Beyond the Baltic Sea discussion thread

jackbus

Re: Beyond the Baltic Sea discussion thread

#531 Post by jackbus » 01 Sep 2019 11:02

The larger AI issue I have encounter is they will hard brake from (about) 90km/h to 40km/h on the highway when they see random events.

Brake to a slower speed is make sense, but not from 90 to 40 in 3 seconds.
Hauba

#532 Post by Hauba » 01 Sep 2019 13:27

I agree that the AI must do mistakes otherwise it would get a bit boring because you wouldn't have to be alert. I would even like to see bigger mistakes intentionaly being written in the game at a spawn rate of about 1 vehicle per 1000.

At long hauls, specialy on motorways, you sort of put your driving on autopilot. And I've been caught by the AI driver mistakes a few times and got +30% damage. In real live I could have been dead at that point. So yes, I am happy with the mistakes as they remind you to be alert. In real life, even if you drive perfectly, there will always be an idiot somewhere dwn the road who can't drive.

The only criticism I have are short on-ramps (or how do you say that) on motorways. The AI sometimes stops at the end and waits for clearance because it can't find the way to merge in traffic and the cars/trucks don't "comunicate" so one would reduce speed and the other accelerate so the merging would take place.
flight50

#533 Post by flight50 » 01 Sep 2019 17:40

The AI is what it is until SCS does something with it. I wonder if SCS can rework the on ramp prefabs that do not allow the AI to be in the merge lane no matter what. Have the AI go to the left free lane no matter if there is someone getting on the highway. This way, we'd never have to worry about AI or human merging traffic. The AI can get back over once they cleared the on ramp. They move over to the other lanes for no reason as is. So clearing the merge area to remove the AI track to use both lanes can work. The AI moves over on lane reductions. Perhaps have 2-3 spots where the AI can choose to move over at speed to avoid the awareness of just stopping before the merge lane. Increasing the distance the AI has to move over to the left would seem like a more natural move.

But the mistakes here and there is cool. We do have random events. Sooner or later, detours will come to ETS2.
supersobes
Global moderator

#534 Post by supersobes » 05 Sep 2019 20:11

When I drive in ETS2 and ATS, I try my best to obey the traffic laws, including obeying the posted speed limit. However, there is one road in the Baltic DLC that I always unintentionally end up speeding on. It happens on this road in Espoo, Finland, a suburb of Helsinki, between the Ika and the SAL delivery points. I start off from the traffic signal normally, and I accelerate up the hill to what feel like a reasonable speed for this road. At the crest of the hill just before the overpass over highway 50, I always catch myself going between 10 and 20 km/h over the posted 50 km/h speed limit. I don't know what it is about this road, but it is just so easy to unintentionally speed on here. Has anybody else noticed this here?

[ external image ]

[ external image ]
xXCARL1992Xx

#535 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 05 Sep 2019 20:13

you are not the only one
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Some newbie driver

#536 Post by Some newbie driver » 05 Sep 2019 22:15

I've still not been there, but what you explain remember me the bridge when exiting Le Mans. At last from before 1.35 (if they had fixed then the bug in speed limits that was there).
supersobes
Global moderator

#537 Post by supersobes » 05 Sep 2019 23:47

@Some newbie driver Yes it was a bug. It's been fixed though. The bridge to Le Mans is now an 80 km/h road the way it should be. This example in Espoo, Finland is not a bug though. It is supposed to 50 km/h because it is inside of the city limit area where the speed limit is 50 km/h unless otherwise posted. In my opinion though, it should be posted to at least 60 km/h.
LoaderSaints

#538 Post by LoaderSaints » 06 Sep 2019 08:55

Having that stretch posted at 50km/h seems realistic to me. It is not a very long stretch of road and it is entirely within a built-up area. Here in Finland we have roads at various places that could have a higher posted speed limit but they still have 50km/h because of the area the road is in.
And btw, Espoo is not a suburb of Helsinki, it is an entirely different municipality, just like Vantaa and Kauniainen. :lol:
OrionXIII

#539 Post by OrionXIII » 07 May 2020 08:50

I just got a Kassel-Kouvola double-trailer job, and the pathfinder gps initially sent me over the Kaliningrad Oblast. As I was closing in, I remembered - damn, are they going to let me into Russia with doubles, or I will have to go backwards to Poland and turn around? Instead I turned around instantly, going through Sweden instead. The questions are: why isn't the GPS prohibited from sending me to areas I'm not allowed to enter, and if the game will allow me into Russia with doubles? (Or cross non-Schengen borders with doubles, to be more precise.)
xyzan

#540 Post by xyzan » 07 May 2020 12:24

In reality you wouldn't be able to drive into Poland;) as doubles are prohibited here as well

Return to “General discussion about the game”