if they'd been a little faster. Now TML was faster and they sold 200,000 copies.

https://www.tml-studios.de/forum/index. ... ator-sold/

Marcello Julio

#47 Post by Marcello Julio » 20 Oct 2020 13:04

The reason I believe they haven't said anything about DLC for now, must be because they must be suffering from some limitation or they decided rework something gameplay mechanic for a better quality. Because obviously the Euro Coach Simulator is going to be something totally different in relation to trucks, because it must have the whole issue of interaction between passengers and bus stations. What possibly will have its own game mode with its own career. And we must also put the question of buses licensing. We do not know on this front how is the process for licensing the Buses and what they must be going through to be able to license the Buses.

Some newbie driver

#48 Post by Some newbie driver » 20 Oct 2020 13:25

I think in central Europe there's lot of coaches build directly from companies to the chassis manufacturers (so, MAN coaches, Mercedes coaches ... Completely made by them or secondary companies of the company group.

But in other places most of the market is in the hands of independent manufacturers that build the bodies over chassis they purchase to MAN, Mercedes, Iveco... That's the case of Spain for example, you can daily see buses with almost the same body but different chassis (and engines) brands labeled on them.

If SCS takes that approach, the licensing is waaaaay easier. They just need to license the use of the badge of a manufacturer and the depiction of their engines and mechanical parts in the configuration of the vehicle. So the depicted protected items are less and the license would not be so much strict and hard to obtain. They will be free to model whatever body they want meanwhile it isn't a copy of an existing model of an IRL body builder. They could later model too licensed bodies; but it's not mandatory to launch the game.

Regards

ELT39

#49 Post by ELT39 » 04 Nov 2020 08:27

Addind coaches as a DLC to ETS would be a big mistake in my eyes as it moves away from the trucking concept

Marcello Julio

#50 Post by Marcello Julio » 04 Nov 2020 11:49

That would be no big mistake. As Pavel has stated a few times in the past, Buses would be a own game mode, unrelated to the truck game mode. That would not disturb anything.

Return to “General discussion about the game”