DLC Italia for legacy/retail or not?

Alex_K

Re: DLC Italia for legacy/retail or not?

#51 Post by Alex_K » 17 Jan 2018 09:20

@Max do you know any plan or is the desission not made yet?
Grimples

#52 Post by Grimples » 17 Jan 2018 14:21

It's a slap in face if it is not released, espcecially with no warning.
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#53 Post by Mohegan13 » 17 Jan 2018 14:31

Wednesday, April 22, 2015 Blog Post.

That is when they warned you legacy support may not continue indefinitely.

As I said earlier in this topic (or one similar) I do feel Italy SHOULD be released as legacy as it is an expansion to a country already in the game. I also feel it should be the last DLC, it's really time to focus on the future IMO.
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.
xXCARL1992Xx

#54 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 17 Jan 2018 14:32

Grimples wrote: 17 Jan 2018 14:21 It's a slap in face if it is not released, espcecially with no warning.

why ?

it is known that SCS will go the Steam way, see ATS, see all other DLCs

so it is a given the legacy version will be abandoned in favor of the easier to use Steam Platform

it is just the matter when SCS dropes it completely and not If they do it and Italy not releasing for this version is the indication it is sooner rather then later
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
abasstreppas

#55 Post by abasstreppas » 17 Jan 2018 14:59

Well, I know that the future for the game is Steam only, but it would be nice to hear a definite NO for a legacy copy of the Italy DLC (or any other future releases). As it is now I and others are just waiting and waiting... :roll:
johnporter29

#56 Post by johnporter29 » 17 Jan 2018 16:07

I used to be against the use of Steam and used to hate it when I purchased the CD/DVD version of a game that insisted on Steam been present as a way preventing privacy etc, but now I'm all for Steam. In fact I haven't bought a retail copy of a game for ages. I think the last game I bought on DVD was ATS which of course requires Steam.

Find it useful knowing that I only need to remember my login details to have full access to my games library instead of having shelves full of CD/DVDs that only see the light of day when I need to re-install etc.

As much as I hate saying it, to enable simplier up keep and updates, the legacy copy does need to be laid to rest. It's a sad fact in life that in order for progress, older systems must make way.
johnporter29
Owner/Player of Euro Truck Simulator 2 & it's American brother!
PC: i9 9900K, 32GB RAM, RTX2070, 1TB M.2 (NVMe) SSD, 512GB SSD, Seagate 2TB, MSI 34" Curved 100MHz 1440p Monitor
Moros

#57 Post by Moros » 17 Jan 2018 19:25

I class steam as the modern day version of the black plague, I've seen it at it's best and I've seen it at it's worst and I will have nothing to do with that appalling steam software rubbish ever.
It's a great idea for those players who want to buy and store their games on-line but why should I or anyone else be forced to run a game bought from a genuine retailer and have to have this parasitic steam software forced upon us?.

SCS had no problem taking the hard earned cash from us retail users to expand their little software business but now all they are seeing is the money, they are quite probably going to kick us retail users in the teeth and abandon us, well thanks for that SCS.

Knock knock, hello, is there anybody in there, hasn't it occurred to you lot that some of those steam DLC's you're so bloody fond of might well have been bought by the retail user as well eh, hmmmm, probably not then as you've had your steam blinkers and earmuffs on for too long.
xXCARL1992Xx

#58 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 17 Jan 2018 19:38

yeah money

Retail cost more then Steam, so SCS gets more money per game from Steam then Retail

and the users Retail VS Steam are so small that it isnt rentable anymore to update 2 versions of the game, so get rid of the retail/legacy version and be done with it

if you dont want to use Steam it is your problem not SCSs
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#59 Post by Mohegan13 » 17 Jan 2018 19:42

Moros wrote: 17 Jan 2018 19:25 SCS had no problem taking the hard earned cash from us retail users...
Well that's not how the retail business works.

See when you buy retail, the money you spend goes to the shop you bought it from. None of that money goes to SCS.

The retailers buy in bulk from SCS and/or their official publishers for that specific country. SCS has that money. The retailers then add a mark up and sell it for profit. So no, they technically don't have your money, but the shop you bought it from sure does.
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.
daniel_bel

#60 Post by daniel_bel » 18 Jan 2018 08:13

In my case I always bought SCS products direct from them, by download from their Fastspring representative.
My intention is not to stock discs, download is OK, I just don't have internet permanently active on the machine I use the software.
So Steam would be OK if there was no need for them after registration. IE use completely off-line.

If the legacy option is a one-off, not maintained or updated after initial offering, I fail to see where the extra cost is for SCS.
It's just some cash against a very small storing space.
Domin Illum Mea
Born before Arpanet, playin' that way
Do you really believe Charles touched his nose?

Return to “General discussion about the game”