Special Transport DLC

xyzan

Re: Special Transport DLC

#51 Post by xyzan » 12 Dec 2017 14:08

" I would imagine it involves a map editing to set up all the routes, make sure there's no obstacles along the way. "
Moders now can do undrivable trailers (to long, to heavy, etc) and do not care as long as people like and want to use them. Don't you think, that it will look similar, unless it would be required to do modification to map. I guess you can use just default map, without additional scenario, police etc. Only setup 'preplanned' route for pilots and that might work. It won't be as good as DLC, but maybe longer routes are possible that way ;)
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#52 Post by Mohegan13 » 12 Dec 2017 14:27

Anyone can add cargo the normal way, we've done it for years prior to ST DLC.

But you won't get pilot cars. You'll have to use dev camera/F9 to get past all the obstacles, and in/out of some companies.

IMO if you're not going to do it properly the mod is no good for the average player as not everyone is able/willing to F9 all the time. There's a reason the official jobs are done properly with pre-planned routes.
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.
Reinhard

#53 Post by Reinhard » 12 Dec 2017 14:33

Moh1336 wrote: 12 Dec 2017 10:07 But making new routes isn't going to be as simple as setting a start and end location, I would imagine it involves a map editing to set up all the routes, make sure there's no obstacles along the way.
Correct. And it is even more complicated. There is a new object type, named "trajectory". A bit like the usual AI-lanes, but not intrinsic element of any prefab. Rather to be applied on-spot. At the starting point, at delivery, and wherever in-between where things are tight. This is really hard work. Here is an example from the city of Luxembourg, look for the yellow icons with a 'T':
[ external image ]
Al lot of work necessary until this is all fitting. And I wonder how to integrate all this into modded derivations of the original map. To copy this location by location must be a nightmare. I'm really nosy how (and if) Promods is tackling this situation.
xyzan

#54 Post by xyzan » 12 Dec 2017 15:00

That make sense. However, I can see that this DLC is rather unmodable. You can of course take the trailer and add it separately, but as Moh1336 said, without Special Transport features. That seems to be interesting.
hamitcankilic

#55 Post by hamitcankilic » 12 Dec 2017 17:29

I think there's a problem. :)

Special Transport + Bridge = R.I.P https://clips.twitch.tv/AmorphousRenown ... appaWealth
xXCARL1992Xx

#56 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 12 Dec 2017 17:31

the bridge wasnt the problem, the railing was
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Scaniadriver1

#57 Post by Scaniadriver1 » 12 Dec 2017 17:53

well,
how much places like that one are on the map?could be interesting....we will see
the hell of a job for the promods guys :?
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#58 Post by Mohegan13 » 12 Dec 2017 18:02

The railing wasn't the problem, Squirrel was. He wasn't lined up properly.

I won't say it's not a tight squeeze or that it's not difficult (that's the whole purpose for it to be difficult) but it's doable without clipping if you take it slow and steady and keep an eye on those mirrors.
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.
Scaniadriver1

#59 Post by Scaniadriver1 » 12 Dec 2017 18:25

and be in the right place from the start when the road gets smaller
reverse back and forward will maybe mess it up more
maybe better to recognize when we are able to do this for ourselfs instead of watchin video....

and when the trip gets more difficult maybe there are 300 - 500 miles more than enough lol
LeafeonGold

#60 Post by LeafeonGold » 12 Dec 2017 18:39

Yeah, I can see that If he kept to the right, the box would have passed right over the railing.
"Don't try extra hard to make your presence known, but make sure your absence is noticed."

Intel I7-4790K |//| EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW |//| 32GB RAM
Workshop |//| ATS Screens |//| ETS2 Screens

Return to “General discussion about the game”