Euro Bus Simulator DLC when?

MrCapital

Re: Euro Bus Simulator DLC when?

#51 Post by MrCapital » 05 Nov 2020 06:56

No. Most buses are built on bus chassis. Those are very different to truck chassis. They might use the same engines, gearboxes axles and so on. But as city buses are built with low floor you could not use a truck chassis. Coaches for tourism are built with cargo compartments under the floor and don’t forget the double deckers. None could use truck chassis.
[ external image ]
- retired modder - do not disturb -
CarTMatt

#52 Post by CarTMatt » 05 Nov 2020 07:00

They have truck parts in general. You are not wrong though.
I love modern trucks and some old ones too.
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 3.6Ghz-4.2Ghz
Mobo: Asus TUF B450M-Pro Gaming
RAM: 16 GB of DDR4 3600mhz CL18 PNY XLR8
Graphics Card: Asus TUF GTX 1660 Super OC Edition
Power Supply: Cooler Master MWE 650 80+ Gold
Reinhard

#53 Post by Reinhard » 05 Nov 2020 07:03

Coaches don't have a chassis, since more than half a century. And the "feel", the physics, is very different from a truck. Softer, smoother. You have to experience it to get what I mean.

I really hope SCS will achieve that, provided a coach DLC will get released.
MrCapital

#54 Post by MrCapital » 05 Nov 2020 08:22

Volvo B11R chassis. Used with bodies from many different coach builders including Volvo's own bodies.

Looks like a chassis to me. But I'm certainly not an expert in buses.

[ external image ]

B8R Double decker chassis.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
- retired modder - do not disturb -
Reinhard

#55 Post by Reinhard » 05 Nov 2020 08:34

Seems I was wrong. Setra invented the self-supporting coach, lacking a separate chassis, in 1951. I always assumed the industry followed that path, completely. Like it was done for cars.

But this is obviously a chassis for a coach. I'm defeated. :lol:
Some newbie driver

#56 Post by Some newbie driver » 05 Nov 2020 09:00

Self-supporting coach bodies maybe exist today (really don't know) for companies like Setra, that build the whole coach as a complete model. It's the logical evolution of the same concept that improved the manufacturing of cars too.

But as I mentioned other times, there exist lots of companies that only build bodies (like there's companies that only build bodies for trailers); hence they need somebody to provide whole chassis that sustain them.

Of course, those companies could also create "mono-bodies" and purchase only the axle-suspension sets and the engine and transmission. But then every body should be tailored to an specific brand and range of axles and engines and it will be more costly to develop that body (because the body will be the one that sustain all the forces created by the suspension movements, very different for every weight distribution, axles used...). Working on the classis chassis-body concept, they can do very generic bodies that they can fit with minimal changes in different manufacturer's chassis. So, if a customer wants one of your bodies but prefers Volvo chassis (because their fleet is all volvos) while other prefers Mercedes, it's a lot more easy to fulfill those requests.

As far as I know, all or almost all the manufacturers in Spain (and here are a lot of them) works on that general way; for example.

Regards
CarTMatt

#57 Post by CarTMatt » 05 Nov 2020 09:34

Maybe the no chassis buses are city buses since they need a low floor. The coaches need a chassis because coaches may go to rough and/or difficult terrain. Maybe the bus industry is moving to a unibody structure just like on cars.
I love modern trucks and some old ones too.
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 3.6Ghz-4.2Ghz
Mobo: Asus TUF B450M-Pro Gaming
RAM: 16 GB of DDR4 3600mhz CL18 PNY XLR8
Graphics Card: Asus TUF GTX 1660 Super OC Edition
Power Supply: Cooler Master MWE 650 80+ Gold
xXCARL1992Xx

#58 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 05 Nov 2020 09:40

even city busses use a chassis construction under the body, it has nothing to do with how high it sits (city busses dont sit low, they have a step in them that is clearly seen) it is a matter of design and choice of the manufacturer, the Mercedes Citaro and MAN City Lion should still be build on a chassis frame
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Some newbie driver

#59 Post by Some newbie driver » 05 Nov 2020 09:53

Well xXCARL1992Xx, there are city buses with most of their floor very low and without steps (for increased accessibility). But even those you are right some still use chassis (I can't say if most, few or all). Special chassis ones made specifically to achieve very low floor.
xXCARL1992Xx

#60 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 05 Nov 2020 10:17

with steps i mean the ones under every seat, the entrance of them is flat, this is where not much chassis is under, but everything that is not floor or room for people with wheelchairs or baby strollers is elevated higher, on some busses, or on different manufacturers, i know the Citaro ones are elevated, MAN not, i think, didnt drove in a bus for years and even if it was most of the time a Mercedes that is used here in town, maybe they already changed it again
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]

Return to “General discussion about the game”