Euro Bus Simulator DLC when?

Some newbie driver

Re: Euro Bus Simulator DLC when?

#101 Post by Some newbie driver » 05 May 2021 14:09

Highly doubtfully a programmers problem. Most of the features an hypothetic bus game would require are already into the game. Others still needed would also be useful for current trucks game.

It's just a question of priorities; their priority is ETS2 and ATS; the team dedicated for that coach project is very small and works in the background, probably not even full time. And it's not they had got so many time to spare in recent times (big changes in the core engine, delays on main DLC or the german y rework... Simply, the coach DLC is at the end of the list. At least until they reach some critical mass in content amount. Then it will be the release and after that they should had to commit a minimum of staff to don't let the game die.
mapabycarlos

#102 Post by mapabycarlos » 04 Jun 2021 20:33

It's a shame that SCS doesn't dedicate time to DLC Euro Coach, as it would be a differential of the ETS2 and would serve a large part of the game's fans.
Madkine
Global moderator

#103 Post by Madkine » 05 Jun 2021 00:04

If there was any evidence a large part were interested it'd be done already. That said I'm sure enough are interested that it would make money for them.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
harishw8r

#104 Post by harishw8r » 05 Jun 2021 06:07

Pavel has acknowledged the interest of the community and has spoken numerous times about the potential Coach Simulator DLC.

Coach simulator is a whole new problem despite sharing the same backbone as the Truck Simulator. Pavel once mentioned (in Squirrel’s interview I guess) that they have to find ways to calculate the g-force and things like that so that the driver cannot make sharp turns that would upset the passengers.

But that’s not all. Animations aside, we should be able to design the routes, stop in between and things like that. Unsurprisingly that’s also the basis for Multiple Pickup and droping Cargo.

Mapping is another big issue and is often overlooked. All the cities we have in game are focused on areas accessible to Semi Trucks, mostly suburbs. Buses could access downtowns too so most of the map has to be adjusted for that. Also, some cities might be relevant from a tourism point of view than trucking, those regions have to be added (for example, the Transfagarasans). Now they obviously can’t dump everything in the same map due to the scale, so the only solution is to have two different maps with minor differences between them (for example, Nuclear power plants may not be relevant for buses as it is for trucking). It’s enough if we pay once for a map DLC but depending on what mode (Bus/Truck) we are choosing, the map has to load accordingly.

Coming to vehicles, buses require more customisation than trucks. Depending on what kind of seats/seating layout/features we choose, the cost of ticket should change. And for a truly immersive experience, there has to be a feature to customise the paintjob using text and if possible, simple decals. These features resemble that of rigids to some extent, and also paves way for truck paintjob customization, which is already a requested feature by the community.

Since most of the similar features can be easily brought to the Trucksim world (which apparently is well constructed), it would be a good idea for SCS to do that first and that would make the work on the Bus simulator a bit easier is what I think.

I remember Pavel saying that they do have some Coach licenses, so hopefully that will materialise in the future. I would like to hear about the viewpoints of others as well, regarding to what I said. I may have been wrong too.
generalbannon

#105 Post by generalbannon » 09 Jun 2021 13:31

I think the map is ready for coaches right now since we've got bus stops and bus termials in almost every city. Sure, downtowns and more touristic routes with distinct viewpoints would be the icing on the cake, but this isn't needed at the start.
I agree with you that multiple pickup and dropping points will be necessary as was well as proper boarding and exit animations for the passengers.
James5121

Can we get some confirmation that busses are still coming?

#106 Post by James5121 » 12 Jun 2021 07:24

As the title says. It’s been years since we heard anything and I’m not asking for when it’s gonna come out or anything like that. I just want some confirmation from the team that this is still being worked on.

Honestly at this point SCS is the only company I have faith in when it comes to a proper bus sim coming out in the future and mods don’t do it service.
Some newbie driver

#107 Post by Some newbie driver » 12 Jun 2021 10:52

They will give no confirmation at all.

SCS doesn't do that already thanks to us, players. You will have a confirmation only when the product will be almost finished for launch.
Tirol

#108 Post by Tirol » 01 Nov 2023 20:00

I very much hope that the time will come when the ETS world will be expanded to include coaches, even if it doesn't look like it at the moment.
fajnymarcin0

#109 Post by fajnymarcin0 » 02 Nov 2023 14:36

I also do hope for that
chris2002

#110 Post by chris2002 » 02 Nov 2023 15:23

If it happen at one point, they will first need to have a good basemap for the new player that will come for the first time in the "ETS2" world.

In this regard, "ACS" (American Bus Simulator) would seems more likely because the basemap can probably be upgraded in a more timely manner than for a "ECS".

Return to “General discussion about the game”