VR: GPS in Center of screen

Jellybug

Re: VR: GPS in Center of screen

#11 Post by Jellybug » 03 Oct 2020 02:15

Strangely enough, I just fixed that issue myself today. Looks to me like an update between then and now has changed the adviser_oculus file some, adding new UI element entries and changing some dimensions & positions. I did essentially the same thing hippo did, moving all non-tutorial Route Advisor elements up by 546 units. I also removed the modified adviser.sii file, as it doesn't seem to be used by the VR game version.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ludg5j ... sp=sharing

Extract the .zip file, saving the GPS_Move.scs file to your mod folder: /Documents/Euro Truck Simulator 2/mod

A thousand thanks, hippo, I really appreciate having a much less intrusive info display while in VR.
Etsija

#12 Post by Etsija » 03 Oct 2020 04:14

Thanks a million, @Jellybug ! Works beautifully, I can finally see the ETA info also on VR!
Last edited by Etsija on 03 Oct 2020 04:28, edited 1 time in total.
Etsija

#13 Post by Etsija » 03 Oct 2020 16:31

One additional question: is it at all possible to increase the font size of the said ETA text element in the Route Advisor? In VR, the line is a bit blurry on my VR set and it would be very benefitial to increase its size.

@Jellybug What are the exact elements in the advisor.sii that refer to the ETA text info line?
Last edited by Etsija on 03 Oct 2020 16:32, edited 1 time in total.
Jellybug

#14 Post by Jellybug » 03 Oct 2020 17:11

Yeah, SCS definitely changed that element. Used to not be able to see it when in the Job or Damage panel, it was only shown on the Route panel.
Jellybug

#15 Post by Jellybug » 04 Oct 2020 21:50

The .sii file included in the mod only positions elements (and you want adviser_oculus) and there aren't any font settings. It's the last two element definitions in the file seem to position the ETA line. If adviser.sii has font sizes, you might look for mentions of the same element names, "_nameless._.eta" and "_nameless._.eta.mode". There's also a "btn.adviser.eta" element, but that's probably the little flag icon to the left of the text.
Etsija

#16 Post by Etsija » 05 Oct 2020 14:46

OK thanks!
SaiyaTheSheikah_

#17 Post by SaiyaTheSheikah_ » 14 Oct 2020 19:32

I have the same problem with the ETA not showing up. Any solutions?
ReverendTed

#18 Post by ReverendTed » 08 Dec 2020 05:54

Thanks, @Jellybug and @hippo!
I'm in American Truck Simulator on an Oculus Rift CV1, and this was one of my largest complaints - constantly having to toggle the Route Advisor on and off because it was in a most annoying location.
In case anyone else in ATS comes across this: yes, it works for ATS as well.
Since I'd never used mods before, I didn't know you had to turn it on in the Mod Manager menu, but it didn't take me long to figure that out.
ReverendTed

#19 Post by ReverendTed » 24 Jul 2021 03:09

Well, a recent update caused this mod to stop working for me (in American Truck Simulator on my Oculus Rift CV1), and so far I have not been able to get it to work again.
adviser_oculus.sii has had some updates (which appear to be a few new entries at the end relating to weigh station functions).
I was hoping I could just copy over the position data from each entry in the old mod into the new file, but that didn't seem to work - the GPS is still subbornly stuck in front of my steering wheel.

I may keep hammering at it and see if anything works.

Edit:
I figured out why it stopped working.
It seems with the introduction of Convoys, regardless of whether you're actually playing in a multiplayer session, ui\adviser_oculus.sii is no longer used, only ui\multiplyer\multiplayer_adviser_oculus.sii
After editing the coordinates in the multiplayer file, I can confirm my Route Advisor is back where I wanted it!
scrappysphinx

#20 Post by scrappysphinx » 27 Jul 2021 16:20

ReverendTed wrote: 24 Jul 2021 03:09 Well, a recent update caused this mod to stop working for me (in American Truck Simulator on my Oculus Rift CV1), and so far I have not been able to get it to work again.
adviser_oculus.sii has had some updates (which appear to be a few new entries at the end relating to weigh station functions).
I was hoping I could just copy over the position data from each entry in the old mod into the new file, but that didn't seem to work - the GPS is still subbornly stuck in front of my steering wheel.

I may keep hammering at it and see if anything works.

Edit:
I figured out why it stopped working.
It seems with the introduction of Convoys, regardless of whether you're actually playing in a multiplayer session, ui\adviser_oculus.sii is no longer used, only ui\multiplyer\multiplayer_adviser_oculus.sii
After editing the coordinates in the multiplayer file, I can confirm my Route Advisor is back where I wanted it!
Where do i find these oculus.sii and multiplayer_adviser_oculus.sii files? I can't find them in the steam local files directory nor can i locate them in the documents folder.

I am new to ETS 2 and got the VR working fine but the GPS is in the middle of the steering wheel which makes seeing the dashboard hard to see. I've downloaded the GPS_Move.scs and put it into the mod folder and Mod Manager in game says its active but nothing has changed?

Thanks

Return to “General discussion about the game”