My predictions about the game development

dkasper00

Re: My predictions about the game development

#21 Post by dkasper00 » 13 Dec 2017 22:29

It's really foolish to think that a company should go in a direction that you think it should when you don't own said company.
In a world full of swift drivers, I'm an O/O.
Katixa

#22 Post by Katixa » 14 Dec 2017 20:51

Probably one day ETS and ATS will become World of Trucks, where you just choose a map to play on (USA, EU...), maybe even being able to move your trucks from here to there. ETS3, or ATS2 would be suicide (time, resources, etc.), restart the client-base, support previous games/community....

Far better to just redo the 3D engine from time to time when needed, patch, and launch WoT 2018, 2019, 2020, etc. with more trucks, patches, DLCs here and there.. (Australia, Spain, Russia, Brasil, Canada....). There will always be people buying the base game, and DLCs if they want to, and all of us current players will have no problems restarting profiles, also buying DLCs from time to time, etc...

Right now with Steam, I think it's the right way of business. Boxed games are a different thing.
Every day above ground is a good day.
mpuone

#23 Post by mpuone » 14 Dec 2017 21:14

Katixa wrote: 14 Dec 2017 20:51 Probably one day ETS and ATS will become World of Trucks, where you just choose a map to play on (USA, EU...), maybe even being able to move your trucks from here to there. ETS3, or ATS2 would be suicide (time, resources, etc.), restart the client-base, support previous games/community....

Far better to just redo the 3D engine from time to time when needed, patch, and launch WoT 2018, 2019, 2020, etc. with more trucks, patches, DLCs here and there.. (Australia, Spain, Russia, Brasil, Canada....). There will always be people buying the base game, and DLCs if they want to, and all of us current players will have no problems restarting profiles, also buying DLCs from time to time, etc...

Right now with Steam, I think it's the right way of business. Boxed games are a different thing.
I like this idea.

WoT 2019 - Canada DLC
Tirol

#24 Post by Tirol » 14 Dec 2017 21:16

To do that, SCS would have to hire several hundred employees next year.
mpuone

#25 Post by mpuone » 15 Dec 2017 01:56

I'm pretty sure SCS is still hiring, who really knows how things will be by the end of next year.

Also, I'm not saying I agree with buying the same game every year, like Farming Sim, but it does have it's benefits as mentioned above. Plus, with SCS managing, I'm confidant it would be done well and the quality would be maintained over the years.
DICEEE
Beta tester

#26 Post by DICEEE » 30 May 2018 20:21

Well yeah, you were kind of right ^OP minus ets3 and ets4
xXCARL1992Xx

#27 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 30 May 2018 20:23

a company wo isnt hiring isnt a good one

https://scssoft.com/jobs/
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
flight50

#28 Post by flight50 » 01 Jun 2018 06:03

Old Thread brought back to life. In regards to making ETS3/ATS2, I doubt either of those happen. If they do, it would be well into the future. The way SCS games are currently setup is a progressive style. This means that over time, things will get added and upgraded and therefore cancels out out the need to create a new title. Besides, I am sure there is a fix for dlc's that are dlc dependent. That solution just hasn't been shared with us but there are several options previously discussed all thru out this website. When new installments do come about, I am sure it was because of the game engine itself just not working with the currently. Instead of breaking the games that we know of now, just develop one on the side with the new engine in place. I am sure that process is very very very long and we won't hear about it for years down the road. If indeed it does materialize.

Return to “General discussion about the game”