VR: GPS in Center of screen

SCOBRA-BR2021

Re: VR: GPS in Center of screen

#21 Post by SCOBRA-BR2021 » 27 Jul 2021 17:36

SUGGESTION FOR IMPROVEMENTS IN THE GPS WINDOW

I would like to suggest to SCS that we can move the GPS screen (F5) and also have a way to enlarge the GPS window. Understand that I am not referring to Zoom as it is possible to increase by pressing the Button (F5). I'm referring to the size of the window where the GPS is located outside the truck. It would be nice to be able to increase it a little more. I am Operated from both views, and I have difficulty filling the GPS in question.
ReverendTed

#22 Post by ReverendTed » 28 Jul 2021 04:07

scrappysphinx wrote: 27 Jul 2021 16:20Where do i find these oculus.sii and multiplayer_adviser_oculus.sii files? I can't find them in the steam local files directory nor can i locate them in the documents folder.

I am new to ETS 2 and got the VR working fine but the GPS is in the middle of the steering wheel which makes seeing the dashboard hard to see. I've downloaded the GPS_Move.scs and put it into the mod folder and Mod Manager in game says its active but nothing has changed?
If you add .zip to the end of GPS_Move.scs (so, GPS_Move.scs.zip) it can be opened as a zip archive.
adviser_oculus.sii is in the /ui/ folder.
The multiplayer_adviser_oclulus.sii is in a ui/multiplayer/ folder, but to find the original you have to unpack the base.scs file in the ATS or ETS2 steamapps/common/ folder using an appropriate .scs file browser. (I used SCS Extractor.)

I've attached my copy of the file, or attempted to anyway - I've never used this feature of the forum before.

Again, if you put this into the GPS_Move.scs it needs to be in ui/multiplayer/
Attachments
multiplayer_adviser_oculus.sii
Multiplayer VR version of GPS Move
(25.61 KiB) Downloaded 85 times
Apexmaster36

#23 Post by Apexmaster36 » 08 Aug 2021 12:32

hey guys, i am little lost. can you share process of making this happen? i have download the file called GPSmove.zip. where do I extract? is this a MOD or just changing in game?
thank you. I also read the thread in Steam for this but cannot figure out.
LetoDK

#24 Post by LetoDK » 09 Aug 2021 13:22

I have updated the scs file according to ReverendTed's findings.

I can confirm that GPS_move now works again for 1.41

A big thanks to hippo, Jellybug and ReverendTed
Extract the .zip file, saving the GPS_Move.scs file to your mod folder: /Documents/Euro Truck Simulator 2/mod
RootlessAgrarian

#25 Post by RootlessAgrarian » 16 Nov 2021 06:23

If the VR port were really finished, you could just reach out and grab the thing and move it :-)
One problem with moving it is, of course it thinks it's flatscreen so you can't tilt it for a nice viewing angle after relocating upwards, downwards, to one side.
A % transparency feature might be nice here :-)
I just dismiss the thing most of the time.
Level 42 and rising... i7 8700K -- AMD Radeon 5700XT -- ASUS MAXIMUS XI HERO - WIN10
NoCabView minimod
Euro Bike Simulator
The Beginner's Guide To SCS Mapping (WIP)
AweY

#26 Post by AweY » 22 Jul 2022 01:12

LetoDK wrote: 09 Aug 2021 13:22 I have updated the scs file according to ReverendTed's findings.

I can confirm that GPS_move now works again for 1.41

A big thanks to hippo, Jellybug and ReverendTed
Extract the .zip file, saving the GPS_Move.scs file to your mod folder: /Documents/Euro Truck Simulator 2/mod
Hi LetoDK.

Have you updated it for the version 1.44? Running the 1.41 mod version on the 1.44 game makes it crash right after loading.

Thanks!
ReverendTed

#27 Post by ReverendTed » 06 Aug 2022 00:14

They changed the location of the advisor configuration file back again.
There is no longer a ui/multiplayer/multiplayer_advisor_oculus.sii

Instead, it's back to using ui/advisor_oculus.sii
Otherwise, the file has exactly the same contents.
I can confirm this will work on ATS version 1.45

Here are the instructions:

Take the existing GPS_move.scs file in your ATS mods folder and rename it GPS_move.scs.zip
Open it and go into the ui\multiplayer\ folder.
Drag multiplayer_advisor_oculus.sii out of the zip (extract it).
Rename it "advisor_oclulus.sii".
In GPS_move.scs.zip, go into the "ui" folder and drag advisor_oculus.sii into it, to load it back into the zip file.
Delete the multiplayer folder from the zip file.
Rename GPS_move.scs.zip back to GPS_move.scs

That should do it.
(I've gone ahead and attached the advisor_oculus.sii just in case, but you'll need to package it into a ui subfolder in an .scs archive yourself in order to use it.)
Attachments
adviser_oculus.sii
Working advisor_oculus.sii file for ATS v1.45
(25.61 KiB) Downloaded 42 times
Scottyp123

#28 Post by Scottyp123 » 06 Aug 2022 09:30

I tried this mod but nothing changes, I followed ReverendTed's instructions just above and it no longer crashed anymore but the screen doesn't seem to move, if it does it doesn't move much.

I do use a Reverb G2 though and I not the files are called *oculus, does that make a difference?
ReverendTed

#29 Post by ReverendTed » 06 Aug 2022 11:27

Scottyp123 wrote: 06 Aug 2022 09:30I do use a Reverb G2 though and I not the files are called *oculus, does that make a difference?
It should move WAY up top if you're using my version.
Just to confirm a few things:
1- Does GPS_move show up in the Mod Manager when you start ATS?
2- If you right-click the file and view Properties, does it list the name as GPS_move.scs?
3- If you change the name to GPS_move.scs.zip and open it, is there a "ui" folder, and then the advisor_oculus.sii file is inside "ui"?
4- Which beta are you opted into through Steam? Is it the oculus beta?

I've tested it in ATS. Both ATS and ETS2 usually use the same file structure, but I haven't tested it in ETS2.
Scottyp123

#30 Post by Scottyp123 » 08 Aug 2022 15:30

ReverendTed wrote: 06 Aug 2022 11:27
Scottyp123 wrote: 06 Aug 2022 09:30I do use a Reverb G2 though and I not the files are called *oculus, does that make a difference?
It should move WAY up top if you're using my version.
Just to confirm a few things:
1- Does GPS_move show up in the Mod Manager when you start ATS?
2- If you right-click the file and view Properties, does it list the name as GPS_move.scs?
3- If you change the name to GPS_move.scs.zip and open it, is there a "ui" folder, and then the advisor_oculus.sii file is inside "ui"?
4- Which beta are you opted into through Steam? Is it the oculus beta?

I've tested it in ATS. Both ATS and ETS2 usually use the same file structure, but I haven't tested it in ETS2.

1. Yes, it shows up and I'm able to move it to the active panel no problems.
2. not sure, do you mean the file in the mods folder in documents.
3. the file structure is the mod flder which has a ui folder inside it and that has the correct file inside that, although its spelt adviser and not advisor.
4. No too sure on the beta but I have -openvr in the launch box.

The ui folder already has an original file inside it with the same name but I assume the one you move from the multiplayer folder and rename just over writes the original so there is still the one file inside it.

Return to “General discussion about the game”