Euro Bus Simulator DLC when?

Sametbey2

Re: Euro Bus Simulator DLC when?

#21 Post by Sametbey2 » 18 Oct 2020 16:17

Several bus terminals are available in the map DLCs and the main map. Future map DLCs will also continue.
Madkine
Global moderator

#22 Post by Madkine » 18 Oct 2020 21:05

Not to mention that the new launcher could be related to this.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
theclumsygeek

#23 Post by theclumsygeek » 18 Oct 2020 21:11

Interesting conspiracy theory being developed in my community:

We noticed in 1.39 beta (only for ets2) that the physics changed. Especially when the truck is turning, the cabin suspension feels weird for a truck but somehow familiar. We later on realized it's familiar because the cabin sway resembles how a coach sways when turning.

Dun dun dunnnnn. 😉
55sixxx

#24 Post by 55sixxx » 18 Oct 2020 22:02

I can't understand why people fixate so much on this Euro Coach stuff... There's always people annoying SCS because of this... on twitch chat during streams, on twitter, on the blog, here on the forum.. everywhere. ETS2 is perfectly fine the way it is, i don't see the point in messing with the game just to add buses.

Rigids ? I get it, it would be nice to have.
New trucks ? I get it too
New map DLC's ?? I understand
But Buses on a game made for trucks ??? I honestly can't see the point.
abasstreppas

#25 Post by abasstreppas » 18 Oct 2020 22:22

Also this thread is almost 3 years old and only 3 pages. I doesn't look like that much of an interest from the masses. I really doubt SCS will add it to ETS2...
Some newbie driver

#26 Post by Some newbie driver » 18 Oct 2020 22:54

@55sixxx some people that could love to drive buses could ask you what do you see on driving trucks using your same argument. And @abasstreppas, don't expect that too many people talks about buses on a trucks game forum; expect them to come here in great numbers the day this game wouldn't be only for trucks.

At the end our personal tastes are irrelevant. SCS had already an old bus game and time ago decided they want to make this game capable of handle a new way better version of that.

After all, look it from the cold enterprise perspective: What's the biggest asset SCS has? Do you think they are the licenses to model trucks? Absolutely not. The biggest asset SCS has are their maps. Is the piece of content where they had put more money, manpower, time, effort, ideas, technologies... everything. Anybody can obtain the same truck licenses than SCS with time and patience and a decent game developer studio. But SCS maps are pretty unique and hardly repeatable without a HUGE inversion; so they are their main point to differentiate from any possible competence. And what have they done with that map so far? "Only" two trucks games? Objectively speaking, and on SCS they are more than aware of that, it's a waste of efforts.

The actual map could be used (as it is or with minor modifications) for several other games, increasing the potential market for products based on it thus increasing a lot the ROI of the developing of those maps and the final net profit. Exactly what any company wants and what we all should want too, because the more benefit they have, the more they could invest to bring us sooner more and better features we request them. Every single content or feature they add into the game (like all the ones on 1.39) is an investment of part of the company's beneffit into improve the game to give it a future. The can't invest more than they win or they will go bankrupt. Do we want more features? Do we want them to have more workers so they can bring us more content we are expecting? Then they need to win more money than "just" with trucks they can. So simple as that.

Bus/Coach DLC is not just a weird idea of a few people from here. It's something that SCS knows very well they MUST do sooner than later. And it will not be the end, for sure in the future we will see "weirder" (from our perspective) alternative games/modes base on SCS maps. As far as there will be market enough to cover the extra developing costs, SCS will do it eventually.

Regards
xXCARL1992Xx

#27 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 19 Oct 2020 05:20

The physic change was a typo in the physic code that is already fixed internally
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Madkine
Global moderator

#28 Post by Madkine » 19 Oct 2020 07:24

Not to mention that SCS have stated several times that it's being worked on, just not as a high priority. But even something worked on as a low priority will eventually be ready for release.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
OrionXIII

#29 Post by OrionXIII » 19 Oct 2020 09:05

55sixxx wrote: 18 Oct 2020 22:02But Buses on a game made for trucks ??? I honestly can't see the point.
Buses are just trucks for human cargo.
xeviax

#30 Post by xeviax » 19 Oct 2020 09:20

& Both rigid trucks & busses will share the same physics & almost the same turning radius when they will come. Right now the turning radius we have it's suitable for the semi-trucks but not very good for rigid trucks or busses.

Return to “General discussion about the game”