Beyond the Baltic Sea discussion thread

supersobes
Global moderator

Re: Beyond the Baltic Sea discussion thread

#521 Post by supersobes » 27 Aug 2019 10:07

I've noticed that too. It only happens in the Baltic DLC. The annoying thing is, because the AI trucks take such an unnecessarily wide turn, they come almost to a complete stop in the middle of the road for no reason. I really hope that SCS addresses this issue and that we won't see it in future map DLCs.
MrCapital

#522 Post by MrCapital » 27 Aug 2019 11:19

And they just drive out right in front of you.
[ external image ]
- retired modder - do not disturb -
flight50

#523 Post by flight50 » 27 Aug 2019 12:44

I don't think the AI has always done that either. But they blow right by the stop signs and lights as if the stop lines don't even exist. Would be nice if they were corrected. But going half way out into the street is not a good look.
cip

#524 Post by cip » 27 Aug 2019 13:32

supersobes wrote: 27 Aug 2019 10:07 AI trucks take such an unnecessarily wide turn, the come almost to a complete stop in the middle of the road for no reason. I really hope that SCS addresses this issue and that we won't see it in future map DLCs.
true, I forgot to mention that Ai trucks brake almost to complete stop in order to execute this odd maneuver. actually I hope SCS will solve this in Baltics too, before releasing a new DLC with correct prefabs :lol:
actually I noticed this long time ago but did not pay attention to it considering just a local issue, but recently I started to drive more through Baltics and had seen thisa everywhere in Baltics!
Enjoy driving with my Real Traffic Density for ETS2 and ATS
Enjoy listening my Real Ai Traffic FMOD Sounds for ETS2 and ATS
I have quit SCS forum...
flight50

#525 Post by flight50 » 27 Aug 2019 15:11

This is happens with ATS as well and that is mainly what I was referring to. Since both games are on the same engine and updates for the most part, it applies to both games. The AI simply doesn't see human players well. The downside is that if you take the AI out the game, the game would royally suck if you ask me. So we either love'em or hate them, lol. But a good balance of love and hate would be nice.
cip

#526 Post by cip » 27 Aug 2019 15:21

I haven't been driving lately in ATS, I plan to do it as soon I finalize the work in one brand new mod for ETS2. I will monitor the traffic in ATS as well for this kind of errors! I guess it's time to send a bug report for Baltics then? :lol:
traffic is the most important part of the driving experience in my opinion so it needs to be as natural and errors free as possible!
Enjoy driving with my Real Traffic Density for ETS2 and ATS
Enjoy listening my Real Ai Traffic FMOD Sounds for ETS2 and ATS
I have quit SCS forum...
flight50

#527 Post by flight50 » 27 Aug 2019 15:36

cipinho wrote: 27 Aug 2019 15:21 it needs to be as natural and errors free as possible!
I can't speak against that part one bit. Nothing like having natural flow. Sure we get random events that can pop up at anytime. But when everything is okay, a good driving experience only adds to the pleasure. The lack of AI in MP is the reason why I don't care for MP. Now how will SCS's version of MP work when it comes. Removing the AI is not the answer for me. I need them. Even early hrs of the morning, there is always someone else on the roads with me.

With as great of a job SCS is doing on these newer map expansions for both games, having anything less than what normally goes on would be a little disappointing to say the least.
Some newbie driver

#528 Post by Some newbie driver » 27 Aug 2019 18:11

Well, considering the level of the average player on MP games everywhere on internet (more or less, the level of that angry german kid meme), and the behavior of some of there that come here whining for bans they have suffered... I think that the lack of AI traffic is the last concern on MP truckers. It's even probable that the addition to AI traffic there, even the actual limited AI, would increase the average level of traffic behavior on those servers. :lol:
FlyingPigeon

#529 Post by FlyingPigeon » 01 Sep 2019 08:11

i dont think AI should ever be perfect, because to simulate real life nobody drives good/perfect, there shoukd always be som dangerous and illegal manouveres from the AI (that already is pretty much predictable). in my opinion the AI we have now (and even more with ciphinos mod) is acting pretty natural except a few hiccups from time to time.
Scandinavian truckdriver.
mackintosh

#530 Post by mackintosh » 01 Sep 2019 09:02

The AI is an accurate representation of Eastern European dash cam footage.

Return to “General discussion about the game”